PDA

View Full Version : Canseco book signing Mon 2/8 in Naperville and Tue 3/1 in Chicago

ChiSoxRowand
02-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Not that anybody really cares, just thought I'd post it. I would think of checking it out if I didn't live so far away.

The times and places-

Mon 2/28
7:00 pm
Anderson's Books
123 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Naperville, Illinois

Tue 3/1
12:30 pm
Borders Books & Music
150 North State Street
Chicago, Illinois

Got the information from his websitehttp://www.JoseCanseco.com (http://www.josecanseco.com/)
He is actually selling his 2000 Yankees World Series ring there

StillMissOzzie
02-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Maybe one of the mods will see this and fix your title, as it reads 2 / 8 and should be 2 / 28

SMO
:gulp:

ChiSoxRowand
02-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Maybe one of the mods will see this and fix your title, as it reads 2 / 8 and should be 2 / 28

SMO
:gulp:

Thanks, fixed it

Ol Aches & Pains
02-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Not that anybody really cares, just thought I'd post it. I would think of checking it out if I didn't live so far away.

The times and places-

Mon 2/28
7:00 pm
Anderson's Books
123 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Naperville, Illinois

Tue 3/1
12:30 pm
Borders Books & Music
150 North State Street
Chicago, Illinois

Got the information from his websitehttp://www.JoseCanseco.com (http://www.josecanseco.com/)
He is actually selling his 2000 Yankees World Series ring there

Thanks for that info, my wife will probably camp out all night on the sidewalk to be first in line. :angry:

RKMeibalane
02-21-2005, 08:24 PM
*Sighs*

PaleHoseGeorge
02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Buying that $700 autographed Sox jersey? The line forms at the left. Thank you!
:redneck

Lip Man 1
02-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Interesting quote from Ron Kittle to Chet Coppock on The Sporting News radio network:

"He should keep his mouth shut. Right now he should be fearing for his life. I would say, 'if I were you, I'd get out of the country because you're upsetting people who have a lot of money, and you just did probably the stupidest thing on the planet."

The Sporting News print magazine. Page 79.

Lip

MRKARNO
02-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Buying that $700 autographed Sox jersey? The line forms at the left. Thank you!
:redneck

Do Autographed Frank Thomas jerseys even go for that much?

RKMeibalane
02-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Do Autographed Frank Thomas jerseys even go for that much?

I think the steroids have affected Canseco's brain. If he thinks someone is willing to pay that much for his jersey, he's out of his mind.

SomebodyToldMe
02-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the info. I might have to make a trip out there.

soltrain21
02-21-2005, 09:40 PM
That is right down the road for me (I go to NCC in Naperville).

I might stop by and check it out.

SoxxoS
02-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Interesting quote from Ron Kittle to Chet Coppock on The Sporting News radio network:

"He should keep his mouth shut. Right now he should be fearing for his life. I would say, 'if I were you, I'd get out of the country because you're upsetting people who have a lot of money, and you just did probably the stupidest thing on the planet."

Lip

Just what old Bud needs...a murder 1 conspiracy on the conscience of baseball...

SOXPHILE
02-21-2005, 10:44 PM
He's supposed to be on Boers & Bernstein on one of those days too.

mike squires
02-21-2005, 11:33 PM

Lip

I remember over the summer he was on a sports talk show on the radio and made a comment about not liking Barry Bonds and that Bonds said something to him that was not a cool thing to say. They kept trying to get Kitty to say what it was but he wouldn't do it. anyone remember this?

Brian26
02-22-2005, 10:20 AM
That is right down the road for me (I go to NCC in Naperville).

Is that the bookstore right next to Lou Malnati's? It seems sort of small, so I'm surprised they're doing it there.

SOXintheBURGH
02-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Is that the bookstore right next to Lou Malnati's? It seems sort of small, so I'm surprised they're doing it there.

Lou Malnati's?
Hey, I have an idea for a thread, What's the Best Pizza in Chicago?

Frater Perdurabo
02-22-2005, 12:08 PM
I dare someone go to one of the book signing sessions, and then ask him to sign this:

:canseco

Jabroni
02-22-2005, 12:12 PM
I dare someone go to one of the book signing sessions, and then ask him to sign this:

:cansecoHe would gladly sign it. In case you haven't heard Canseco discuss steroids, he thinks they're great and can make humans live well over 100 years. He's also in love with his own physique and thinks that steroids are the next best thing to sliced bread.

Frater Perdurabo
02-22-2005, 12:14 PM
He would gladly sign it. In case you haven't heard Canseco discuss steroids, he thinks they're great and can make humans live well over 100 years. He's also in love with his own physique and thinks that steroids are the next best thing to sliced bread.

Thanks, I hadn't seen or read any of the news reports lately.