PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Sons of Sam Horn website

SluggersAway
02-20-2005, 10:06 PM
It seems as if some people believe that the Sons of Sam Horn message board is the be all and end all of baseball fan sites. I, and a whole lot of other people would disagree. Those freaks from the east have nothing on this website where the clearest thinkers and most clever baseball fans reside.

I just want to show my appreciation for this site and the tireless moderators who make this site the best in all of baseball. This is for all the elders present and those long and forgotten. Thank you for all your efforts.

Bottoms up and sluggers away!!!

SOXintheBURGH
02-20-2005, 10:10 PM
It seems as if some people believe that the Sons of Sam Horn message board is the be all and end all of baseball fan sites. I, and a whole lot of other people would disagree. Those freaks from the east have nothing on this website where the clearest thinkers and most clever baseball fans reside.

I just want to show my appreciation for this site and the tireless moderators who make this site the best in all of baseball. This is for all the elders present and those long and forgotten. Thank you for all your efforts.

Bottoms up and sluggers away!!!

Glad you enjoy it. :gulp: Never been to Sons of Sam Horn, the only Boston fansite I ever lurked on was the one that a WSI poster, fenway, mentions.

Brian26
02-20-2005, 10:18 PM
It seems as if some people believe that the Sons of Sam Horn message board is the be all and end all of baseball fan sites.

It's not the be all/end all, but it's better than the old AOL message boards. :D:

SluggersAway
02-20-2005, 10:48 PM
I'd like to also give equal time to the Sox pitchers as my login might be considered one-sided, so here is to all the White Sox strong arms....Strikes Away!!!

Postscript: This site while totally biased, is totally amazing. Keep up all the great work, and a whole-hearted thank you from all the fans.

nccwsfan
02-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Checked out the home page once- looks pretty nice if you're a Red Sox guy....for me I'll stick with WSI- easily the best White Sox website around!

:smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-21-2005, 10:10 AM
I've only ever visited the main page of Sons of Sam Horn. No big deal. I've heard they have a large message board community and require new members to submit an essay before they are permitted to post. That's as much as I know.

Is there anybody from WSI also posting at SSH? How do they compare and contrast?
:?:

Jabroni
02-21-2005, 10:14 AM
I've only ever visited the main page of Sons of Sam Horn. No big deal. I've heard they have a large message board community and require new members to submit an essay before they are permitted to post. That's as much as I know.

Is there anybody from WSI also posting at SSH? How do they compare and contrast?
:?:I heard this as well. An essay? :tongue: What, are people applying for college there? :rolleyes:

MUsoxfan
02-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Fenway would probably know the most about that site. I THINK he's one of the main guys over at redsoxnation.com....so he might know a thing or two about his friendly rival.

Brian26
02-21-2005, 12:31 PM

I mentioned this once. The level of discussion over there seems to be fairly intelligent. They had to institute the restricted posting/essay submittal around this time last year after Curt Schilling started posting. The Red Sox owner has also posted on the boards, and so has Theo Epstein. I somewhat understand their concerns now. When you have people like that reading and contributing to the site, it's easy to understand how the place could easily become a zoo fairly quickly. This place went nuts when Willsy started posting, so imagine what it would be like if JR, KW or Buehrle started posting.

Baby Fisk
02-21-2005, 12:39 PM
I mentioned this once. The level of discussion over there seems to be fairly intelligent. They had to institute the restricted posting/essay submittal around this time last year after Curt Schilling started posting. The Red Sox owner has also posted on the boards, and so has Theo Epstein. I somewhat understand their concerns now. When you have people like that reading and contributing to the site, it's easy to understand how the place could easily become a zoo fairly quickly. This place went nuts when Willsy started posting, so imagine what it would be like if JR, KW or Buehrle started posting.
:reinsy
"The joke's on you! I've been posting here all along as LipMan. Come on, did you honestly believe there's some guy out there in Idaho who can be capable of despising me so much? LOL! It isn't humanly possible to be that full of hate!"

MUsoxfan
02-21-2005, 12:42 PM
:reinsy
"The joke's on you! I've been posting here all along as LipMan. Come on, did you honestly believe there's some guy out there in Idaho who can be capable of despising me so much? LOL! It isn't humanly possible to be that full of hate!"

LOL! :rolling: