PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox to award FIVE HUNDRED rings

Fenway
02-20-2005, 01:57 PM
applause to John Henry for taking care of everybody

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/02/20/a_shining_example/

The Sox will issue 500 World Series rings to players, coaches, management, and myriad team employees, obliterating the record for the largest order ever received by Minneapolis-based ring maker Jostens Inc.

Erik The Red
02-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Didn't Kraft do basically the same thing back in 2001, giving rings to everyone including janitors, etc.?

Fenway
02-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Didn't Kraft do basically the same thing back in 2001, giving rings to everyone including janitors, etc.?

Full time VENDORS at the stadium got rings

TDog
02-20-2005, 03:19 PM

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2005/02/20/a_shining_example/

The Sox will issue 500 World Series rings to players, coaches, management, and myriad team employees, obliterating the record for the largest order ever received by Minneapolis-based ring maker Jostens Inc.

I suppose you Easterners don't know any better than to refer to Boston's baseball team -- the ones with B's on their caps -- as "the Sox."

It's nice to see, though, that the Red Sox aren't being cheap with the rings. It wasn't until last year that the Yankees gave Carlos May his 1977 World Series ring. The Yankees traded May to the Angels that September. He got a World Series share, but it took the Yankees more than a quarter of a century to give him his ring.

Fenway
02-20-2005, 03:31 PM
When I was younger the newspapers would describe the Red Sox as the Carmine Hose and the White Sox as the Pale Hose. Then it changed to ChiSox and BoSox. In fact the main fan clun for the Red Sox is the BoSox Club
http://www.bosoxclub.org/

It was the YANKEES fans that started calling us SOX.

I suppose you Easterners don't know any better than to refer to Boston's baseball team -- the ones with B's on their caps -- as "the Sox."

It's nice to see, though, that the Red Sox aren't being cheap with the rings. It wasn't until last year that the Yankees gave Carlos May his 1977 World Series ring. The Yankees traded May to the Angels that September. He got a World Series share, but it took the Yankees more than a quarter of a century to give him his ring.

LongLiveFisk
02-20-2005, 05:42 PM

I remember hearing about that just shortly after the Red Sox won. I thought that was a great gesture, and I hope that White Sox employees will be getting fit for one after the 2005 season. :D:

SOXintheBURGH
02-20-2005, 05:43 PM
I remember hearing about that just shortly after the Red Sox won. I thought that was a great gesture, and I hope that White Sox employees will be getting fit for one after the 2005 season. :D:

:reinsy

??????????

LongLiveFisk
02-20-2005, 05:47 PM
:reinsy

??????????

I apologize..I actaully DID mean to put that last statement in teal! :tongue:

California Sox
02-20-2005, 09:40 PM

Must be the largest world series order ever received by Jostens because they did the class rings at my high school and we ordered at least 500. :wink:

CubKilla
02-20-2005, 11:17 PM

You obviously have never left your State. When you talk "Sox" outside of Illinois, you're dealing with the Red and not the White .

TDog
02-21-2005, 12:44 AM
You obviously have never left your State. When you talk "Sox" outside of Illinois, you're dealing with the Red and not the White .

I've lived in five of America's six time zones, and I've never lived in the state of Illinois. "Sox" requires context. No Sox would never come to my state, but in Anaheim or Arlington, asking when "the Sox" are coming to town generally gets you the response, "which Sox?" In the context of a White Sox Interactive message board, "Sox" does not stand for "Red Sox."

WhiteSoxFan84
02-21-2005, 03:25 AM

You think JR will take care of the White Sox fans too? I mean there's only 16 of us.

doublem23
02-21-2005, 04:30 AM

That's also true for most of Illinois as well.

C-Dawg
02-21-2005, 05:49 AM
Maybe they will give rings to the people at Mastercard who came up with those "Next Year Is Here" commercials.

hsnterprize
02-21-2005, 06:26 AM

The Sox will issue 500 World Series rings to players, coaches, management, and myriad team employees, obliterating the record for the largest order ever received by Minneapolis-based ring maker Jostens Inc.Now the question is...will the Red Sox players get their rings at their home opener against the Yankees? Personally, I hope so.

jortafan
02-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Does anyone know if it was ever determined whether Nomar (a.k.a., Mr. Hamm) gets a ring?

oeo
02-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know if it was ever determined whether Nomar (a.k.a., Mr. Hamm) gets a ring?

That was seriously being determined?

Do not give that little baby a ring, he didn't play the second half of the season when they exploded.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-21-2005, 11:59 AM
That was seriously being determined?

Do not give that little baby a ring, he didn't play the second half of the season when they exploded.

I'm pretty sure Nomar will get a ring. No matter what happened last year, the guy was huge in Boston for years. As faith would have it, he leaves, and they win the World Series. Nonetheless, he played for them during the season they won the title, so in my eyes, he deserves a ring.

And how much do you want to bet that Cub fans will make a big deal out of him getting a World Series ring and hype that up as the new curse?

williefan22
02-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Nomar will get a ring. No matter what happened last year, the guy was huge in Boston for years. As faith would have it, he leaves, and they win the World Series. Nonetheless, he played for them during the season they won the title, so in my eyes, he deserves a ring.

And how much do you want to bet that Cub fans will make a big deal out of him getting a World Series ring and hype that up as the new curse?

What they were saying last year is how he will get part of the bonus for the world series but he will get no ring.

Bucky F. Dent
02-21-2005, 03:24 PM
The real beauty of it is that they all receive their rings on the field before the first home game against the Yanks!

C-Dawg
02-22-2005, 08:31 PM
The real beauty of it is that they all receive their rings on the field before the first home game against the Yanks!

I think they should get their rings in a ceremony in Chicago, at Wrigley Field, before they play the Cubs!

Fenway
02-23-2005, 01:38 PM

It is official now

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- The Boston Red Sox will receive their World Series rings just before their home opener against the New York Yankees.

The formal presentation will be made on the field at Fenway Park before the April 11 game and will be followed by two charity events commemorating the team's first title in 86 years, Red Sox spokesman Charles Steinberg said Wednesday.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/02/23/champs_will_get_rings_on_opening_day/

and CVS is now the OFFICIAL drug store of the team

CVS Corp., the nation's largest drugstore chain, has inked a five-year marketing agreement with the Boston Red Sox that includes placing signs at venerable Fenway Park and the team's spring training home

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2005/02/23/cvs_signs_five_year_marketing_agreement_with_red_s ox/

DumpJerry
02-23-2005, 01:58 PM
They need to give the Yankees rings, too. But for the biggest choke job in the history of professional sports, dating back to the Galdiators, those rings would not be passed out in Beantown.

Well, the second, no third biggest choke job. Make that fourth. The first three are (in no particular order): 1969 Flubs, 2003 Flubs, 2004 Flubs. Nice to see someone else getting in on the choke action!:D:

Baby Fisk
02-23-2005, 03:05 PM
It is official now
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- The Boston Red Sox will receive their World Series rings just before their home opener against the New York Yankees.

The formal presentation will be made on the field at Fenway Park before the April 11 game and will be followed by two charity events commemorating the team's first title in 86 years, Red Sox spokesman Charles Steinberg said Wednesday.

YES! YES! YES!
The greatest day for Yankee Haters since ALCS Game 7. :bandance:

*dials cable company to order 2005 Extra Innings package*

AZChiSoxFan
02-23-2005, 03:56 PM

Since Kittle42 hasn't jumped in here yet, I guess I will. I believe the term is..."As FATE would have it." BTW, he should get a ring. After all, he's the reason Boston won the WS. Once he left, the team took off.

LongLiveFisk
02-23-2005, 05:33 PM
I think they should get their rings in a ceremony in Chicago, at Wrigley Field, before they play the Cubs!

Yeah, then the Cubs players can get their rings the same day as the Red Sox players. I mean, they won too, remember?

:kneeslap:

JohnBasedowYoda
02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
i find it hilarious that the same company that makes rings bought by h.s. teenagers' moms and then given to their girlfriends afterwards makes the world series ring

SOXintheBURGH
02-24-2005, 08:38 PM
i find it hilarious that the same company that makes rings bought by h.s. teenagers' moms and then given to their girlfriends afterwards makes the world series ring

Yeah I was thinking that too.. Is there anything they can't do?

Fenway
04-08-2005, 08:08 PM
The rings have arrived and they are stunning

http://www.brinkleys.org/users/tsl/ring2.jpg

http://www.brinkleys.org/users/tsl/ring3.jpghttp://www.brinkleys.org/users/tsl/ring1.jpg

StillMissOzzie
04-08-2005, 11:43 PM
They need to give the Yankees rings, too. But for the biggest choke job in the history of professional sports, dating back to the Galdiators, those rings would not be passed out in Beantown.

Well, the second, no third biggest choke job. Make that fourth. The first three are (in no particular order): 1969 Flubs, 2003 Flubs, 2004 Flubs. Nice to see someone else getting in on the choke action!:D:

I think you've got to put the 1984 Flubs in there, too. Up two games to none in what was then a best-of-five series, they dropped three straight to the Padres in San Diego, highlighted by Leon Durham's Gatorade-glove miscue.

SMO
:gulp: