PDA

View Full Version : Read this.

Spiff
10-26-2001, 05:51 PM
Seriously. http://espn.go.com/page2/s/caple/011026.html

One part: "The Yankees damn near killed off interest in baseball during their reign in the 1950s and early '60s, and they threaten to do so again unless someone stops them and makes the World Series interesting again."

GASHWOUND
10-26-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

One part: "The Yankees damn near killed off interest in baseball during their reign in the 1950s and early '60s, and they threaten to do so again unless someone stops them and makes the World Series interesting again."

THE SPANKS MUST BE STOPPED!!

FarWestChicago
10-26-2001, 06:14 PM
Here's another one. This woman is from the hood where Ode and I grew up. Ode remembers her dad as being the biggest Sox fanatic of all the local dad's:

http://www.arizonarepublic.com/sports/articles/1024boivin1024.html

danman31
10-26-2001, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Here's another one. This woman is from the hood where Ode and I grew up. Ode remembers her dad as being the biggest Sox fanatic of all the local dad's:

http://www.arizonarepublic.com/sports/articles/1024boivin1024.html

And where did you grow up??

FarWestChicago
10-26-2001, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by danman31

And where did you grow up?? You really don't know? Man, we had some big threads early in the summer about the south burbs. Anyway, check my profile. It's in there.

Chisox_cali
10-26-2001, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You really don't know? Man, we had some big threads early in the summer about the south burbs. Anyway, check my profile. It's in there.

I belive it was I who started that big-ass thread that started about us both being raised in Park Forest then it turned into a dissusion on Pizza Places or something of that nature. I think it was on the old Message Board

danman31
10-26-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I belive it was I who started that big-ass thread that started about us both being raised in Park Forest then it turned into a dissusion on Pizza Places or something of that nature. I think it was on the old Message Board

If it was on the old board I may not have been on the site yet. I came to the site mid April of this season.

Spiff
10-26-2001, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I remember the Pizza discussion, during which I was totally clueless.

But I thought that was more toward July or August.

FarWestChicago
10-26-2001, 11:33 PM

But I thought that was more toward July or August. I'm not sure when it was, but I know it was on the old software. We switched on July 22, so it was before that.

CLR01
10-27-2001, 03:29 AM

But I thought that was more toward July or August.

Depends on which one you are talking about. It seems we have one of those discussions every month or so. I believe we even had people talking about where to get a decent Philly steak sandwich in Cleveland once.

harwar
10-27-2001, 09:24 AM

The only reason i'm going to watch the World Series is to see Johnson and Schilling dismantle(hopefully) the yanks.I've only missed one in 30-some years(1994)but if someone(White Sox?)doesn't put an end to their rule next year,then i'm done.At least we've got the Bears & Hawks now.What a pleasant surprise the Bears are.The Hawks are just an accident waiting to happen.

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by harwar

The only reason i'm going to watch the World Series is to see Johnson and Schilling dismantle(hopefully) the yanks.I can't help myself. I'll watch hoping to see the Yankmees lose.

WinningUgly!
10-27-2001, 12:31 PM
As much as I hate the Yankees, I almost hope they win it again. If the Sox are gonna bounce back in 2002 & hopefully have a shot at the Series, I wanna be able to say that the White Sox were responsible for ending the Yankees streak of titles!

FarWestChicago
10-27-2001, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
As much as I hate the Yankees, I almost hope they win it again. If the Sox are gonna bounce back in 2002 & hopefully have a shot at the Series, I wanna be able to say that the White Sox were responsible for ending the Yankees streak of titles! At this poiint I'll settle for anybody stopping the Yankmees! :)

Bmr31
10-27-2001, 01:26 PM
As much as I hate the Yankees, I almost hope they win it again. If the Sox are gonna bounce back in 2002 & hopefully have a shot at the Series, I wanna be able to say that the White Sox were responsible for ending the Yankees streak of titles!

If youre serious about that, i hope youre willing to wait 3 years.............

danman31
10-27-2001, 01:56 PM

This is how I felt last year, but now I don't care. Just anyone beat em!