PDA

View Full Version : You have been warned

Fenway
02-19-2005, 04:07 PM
If the NHL season is saved which by all accounts coming out Satursday afternoon will be, it will cause a drastic effect in the number of games televised during spring training.

Two reasons for this

1. The NHL lockout made for a surplus of TV trucks around the country. Most NHL games use at least 2 trucks ( home feed and away ) With no end to the lockout in sight trucks were available. Now who the heck knows.....(yes I did type home feed there, most NHL teams televise home games :cool: )

2. If and when the Hawks play the games will be on Comcast. This will almost certainly bump some of the scheduled White Sox games and we hearing rumors the Hawks in a goodwill gesture may televise HOME games as well )

Now CSN has an alternate feed set up for Hawks, Bulls conflicts but I don't know if they will use it for spring training games. ( and it may be moot anyways because of available trucks )

tromcoe
02-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Most Spring Training Games are in the early to mid afternoon. I can't see how that could conflict with broadcasts. Besides, there were caveats to the announcement of the broadcast as far as I know. And I am sure that the Whitesox must have their own crew and trucks available.

MRKARNO
02-19-2005, 04:25 PM
All of the ST games, except for the one on April 1st in Milwaukee, are day games, so I can't see a lot of games getting moved for that reason, but there might be a truck issue. I don't know, but I'm willing to bet that CSN is set up to handle 2 games at once with basketball and hockey overlapping, as well as the two baseball teams. The issue might be if there's a Bulls, Hawks and Sox game scheduled for the same day, but I think that at least there will be 17-18 games shown on Comcast. Maybe 2 or 3 might get cancelled, but I just cant see more than that getting cancelled.

Fenway
02-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Most Spring Training Games are in the early to mid afternoon. I can't see how that could conflict with broadcasts. Besides, there were caveats to the announcement of the broadcast as far as I know. And I am sure that the Whitesox must have their own crew and trucks available.

Trucks were dirt cheap per day with no hockey, with hockey the price just went up

Truck biz is brutal hockey in Boston one night, basketball in Philly the next...

CWSGuy406
02-19-2005, 04:39 PM
I don't think you have to worry about that.

Unfortunately (for a hockey fan like myself), it looks as if no progress has been made, and they won't be talking again.

No worries, the NHL is still dead.

NSSoxFan
02-19-2005, 04:46 PM
I don't think you have to worry about that.

Unfortunately (for a hockey fan like myself), it looks as if no progress has been made, and they won't be talking again.

I was wondering why fenway and basically all the other media were reporting that a deal is "imminent". Nothing is "imminent" when you have millionaires squabbling over money...

CWSGuy406
02-19-2005, 05:18 PM
I was wondering why fenway and basically all the other media were reporting that a deal is "imminent". Nothing is "imminent" when you have millionaires squabbling over money...

I'm listening to a Toronto station right now, and basically the guy from Sportsnet.CA that they had on said that both sides came into the meeting, thinking, "Are you gonna make a proposal?" -- "Are you gonna make a proposal?"

And, even though it was nice for the media to grab onto this, 45 million was never really possible. There'd be more than eight owners who would object to that...

(Sorry for bringing the hockey talk into the Clubhouse...)

Whitesox029
02-19-2005, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't mind if I missed some spring training on TV if it meant I could finally see some hockey. We have at least 5 full months of televised baseball anyway. I really miss watching the hawks no matter how bad they suck. It's a good thing for Kenny's amazing offseason or this might have registered as the worst winter of my life.

chisox56
02-19-2005, 05:19 PM
The NHL won't be saved so it really doesn't matter anyways!

I_Liked_Manuel
02-19-2005, 05:49 PM
The NHL won't be saved so it really doesn't matter anyways!

are you a betting man?

WhiteSoxFan84
02-19-2005, 06:34 PM
are you a betting man?

I might be willing to put down $50 on the fact that there won't be a 2004-2005 NHL season.

I don't want to help you out, but just checkout NHL.com. The NHL & NHLPA met for 6 and 1/2 hours today and made no progress. No other meetings are planned.

By the way, about those idle satellite trucks not being used; ESPN is using them for all there college basketball games. Personally, I've never loved college sports as much as I do now. Is it because the Illini are # 1? Maybe, but it has more to do with the competition this season.

ode to veeck
02-19-2005, 06:48 PM
this thread is truely clueless, and certainly doesn't belong in the CLubhouse. The hockey season is DEAD!!

chisox06
02-19-2005, 09:24 PM
So much for that "imminent" deal (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1995286)

Seriously can we give this a rest please?:rolleyes: Bye bye hockey.

PAPChiSox729
02-19-2005, 10:06 PM
No need to worry. The NHL season is done.:thud:

Lip Man 1
02-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Good riddance. Who wants to watch the Lackhawks.

Lip

paciorek1983
02-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Yes!:bandance: :gulp:

santo=dorf
02-19-2005, 11:50 PM
:threadsucks

There won't be any Hockey games on during the day time because the NHL is dead! Enough already!

idiotAllDAWay
02-19-2005, 11:52 PM
hockey is so old.