PDA

View Full Version : How many games will Thomas' injury cost the Sox?

WhiteSoxFan84
02-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Right now, according to Ozzie Guillen and some other White Sox people, the worst case scenario is having Frank Thomas out until June. If Thomas comes back on June 1st, he will have missed 53 games in the 2005 season.

What I'm asking you is this; after those 53 games, how many will the White Sox lose because of the loss of Frank Thomas?

If the team is somewhere around 29-24, that would be respectable. With Frank Thomas after those 53 games, I think the team would be around 32-21.

So in my opinion, Thomas being out for those 53 games, would cost us 3 games.

Am I overvaluing Thomas' presence in the lineup and inside the clubhouse or do you guys pretty much agree?

MRKARNO
02-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Maybe 3, but that depends on how good Everett is. If he's in 2003 form then it might only be 1-2, but if he's not, it's probably closer to 3.

gosox41
02-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Right now, according to Ozzie Guillen and some other White Sox people, the worst case scenario is having Frank Thomas out until June. If Thomas comes back on June 1st, he will have missed 53 games in the 2005 season.

What I'm asking you is this; after those 53 games, how many will the White Sox lose because of the loss of Frank Thomas?

If the team is somewhere around 29-24, that would be respectable. With Frank Thomas after those 53 games, I think the team would be around 32-21.

So in my opinion, Thomas being out for those 53 games, would cost us 3 games.

Am I overvaluing Thomas' presence in the lineup and inside the clubhouse or do you guys pretty much agree?

Based on Phil Rogers article with the mighty Ross Gload and Crazy Carl the line up is as good as it's going to get. After readin Phil's artcile, am I supposed to assume putting a healthy Frank Thomas at DH instead of an unproven Gload and a contract year Everett is going to hurt the team?

If Phil is right (which I doubt) then Frank's presence in the lineup will actually decrease wins.

Let the record reflect that I don't believe this for a second.

Bob

chisox06
02-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Based on Phil Rogers article with the mighty Ross Gload and Crazy Carl the line up is as good as it's going to get. After readin Phil's artcile, am I supposed to assume putting a healthy Frank Thomas at DH instead of an unproven Gload and a contract year Everett is going to hurt the team?

If Phil is right (which I doubt) then Frank's presence in the lineup will actually decrease wins.

Let the record reflect that I don't believe this for a second.

Bob

I dont understand why everyone is so hard on Ross.

2004 stats:

Games:110
AB:234
Runs:28
Hits:75
Doubles:16
Homeruns:7
AVG:.321

For a guy that's not in there everyday, those are good stats period. Having Ross off the bench is a luxury and I for one am glad to have him in that role. It could be a lot worse.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-19-2005, 10:37 PM
All of those solo HRs last year with Frank and walks out of the lineup (not to mention his hits) were a killer. It'll cost us 3-4 games.

MRKARNO
02-19-2005, 11:29 PM

2004 stats:

For a guy that's not in there everyday, those are good stats period. Having Ross off the bench is a luxury and I for one am glad to have him in that role. It could be a lot worse.

Him and Everett will probably be fine backups. When it's all said and done, assuming that one or both of them hit like they can when healthy, the games we'll lose bc of not having Frank will be no more than 2, possibly even one if they hit really well.

MRKARNO
02-19-2005, 11:53 PM
frank is junk now.

:troll

idiotAllDAWay
02-19-2005, 11:54 PM
ok

SOXintheBURGH
02-19-2005, 11:55 PM
frank is junk now.

:dtroll: ing gets you:
:deadtrolls

idiotAllDAWay
02-19-2005, 11:56 PM
ok im missin' somethin here is this bad.

gosox41
02-20-2005, 12:24 AM

2004 stats:

Ross is a bench player. He was a 28year old (or whatever) rookie who was put in situations where he can succeed. I don't think he hits that high as an everyday player.

To even thing Gload's one season is comparable to Frank even when he had a walnut sized bone spur in his foot is ridiculous. And that's exactly what Phil Rogers, Rozner, and even KW are.

Bob

zach074
02-20-2005, 10:11 AM
I think we have enough depth to be able to make up for Frank being gone.

Jabroni
02-20-2005, 10:16 AM
frank is junk now.Did he really say this? :?:

:troll

WhiteSoxAllDAWay, I hope you don't take offence to this but I think you're junk now.