PDA

View Full Version : I think Biddle's Hurt

kermittheefrog
07-26-2001, 12:15 AM
This really isn't all that ridiculous of a theory. Remember when he left the Cubs game after 3 innings and missed a start due to shoulder problems? Well at that time he had a 4.70 ERA and had 5 quality starts out of 11 starts. Since then he has an ERA of 6.68 and two quality starts in 7 starts. I doubt this is a coincidence, and they said on FSC that his velocity is down. Sounds like an injured pitcher.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2001, 12:21 AM
"Torn Labrum -- the OFFICIAL injury of the Chicago White Sox!"

Nothing would surprise me at this point. I was at that game Biddle left early against the Flubs. He looked terrific. In fact he's pitched well enough to have at least a .500 record. But a lot of those seven losses weren't flukes either. Tonight's was one of them.

Hey Kermit, you're still "new". You'll never make "personality" like this, LOL!

KempersRS
07-26-2001, 12:23 AM
You'll never make "personality" like this, LOL!

Some guys should just get personality no matter how many times they post. It would be fitting :)

kermittheefrog
07-26-2001, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
"Torn Labrum -- the OFFICIAL injury of the Chicago White Sox!"

Nothing would surprise me at this point. I was at that game Biddle left early against the Flubs. He looked terrific. In fact he's pitched well enough to have at least a .500 record. But a lot of those seven losses weren't flukes either. Tonight's was one of them.

I was at that game too, he was hitting 93-94 and his curve was lethal. He was damn pissed off to be taken out that game. After that the Sox said they had him popping pills to keep down inflamation in his shoulder. I'd say considering the situation the labrum tear would be expected rather than surprising.

FarWestChicago
07-26-2001, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
This really isn't all that ridiculous of a theory. Remember when he left the Cubs game after 3 innings and missed a start due to shoulder problems? Well at that time he had a 4.70 ERA and had 5 quality starts out of 11 starts. Since then he has an ERA of 6.68 and two quality starts in 7 starts. I doubt this is a coincidence, and they said on FSC that his velocity is down. Sounds like an injured pitcher.

LOL!! Kermit the huge Biddle supporter who said he had "mad skills" is looking for an out. Maybe he just isn't as good as you thought. Or, he could be hurt.

Bmr31
07-26-2001, 01:34 AM
LOL! Kermie why cant you just admit you know very little, if anything, about evaluating baseball players. You're Mr. stat man right? Need i remind you that this guy is 2-7, with a 5.47 era? He doesnt have ANY "nasty" pitches. The reason he is struggling is because he has average stuff and he cant locate it at all. Major league hitters feast on that crap. Injured? i cant comment on that, but i can comment on his abilty. HE SUCKS!

doublem23
07-26-2001, 01:37 AM
A healthy Biddle is nothing spectacular. He may be hurt, but I doubt that when Rocky Biddle is 100%, he's anything decent anways.

Mathew
07-26-2001, 04:02 AM
The only thing hurting on Biddle is his lack of talent. Perhaps his ego too. He might want to try pitching with his other arm, then he could heal his arm and still lose the game before it starts!

kermittheefrog
07-26-2001, 04:49 AM
LOL! Kermie why cant you just admit you know very little, if anything, about evaluating baseball players. You're Mr. stat man right? Need i remind you that this guy is 2-7, with a 5.47 era? He doesnt have ANY "nasty" pitches. The reason he is struggling is because he has average stuff and he cant locate it at all. Major league hitters feast on that crap. Injured? i cant comment on that, but i can comment on his abilty. HE SUCKS!

*sarcasm*Nevermind he was doing just fine until he left the Flubs game early with an injury. Nevermind that BMR doesn't see the Sox half as much as I do and almost NEVER gets to see the Sox live which I do on a regular basis. Obviously you know more about Biddle, know more about his stuff and know that he can't pitch because living 1000+ miles away each it's easy to know a ton about the Sox. In fact I'd say that living that far away would give you a better vantage point than I have. You must know the Sox inside out. Nevermind that I've seen Biddle pitch, in person, at least 3 times this year. BMR, you obviously know more. So I should listen to you because you're more educated and have better access to knowledge than I do. Biddle obviously sucks because you think so and your opinions are fact. */sarcasm*

BMR, you are one of the most ignorant, stubborn and clueless baseball fans I've ever encountered. This will be the last time I respond to one of your idiotic jabs because I know that I know more about baseball that you do and I don't need to respond to the horse**** that you spout. If you ever get a clue drop me an email.

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 07:47 AM
Far West had this bit of news
LOL!! Kermit the huge Biddle supporter who said he had "mad skills" is looking for an out. Maybe he just isn't as good as you thought. Or, he could be hurt.

For someone who claims to be old you have a pretty good memory West!

:payrod
I remember cashing a huge check last week.

delben91
07-26-2001, 10:18 AM
When I was watching the game last night on ESPN, I remember Orel saying that Biddle was either effectively wild or ineffectively wild. Does anyone out there think that Rocky's situation could be similar to Kip's last year? Kip had major control issues, but was allowed to pitch through them, albeit in AAA and then was given a bullpen role until he got settled. This is Rocky's first full season in the big and maybe he just needs time to adjust, a la the terminator.

DC Sox Fan
07-26-2001, 10:22 AM
Don't forget those mutton shops on his face. Those are definetely hurting too!

doublem23
07-26-2001, 11:11 AM
I just think that we're all missing the major point, which is: ROCKY BIDDLE IS NOT A SOLID MAJOR LEAGUE PIITCHER. He only throws 2 good pitches, and for a starter, that won't cut it.

FarWestChicago
07-26-2001, 12:09 PM

BMR, you are one of the most ignorant, stubborn and clueless baseball fans I've ever encountered.

I guess you haven't looked in the mirror for a while then, Kermit.

CerberusWG
07-26-2001, 12:15 PM
Uggg why did bmr have to show up, just when you think he's gone..poof! there is is....=\

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 12:20 PM
I guess you haven't looked in the mirror for a while then, Kermit.

My thoughts exactly Far West.

Bmr31
07-26-2001, 12:37 PM
Kermie, you know almost NOTHING about baseball. All you know is stats. Being at a baseball game, is the very worst forum to judge talent. In addition, i have the baseball package and i get to see 8-10 games every night i choose. The sox are included in that package. I dominate my fantasy leagues, because im a good judge of baseball talent. Biddle is terrible and has always been terrible. You had your chance to show me your knowledge when i asked you to join one of my fantasy leagues and you pussed out. So take your lame ass stat book, and lame ass attitude, and stuff it.

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 12:43 PM
Kermie, you know almost NOTHING about baseball. All you know is stats. Being at a baseball game, is the very worst forum to judge talent. In addition, i have the baseball package and i get to see 8-10 games every night i choose. The sox are included in that package. I dominate my fantasy leagues, because im a good judge of baseball talent. Biddle is terrible and has always been terrible. You had your chance to show me your knowledge when i asked you to join one of my fantasy leagues and you pussed out. So take your lame ass stat book, and lame ass attitude, and stuff it.

BRAVO BMR!

KempersRS
07-26-2001, 01:51 PM
Hey, I'm ranked 800 out of 360,000 teams in my fantasy league. When fantasy is up, Sox are down.

Joel Perez
07-26-2001, 02:12 PM
Just because you live 1000 miles away doesn't mean you cannot see any or some of the Sox games....I happen to catch them 3-4 nights a week thanks to satellite and the Net.

As in regards to Mr. Biddle--
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone in the media or the PR of the Sox say that Mr. Biddle "has the nastiest stuff on the pitching staff today"? I cannot remember who said that, but I remember the statement.

Anyhoo...if that's the case, then Rocky better start using it. His fastball can be at 92-94 MPH, and his curve is better than most.

How about this case: Has the rookie hit a wall??? Usually in the dog days of summer, some just wilter toward the end of the year. Remember too, that Rocky is two years removed from major arm surgery, so he's still recuperating.

IMO--Rocky is a major league pitcher. Give him a chance. Maybe, he needed a full year in the pen to get his arm strength back, or maybe his arm is hurting. We don't know, but at least Rocky Biddle is no Antonio Osuna!

By the way--didn't Greg Maddux suck in his first couple of years? And I'm not saying that Rocky Biddle will become a Greg Maddux clone either!!! Just give him a chance....GEEZ, it's just his first year everyone!

doublem23
07-26-2001, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately for Rocky Biddle, he's being pressed by other young guys that are performing around him, namely Buehrle, Wells, and Garland. I agree by saying that maybe we (myself included) are a little hard on him, but right now he's not performing, and he needs to be or else his job is at stake.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2001, 02:31 PM
Actually, I think it was only Bmr who suggested releasing Biddle. The rest of us think he ought to go to the bullpen or back to the high minors for seasoning. It worked for Garland and Kip.

The Sox need to decide which young pitchers are the future of their staff. If we assume Kip, Garland, and Buehrle have made it, that only leaves two more spots for Parque, Ginter, and all the guys in the minors like Rauch, Fogg, etc.

Sooner or later, the Sox have to start dealing some of these guys. There simply isn't enough room in our bullpen or rotation to accommodate them. Besides, we have other pressing needs, too. (CF, lead-off man, C, etc).

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 02:38 PM
The "Webmaster" said:
Besides, we have other pressing needs, too. (CF, lead-off man, C, etc).

I like Jose at lead off and Durham at number two next year with Frank back in the fold. Or maybe just maybe Rowand in the 2 hole as the starting CF.

:versatile
Now why would we need that when you have this?

doublem23
07-26-2001, 02:41 PM
CF isnot PRESSING (Borchard), but I do agree with PHG when he says that it is about time for some of these guys to go.

i ate canada
07-26-2001, 02:49 PM
Biddle just can't control his fastball. Which means he's always behind in the count. We've seen what he can do when he has control of it, nothing special. Sure he has great stuff, but he could just end up being another Matt Clement.

KVinc
07-26-2001, 04:28 PM
rocky does have a nasty pitch kind of, he has a fastball that has alot of movement.

:versatile

longshot7
07-26-2001, 06:27 PM
Umm, doublem...I think Randy Johnson only has two pitches - the fastball and the slider. It's not what you throw, it's where you throw it and when that's important. It's all location.

But I agree - give Rocky a break and send him down.

Bmr31
07-27-2001, 01:27 AM
To those of you who think Biddle has "great stuff", are you watching the same games im watching? Rocky Biddle will never amount to anything in the major leagues. Watch and learn.

doublem23
07-27-2001, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by longshot7
Umm, doublem...I think Randy Johnson only has two pitches - the fastball and the slider. It's not what you throw, it's where you throw it and when that's important. It's all location.
But I agree - give Rocky a break and send him down.

Did I say something about Rocky only having 2 pitches??? That's what a complete loss of short-term memory does to you.
:)

But please don't compare Rocky Biddle to Randy Johnson.

ode to veeck
07-27-2001, 01:54 AM
:rocked

Yeah, send me back to the pen for now ...

... and give Garland a starting role

:bmr31

I sure know how to set Kermie off! That was fun!

kermittheefrog
07-27-2001, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

I siad I didn't want to join because I don't like fantasy much and you were using a pay league. I'll do free yahoo and sandbox leagues but I'm not going to pay for a team that I'll look at about once a week and not really worry about if they do well or not. Are you saying he was terrible before he was out with shoulder problems? You're saying a 4.70 ERA is terrible? A 4.70 ERA isn't good but it's not terrible. It was only after he had shoulder problems that his ERA has gone up. I don't think people even read my posts here. How does it not make sense that a guy who goes for months with a 4.70 ERA, leaves with an injury, misses a start and then has a 6+ ERA after that isn't injured.

I don't post here very often anymore because of how incompetent this board has become. It's all about posting HTML tags and making jokes rather than talking about baseball. I make an intelligent post about Biddle and the responses are "Biddle sucks, you don't know anything about baseball." Forget using logic or anything like that, I just don't know anything about baseball. Some of the best posters on this board, DagoBeef, Konerko, Randar and IAC have left or rarely post now. I don't know if like me they've realized most of the board wants to talk drivel or if they are gone for other reasons. I didn't always agree with those guys but at least they were competent enough to say more than "You don't know anything." If there is anyone left on this board who wants to talk about the Sox intelligently I suggest you join the Sox email list because 90% of this board has become guys like Sellhigh and BMR throwing insults and goofing around with pictures.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2001, 08:07 AM
I don't post here very often anymore because of how incompetent this board has become. It's all about posting HTML tags and making jokes rather than talking about baseball. I make an intelligent post about Biddle and the responses are "Biddle sucks, you don't know anything about baseball." Forget using logic or anything like that, I just don't know anything about baseball. Some of the best posters on this board, DagoBeef, Konerko, Randar and IAC have left or rarely post now. I don't know if like me they've realized most of the board wants to talk drivel or if they are gone for other reasons. I didn't always agree with those guys but at least they were competent enough to say more than "You don't know anything." If there is anyone left on this board who wants to talk about the Sox intelligently I suggest you join the Sox email list because 90% of this board has become guys like Sellhigh and BMR throwing insults and goofing around with pictures.

Kermit on this board we talk baseball not sure if you saw all the posts about the Baldwin trade and rumors and things like that. Sure it's not 100% baseball talk all the time but it's not on the email list either. Don't group everyone into one basket when you say that when you post something "intelligent" EVERYONE rips you. Sure BMR does and I might from time to time but that's not a fair thing to say. Some people get busy with things like work or going on trips or whatever and don't post. If I recall didn't you just get back from a 2 or 3 week trip yourself? Would it have been right for us to assume that you got tired of things and left? And the Sox email list is fun and has some smart people on it but you get bashed on there to to be fair not as much as you do here. I goof around with photo's and BMR throws around insults. If you don't like the way things are around here then you don't have to post here. If you want to post go ahead and post I can care less.

FarWestChicago
07-27-2001, 12:10 PM

I don't post here very often anymore because of how incompetent this board has become.

Give it a rest Kermit. This board is quite competent. Take your delusions of grandeur elsewhere if you don't like the fact we don't humor you. They are just playing with you on the email list. You are not respected any more there than you are here.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2001, 12:18 PM
Take your delusions of grandeur elsewhere

Is that "adult talk" for don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.:)

No-Neck
07-27-2001, 12:30 PM
It may just be a "dead arm" which would explain his loss of velocity.

This is his first full year in the majors, and pitchers only go 120 innings in the minors. So this is the longest he had to ever go.

It is very common for a first year starter to have a dead arm. Let's hope this is all that it is, not a major arm injury.

After the Boston start last weekend, this was my first impression.

It would not surprise me if Buerhle and Kip Wells experience this also later this year. You can tell by the loss of velocity, even though the pitcher will tell everyone he feels okay.

GoGoSox !