PDA

View Full Version : Good Pierzynski article at WhiteSox.com

Jabroni
02-18-2005, 09:11 PM
"Notes: Pierzynski starting fresh
Catcher brushes off comments from the past"
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050218&content_id=945927&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Lots of good quotes from A.J.

nccwsfan
02-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm sold on A.J.- just my opinion, but I believe he'll be a White Sox fan favorite in 2005...gritty ballplayer who's good at bat and behind the plate.

MRKARNO
02-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I used to blow guys away, but a little bit of age has slowed me down," added Hermanson, who still throws in the mid-90s, along with a sinker, slider, change and split-finger. "I throw just about everything at everybody. I go right at everyone and I'm not scared of anyone. I think that's what you are going to like about me."

Hermanson is able to throw 5 different pitches and in the mid-90s? That's going to be very advantagous for him in the relief role. I see him having an excellent year and justifying his contract in 2005. He'll do fine if we need a few spot starts here and there as well. I see him (and I think Kenny does too) as the righty set-up man to Shingo with Damaso as the lefty. He could go 7th or 8th depending on the situation.

Manager Ozzie Guillen is leaning toward Jose Contreras as his third starter and Orlando 'El Duque' Hernandez as his fourth. Contreras pitches better at U.S. Cellular, according to Guillen, and the fourth starter will pitch more games on the road, lending itself better to Hernandez's make-up.

Contreras was 1-1 with a 4.13 ERA at the Cell in 32.2 innings. This is probably a smart move if that's true.

santo=dorf
02-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Contreras was 1-1 with a 4.13 ERA at the Cell in 32.2 innings. This is probably a smart move if that's true.

Take a look at how well he pitched against the Injuns last season. It's also not at bad idea to start Orlando "Big Game" Hernandez for the fourth game of the season because it will be against the Twins. :cool:

PAPChiSox729
02-18-2005, 10:45 PM
I will really enjoy watching AJ this year. I hated him when he was with Minny. I can't wait for the regular season!!