PDA

View Full Version : Good outfielder available -- Matt Diaz

Jabroni
02-18-2005, 09:47 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?leaguenum=&sport=MLB&id=7184Latest News Feb. 18, 2005 - 7:46 pm et

Devil Rays released outfielder Matt Diaz.
Not one team could find room on its 40-man roster for Diaz? If he gets the chance, he'll help some team as a reserve outfielder and pinch-hitter. If the alternative is what remains of Orlando Palmeiro, the Astros should sign him to play right field until Lance Berkman returns.Matt Diaz's minor league totals:
http://www.sports-wired.com/profiles/DI/tbc5131.asp

Here's what Diaz did last year for the Durham Bulls:

503 AB
47 Doubles
.332 AVG
.377 OBP
.571 SLG
.948 OPS
21 HR
93 RBI
15 SB

:o:

Diaz owns a career .309 AVG and .475 SLG hitter in the minors. He could be a good Escobar type acquisition but unfortunately, I doubt we have any room on our 40-man roster for him.

nccwsfan
02-18-2005, 10:46 PM
FWIW- The DBAP (Durham Bulls Athletic Park) is a bandbox, and a lot of those 2B's were off of the 'Blue Monster' in LF and the HR's were long outs in most major league parks. It's the premier hitters park in the International League.

Diaz pretty good but I like our prospects better....

Jabroni
02-18-2005, 10:49 PM
FWIW- The DBAP (Durham Bulls Athletic Park) is a bandbox, and a lot of those 2B's were off of the 'Blue Monster' in LF and the HR's were long outs in most major league parks. It's the premier hitters park in the International League.

Diaz pretty good but I like our prospects better....Oh, okay. I didn't know that he played in a tiny park. I agree that Anderson and Sweeney are better prospects anyways. Diaz isn't really a "prospect" anymore at 27 years old.

nccwsfan
02-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Not trying to be a wiseguy, just had to throw it out there. Bulls games are fun but it's almost ridiculous to watch some of those HR's fly out. IMO I would guess that Bulls' numbers are slightly inflated.

:)

PAPChiSox729
02-18-2005, 11:20 PM
I'll pass. If he was a utility player, then I'd be interested.