PDA

View Full Version : I need help looking for a jersey

EMel9281
02-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey all!

Does anyone know where I could possibly find a White Sox jersey from the 1988-1989 season? It was the white shirt with "White Sox" written in blue script across the chest (in case anyone did not know that already). Yeah, the teams from that era were not much to remember, but that's around the time I developed the disease that I have now...

White Sox fever!

Is it April 4th yet?

Max Power
02-18-2005, 05:36 PM
I also developed the fever during that time frame. I've seen a couple on ebay, but jerseys from that era are relatively rare. I was in Grandstand awhile back to buy the hat from that era and they said they were getting the jersey soon. I would check there.

Ol' No. 2
02-18-2005, 05:39 PM
I also developed the fever during that time frame. I've seen a couple on ebay, but jerseys from that era are relatively rare. I was in Grandstand awhile back to buy the hat from that era and they said they were getting the jersey soon. I would check there.The Grandstand is always a great place to start. If they don't have it, they'll know where to get it and order it for you. If they can't get it, they don't make it. Check their website:

www.grandstandsox.com (http://www.grandstandsox.com)

I_Liked_Manuel
02-18-2005, 05:51 PM
i know for a fact that grandstand has those

DiGiSyKo
02-18-2005, 06:52 PM
linky... https://secure.chicagoproducers.net/grandstandsox_com/store/view_product.php?product=WHIHMY7X3

you'll have to call of course

Mots09
02-18-2005, 09:09 PM
I got a gameworn 89 set 1 Karkovice home jersey. I would be willing to part w/ it at the right price :)

nccwsfan
02-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey all!

Does anyone know where I could possibly find a White Sox jersey from the 1988-1989 season? It was the white shirt with "White Sox" written in blue script across the chest (in case anyone did not know that already). Yeah, the teams from that era were not much to remember, but that's around the time I developed the disease that I have now...

White Sox fever!

Is it April 4th yet?

http://www.grandstandsox.com/

If you find out what they're asking for price-wise let us know. I'm interested in getting one of those myself (that or the 76-81 home uni).

kruzer31
02-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Hey all!

White Sox fever!

Is it April 4th yet?

Right now on ebay they currently have the style jersey you are looking for, the home white jersey on ebay. I saw a Frank Thomas rookie jersey, a Fisk, a Sosa and a Harlod Baines. Ebay is the best place to find these jerseys.

Jeff

GoGoOzzie
02-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Similarly (almost :smile: ) does anyone know where I can find a 1988 Ozzie Guillen shirt that they used to sell around the stadium for $13? It was all black and had a picture of Ozzie on it, and it was my favorite shirt growing up...I think my parents tossed it one night along with my Mr. Potato Head :whiner: (I have, of course, never forgiven them) If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated. I would be willing to buy it off someone.

I saw it on e-bay once but was out bid at the last second. :angry:

Thanks,

Amy

Brian26
02-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Right now on ebay they currently have the style jersey you are looking for, the home white jersey on ebay. I saw a Frank Thomas rookie jersey, a Fisk, a Sosa and a Harlod Baines. Ebay is the best place to find these jerseys.

Be careful though...some of those jerseys are complete ripoffs and anything but authentic. Watch for the tags.

kruzer31
02-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Be careful though...some of those jerseys are complete ripoffs and anything but authentic. Watch for the tags.

I hear ya on the rip offs of the authentics on ebay. Although, if you are looking for the 87 to the 90 stlye jersey you arent gonna find a more real looking one then the ones on ebay right now with Thomas, Sosa, Fisk, and Baines. The front of the jersey is exactly the same and the number is identical. I dont believe they had the names on the back of those jerseys. There are rip offs of the M and N Dick Allen 72 jerseys from time to time on ebay for pretty cheap and u can tell when they are fake cuz Allens name is on the back, the real ones didnt have the name. That jersey is sweet.

jef

I want Mags back
02-19-2005, 09:59 PM
I hear ya on the rip offs of the authentics on ebay. Although, if you are looking for the 87 to the 90 stlye jersey you arent gonna find a more real looking one then the ones on ebay right now with Thomas, Sosa, Fisk, and Baines. The front of the jersey is exactly the same and the number is identical. I dont believe they had the names on the back of those jerseys. There are rip offs of the M and N Dick Allen 72 jerseys from time to time on ebay for pretty cheap and u can tell when they are fake cuz Allens name is on the back, the real ones didnt have the name. That jersey is sweet.

jef

yeah. When I bought my '85 gray on Ebay, I made sure it was a Majestic and not a Mitchell & Ness or whatever that crap is.