PDA

View Full Version : Good Site for Obscure Statistics

BRDSR
02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
I read a post in Whats the Score about how Kerry Wood's and Danny Wright's career high in wins is the same at 14. Then I told it to my Cub's fan friend and he asked the surprisingly astute question "What was their respective runs support in those seasons?" and I said "I have no idea." So we spent 10 minutes trying to look it up but were unsuccessful. Tried mlb.com, baseballprospectus.com, and stats.com(needed to pay for that one). Where can we look up more obscure stats like that? Thanks for the help.

Ol' No. 2
02-18-2005, 04:19 PM
I read a post in Whats the Score about how Kerry Wood's and Danny Wright's career high in wins is the same at 14. Then I told it to my Cub's fan friend and he asked the surprisingly astute question "What was their respective runs support in those seasons?" and I said "I have no idea." So we spent 10 minutes trying to look it up but were unsuccessful. Tried mlb.com, baseballprospectus.com, and stats.com(needed to pay for that one). Where can we look up more obscure stats like that? Thanks for the help.ESPN.com has them. Look under MLB/stats

santo=dorf
02-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Kerry's RS in 2003: 4.61
Danny's RS in 2002: 5.82
I don't put much stock in the RS category because I remember Buehrle was not getting credit for some of his wins because the Sox offense was on a tear. Buehrle was the winning pitcher in the 15-0 game against Baltimore, and the winning pitcher in the 11-0 game against the Twins. He may have received alot of support, but he still didn't give up any runs.

Ol' No. 2
02-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't put much stock in the RS category because I remember Buehrle was not getting credit for some of his wins because the Sox offense was on a tear. Buehrle was the winning pitcher in the 15-0 game against Baltimore, and the winning pitcher in the 11-0 game against the Twins. He may have received alot of support, but he still didn't give up any runs.If you're dealing with Cubs fans, you're wasting your time with this argument. I had the exact same discussion with one on the subject of Buehrle's run support and pointed this out to him. It was like throwing peanuts at a brick wall. No effect. :nuts: