PDA

View Full Version : Mesa vs. Tucson

Viva Medias B's
02-18-2005, 02:50 PM
I have never been to Mesa itself; I've been to Tucson six times (and the seventh time two weeks hence). For those of you who have been to both Mesa and Tucson, how would you compare the two areas?

I have been in Phoenix and Scottsdale, but my impression of Maricopa County is not high. Just getting in and out of Sky Harbor Airport is a pain in the arse. Pima County is my kind of place in Arizona.

soxwon
02-18-2005, 10:50 PM
phoenix-mesa has a nightlife

tucson doesnt have much, most people fly into sky harbour then drive to tucson.

JUribe1989
02-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Parts of Mesa are really trashy. We have a house in Scottsdale, that's the best place to be in Arizona. There's not too much to do in Tucson.

MUsoxfan
02-19-2005, 02:49 AM
We have a house in Scottsdale, that's the best place to be in Arizona.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/pg2/2001/0829/photo/knight_i.jpg

"I agree JUribe1989. Let's keep all of the scumbags out of Scottsdale. And I NEVER SLICE!"

bigfoot
02-19-2005, 07:41 AM
Is this move from Mesa to Tucson driven by a need for better facilities, or by the need for media attention in the Spring? Media that would be more likely to be centered in the Phoenix area than Tucson. I have been left with the impression that the Mesa facilities, unless new ones are to be built, are older and smaller. If this is the case, in essence, would this move be a result of the ST facilities to be located nearer the media, rather than the media going to where the story is located?

Ah, the modern media, ".....if you want us to report it, bring it to us."

TDog
02-19-2005, 04:27 PM
The Kurt Russell movie "Used Cars" was filmed in Mesa. I think the warring lots were opposite each other on East Main.

Parts of Mesa look trashy, but it just all blends into the rest of the urban sprawl that is metropolitan Phoenix. It's a bigger area than Tucson, so there are more places to get drunk.

SpammySosa
02-19-2005, 05:12 PM
For those of you who have been to both Mesa and Tucson, how would you compare the two areas?

Chicago's major league team plays in Tucson,and their minor league team in Mesa. That's all you need to know.:D:

SpammySosa
02-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Parts of Mesa look trashy

He must mean the Cubs during Spring Training. I know the Cubs are an easy target,but I couldn't resist. :redneck