PDA

View Full Version : A.J. Pierzynski?

MERPER
02-17-2005, 07:15 PM
I've seen plenty of reports on the first 2 days of camp with pitchers and catchers having reported... I would think a big story would be on how A.J. started with his new team and the pitching staff. Has anyone heard anything? Is he starting his Sox career by being late to camp?

NSSoxFan
02-17-2005, 07:24 PM
I've seen plenty of reports on the first 2 days of camp with pitchers and catchers having reported... I would think a big story would be on how A.J. started with his new team and the pitching staff. Has anyone heard anything? Is he starting his Sox career by being late to camp?

All pitchers and catchers reported on time.

ja1022
02-17-2005, 07:32 PM

If he were late, he'd have been crucified by the media. After all, they are all looking for that head case, pain in the ass angle to take on the guy.

OEO Magglio
02-17-2005, 07:41 PM
If he were late, he'd have been crucified by the media. After all, they are all looking for that head case, pain in the ass angle to take on the guy.
No doubt about that.

DrCrawdad
02-17-2005, 07:45 PM
On Murphy's program this evening I heard that Henry Blanco is doing a great job.

Um, after what day one Cubbie media morons are ready to proclaim that Blanco is doing a great job? These same goofs probably were saying at this point last year about what a great guy Kent Mercker was and further proof of Hendry's genius.

MRKARNO
02-17-2005, 07:50 PM
All pitchers and catchers have reported to my knowledge and Rowand is the only position player (non-catcher) to report.

CWSGuy406
02-17-2005, 07:52 PM
All pitchers and catchers have reported to my knowledge and Rowand is the only position player (non-catcher) to report.

Dye and Podsednik arrived today (shown on Comcast), and I tend to believe we'll see more filing in before the set date next Monday...

EDIT: Wanted to say, Karno, that I'm really enjoying your stuff on the blog. Keep up the good work! :smile:

Ol' No. 2
02-17-2005, 07:53 PM
If he were late, he'd have been crucified by the media. After all, they are all looking for that head case, pain in the ass angle to take on the guy.That's for sure. No news is good news. If the vultures haven't found anything to carp about he must really be minding his p's and q's.

DaveIsHere
02-17-2005, 07:54 PM
On Murphy's program this evening I heard that Henry Blanco is doing a great job.

Um, after what day one Cubbie media morons are ready to proclaim that Blanco is doing a great job? These same goofs probably were saying at this point last year about what a great guy Kent Mercker was and further proof of Hendry's genius.

Yeah the Score had their "Baseball Expert" Steve Stoned on and all they talked about was the Flubs, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..................

:chunks

OEO Magglio
02-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Dye and Podsednik arrived today (shown on Comcast), and I tend to believe we'll see more filing in before the set date next Monday...

EDIT: Wanted to say, Karno, that I'm really enjoying your stuff on the blog. Keep up the good work! :smile:
Carl, Crede, and Rogo are also there.

The Racehorse
02-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Who's Rogo?

santo=dorf
02-17-2005, 08:02 PM
The "yet another Molina brother" catcher is having Visa problems and is not there yet.

Fredsox
02-17-2005, 08:02 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050216&content_id=943822&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp

"Tadahito Iguchi, right fielder Jermaine Dye and left fielder Scott Podsednik won't be in camp until Monday, but new faces showed up Wednesday in the form of catcher A.J. Pierzynski and pitchers Orlando 'El Duque' Hernandez and Dustin Hermanson."

MRKARNO
02-17-2005, 08:03 PM

So all of our outfielders have arrived on time? Excellent news. Credebetter be there early because he needs all the work he can get. Rogo I can't say that I care a ton about at this point, but a full accounting of everyone who's there is welcome.

CWS: Thanks for the compliment! I will try my best to keep the content fresh and exciting.

Jabroni
02-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Who's Rogo?Casey Rogowski (http://www.sports-wired.com/profiles/RO/tbc119.asp), a Sox 1B prospect.

MRKARNO
02-17-2005, 08:10 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050216&content_id=943822&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp

"Tadahito Iguchi, right fielder Jermaine Dye and left fielder Scott Podsednik won't be in camp until Monday, but new faces showed up Wednesday in the form of catcher A.J. Pierzynski and pitchers Orlando 'El Duque' Hernandez and Dustin Hermanson."

Now appearing: Carl Everett, Jermaine Dye, Scott Podsednik and Joe Crede joined Aaron Rowand and minor leaguer Casey Rogowski as early position player arrivals to Spring Training.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050217&content_id=945324&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp