PDA

View Full Version : Question on bringing Infant to the park

Foulke29
02-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Well, I really want to buy tickets to the Beatles promotional game on August 20. My son will be 8 months old at that point. Will I have to buy a ticket from him?

Here's why I ask. I was thinking of acquiring tickets second-hand so that I am not in the upperdeck. If myself, my infant son, my wife, my brother and his girlfriend go to the game, will I need four or five tickets?

Ol' No. 2
02-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, I really want to buy tickets to the Beatles promotional game on August 20. My son will be 8 months old at that point. Will I have to buy a ticket from him?

Here's why I ask. I was thinking of acquiring tickets second-hand so that I am not in the upperdeck. If myself, my infant son, my wife, my brother and his girlfriend go to the game, will I need four or five tickets?No. Any kid small enough to walk under the turnstyle gets in free. But, of course, they have to sit on someone's lap if there isn't a spare seat available.

Mickster
02-17-2005, 06:21 PM

Here's why I ask. I was thinking of acquiring tickets second-hand so that I am not in the upperdeck. If myself, my infant son, my wife, my brother and his girlfriend go to the game, will I need four or five tickets?

1. You will need 4 tix.

2. If you bring a stroller, need special arrangements, etc. go to the fan services window behind home plate and they can generally give you 4 seats in the last row of your section (usually on folding chairs) so that things will not get in the way.

SoxRox
02-17-2005, 06:29 PM
We brought our son last year at nine months and it was fine. You don't need to buy an extra ticket for babies. The Sox will let you bring a diaper bag for your stuff too. A collapsible "umbrella" stroller is a must! You can slide it under your seats to keep it out of the way.

It also a good idea to get one seat on the aisle. That way you have a little extra elbow room in case the little one gets squirmy.

We bought a nine game plan this year and requested our seats on the aisle. Our son is going to be 18 months when we bring him back to the park. He is running around now so it might be a lot harder to keep him amused this time around. We'll see.

DumpJerry
02-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Email your request to Brooks. He can give you the lowdown and also recommend some good schools you should look at for Junior.

mandmandm
02-17-2005, 11:52 PM
I have 4 bleacher seats that can definitely sit more than mom, dad, and three kids (3-6). Security gave us crap about our three year old (youngest at the time) for being taller than the turnstile therefore needing a ticket. Next game we went to we had the three year old in a umbrella stroller so they could not tell what his height was. Got no harashment from security and they even let us in around at the gate so we did not have to wait in a long line.

elrod
02-18-2005, 12:32 AM
My son was a few inches under the turnstile last year but is more than 36 inches now. I cared him on my shoulders then and they didn't bother to check how tall he was. And that was at the sold-out Monday night Minnesota Twins disaster (remember Torii Hunter and Jamie Burke?) Fortunately we sat at the very top of the Upper Deck and my son could look through the fence at all the freight trains.

Earlier in the year I took him to the Phillie fireworks show (8-6 after the second inning). He absolutely loved the center field patio area because of the massive scoreboard right behind us. He was also fixated on some morbidly overweight mutant puffing on a cigarette in front of us...

jabrch
02-18-2005, 12:51 AM
He was also fixated on some morbidly overweight mutant puffing on a cigarette in front of us...

Sorry about that.... j/k

Jabroni
02-18-2005, 12:53 AM
He was also fixated on some morbidly overweight mutant puffing on a cigarette in front of us...Sorry about that.... j/k:)

StillMissOzzie
02-18-2005, 01:07 AM
The only problem I've ever had with bringing my kids to the game when they were little was when the fireworks went off. The big BOOMS frightened them when they were 1-2 years old. Now, they're big enough to want 'em, especially since they know what happened to bring 'em on.

SMO
:gulp:

npdempse
02-18-2005, 02:26 AM
We'll be bringing a three to nine month old to the park this year. I figure to Bjorn it up. I wouldn't want to screw around with a stroller in those cramped conditions. I've noticed that there's a "family" restroom by the gate nearest the RF foul pole. That's likely to be the best place for a changing. Let's go future Sox fans!

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-18-2005, 09:01 AM
My son is now nine, my daughter 12. I brought them every year to 2-3 Sox games since they were two. With my wife also being handicapped, the staff goes above and beyond for accomodations. I have to agree that the fireworks did spook them when they were younger but last year, when Thundersturck started and the fireworks went off, my kids LOVED IT. It's fun to see them love it so much. My wife, however, shakes her head in dismay..."This is your fault because you like AC/DC!".

Oh well.

JKryl
02-18-2005, 09:22 AM

I brought my kids in for years when they were short enough to fit under the turnstyles, and never had any kind of trouble. In fact, when they started getting a little taller, I just carried them in, and still got away with bringing them in without tickets for a couple of more years. I think they realize that these kids are their future clients, and you could just as well leave them at home, and not buy any of the pop, cotton candy, etc.