PDA

View Full Version : New renovation pics up

lths06
02-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Go to www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com) and click on the renovations link.
Then go to "view other galleries" and then click under Feb. 10. Myabe somebody can get a link up, for I am link impared.

GiveMeSox
02-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Go to www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com) and click on the renovations link.
Then go to "view other galleries" and then click under Feb. 10. Myabe somebody can get a link up, for I am link impared.

Thanks for the heads up.

Randar68
02-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Go to www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com/) and click on the renovations link.

How many reposts of the same thing is it gonna take? Mods, y amight as well pin it to the top of the page if it's gonna be the same link every 2 days with no real updated pictures...

santo=dorf
02-17-2005, 07:16 PM
How many reposts of the same thing is it gonna take? Mods, y amight as well pin it to the top of the page if it's gonna be the same link every 2 days with no real updated pictures...

I heard Kenny and Kelly Wunsch got in a big fight and KW punished him by keeping him in AAA all season long................

MRKARNO
02-17-2005, 07:17 PM
How many reposts of the same thing is it gonna take?

Eleventy Billion

oeo
02-17-2005, 08:27 PM
When were these posted? I know someone posted a few days ago but I don't remember these newer pictures being up.

Maybe you didn't change the date? Or maybe I missed something?

OEO Magglio
02-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Eleventy Billion
Karno, did you make that sig?? That's a pretty darn awesome sig.

MRKARNO
02-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Karno, did you make that sig?? That's a pretty darn awesome sig.

Nope, it was WinningUgly! who made it. He's the master of banners as he has made pretty much every banner that has been at WSI.

OEO Magglio
02-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Nope, it was WinningUgly! who made it. He's the master of banners as he has made pretty much every banner that has been at WSI.
Yup, just making sure, I kinda figured it was WU but didn't want to insult you sig making abilities. :cool:

lths06
02-17-2005, 09:11 PM
there ARE updated pictures (as of this mourning). Go to www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com). Click on renovations. Then when that window pops up click on the "view other galleries" link. Then click on "February 10th renovations". Its really not that hard people...

JKryl
02-17-2005, 09:20 PM
there ARE updated pictures (as of this mourning). Go to www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com/). Click on renovations. Then when that window pops up click on the "view other galleries" link. Then click on "February 10th renovations". Its really not that hard people...

If the print on "Renovations" were any smaller, I'd need a magnifying glass. We all arn't 22 anymore you know. :D:

itsnotrequired
02-17-2005, 09:22 PM
there ARE updated pictures (as of this mourning). Go to www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com/). Click on renovations. Then when that window pops up click on the "view other galleries" link. Then click on "February 10th renovations". Its really not that hard people...

You think they'd make the latest pics the first thing that pops up. I was wondering what was going on as well until I clicked on the "other galleries" link.

I can't wait to see how the whole thing turns out. I remember my first game about three years ago. The stadium sure has changed.

Chisox003
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Ill be there in a week (work)....Cant wait to see the progress :gulp:

lths06
02-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Ill be there in a week (work)....Cant wait to see the progress :gulp:

Could you perhaps sneak in a digital camera?:)

Chisox003
02-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Could you perhaps sneak in a digital camera?:)
Wish I had one....

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-19-2005, 07:25 AM
There's another gallery of renovation photos for February 18th. You can access them simply by going to the gallery and selecting Feb 18th on the slide down menu.

Cellview22
02-19-2005, 07:15 PM
I went by US Cellular today and took a few pictures of the Fundamentals construction just outside the stadium.

I asked one of the guys there when he thinks it will be finished, and he said it should be done by the Cubs/Sox series in June. I thought it was gonna be completed by opening day, but by the looks of it, there's no way.

Is this a surprise to anyone else, or is this old news?

NSSoxFan
02-19-2005, 07:26 PM
I went by US Cellular today and took a few pictures of the Fundamentals construction just outside the stadium.

I asked one of the guys there when he thinks it will be finished, and he said it should be done by the Cubs/Sox series in June. I thought it was gonna be completed by opening day, but by the looks of it, there's no way.

ummm, this is a surprise. I figure that the person you asked had no idea what they were talking about, because it is supposed to be done before opening day, and I don't see how they are going to go till June.

wsoxfan
02-19-2005, 07:29 PM
The only thing i've heard is that they should be done by opening day, the only thing that won't be completed is the green seats which will be put throughout the season. As far as the renovations go they look good, can't wait to go back to Chicago and catch a few games this summer...:bandance:

Cellview22
02-19-2005, 07:48 PM
ummm, this is a surprise. I figure that the person you asked had no idea what they were talking about, because it is supposed to be done before opening day, and I don't see how they are going to go till June.

He seemed like he knew what he was talking about. He came from inside, approached me and asked what I was taking pictures for, as if he didn't want me taking any. After I said it was just for friends, he said ok. Then when I asked when it would be completed, he didn't even hesitate; he answered right away, "should be done by Cubs/Sox series in June"... I assumed he meant the fundamentals area.

Here's a few pics I took today: http://www.pixagogo.com/2194885598
They're the best I could get...

NSSoxFan
02-19-2005, 07:53 PM
He seemed like he knew what he was talking about. He came from inside, approached me and asked what I was taking pictures for, as if he didn't want me taking any. After I said it was just for friends, he said ok. Then when I asked when it would be completed, he didn't even hesitate; he answered right away, "should be done by Cubs/Sox series in June"... I assumed he meant the fundamentals area.

Here's a few pics I took today: http://www.pixagogo.com/2194885598
They're the best I could get...

Good pics, man. I just don't see how the Fundamentals area won't be finished until late June. Maybe he meant that the sections that are getting green seats will be done by June? All phases of renovations(I-IV) were all completed before opening day, I just don't see why this would be any different. It only took them about a week to put the steel structure into place.

anewman35
02-19-2005, 07:54 PM

I'm not saying it WILL be done, I don't have any info or anything, but I know that EVERY year, people see the renovations in Feb and March and say there's no way they are done by opening day, and EVERY year, they are. They still have 6 weeks before opening day, that's a long time. I can't really forsee it taking 4 more months, it's just simply not that big of an area.

Cellview22
02-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I hope that's what he meant (green seats), but I kind of doubt it. Hopefully he just didn't know what he was talking about. When he first said it, I was majorly disappointed.

NSSoxFan
02-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I hope that's what he meant (green seats), but I kind of doubt it. Hopefully he just didn't know what he was talking about. When he first said it, I was majorly disappointed.

One more thing. The White Sox would never allow for a half finished structure in full view of everyone in the stadium. Especially if you think about how awful it will look on television...

chisoxmike
02-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Could you imagine the **** storm that would be brought up if the renovations wern't done by April 4th. Local and national media would revel in it. They're going to be done, they have to be done.

santo=dorf
02-19-2005, 08:53 PM
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/Baseball%20pics/untitled3.bmp
I actually like how the playpen is turning out. :smile:

itsnotrequired
02-20-2005, 10:35 AM
It only took them about a week to put the steel structure into place.

Structural steel can go up fast as hell. Its all the systems (electrical, plumbing, etc.) that take the most time. My bet is that they will get the steel up and finsh as much of the "exterior" as they can by Opening Day. "Interior" finishing can progress through those first couple months of the season and be done by June. This will allow the area to look good for the cameras (the most important thing) even though it isn't done.

On the other hand, the crews could be working double shifts, weekends, etc. and get the whole thing done in time. That gets to be expensive but you have to do what you have to do...

Brian26
02-20-2005, 10:41 AM
I have a feeling this "playpen" is actually going to turn out to be a thousand times cooler and more aesthetically pleasing than any of us ever predicted. Furthermore- I have a feeling we may see a "party deck" very similar to it go up in the same place in right field.

Brian26
02-20-2005, 10:42 AM
The thing I like about it is that it provides a visually pleasing vertical transition from the upper deck to the concourse.

hsnterprize
02-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I have a feeling this "playpen" is actually going to turn out to be a thousand times cooler and more aesthetically pleasing than any of us ever predicted. Furthermore- I have a feeling we may see a "party deck" very similar to it go up in the same place in right field.I was thinking somewhere along the lines Brooks Boyer was when he talked about FUNdamentals in comparison to SF's SBC Park. To paraphrase parts of an interivew he gave to MLB.com, he said when you look to the left field fence area at SBC, you see that massive baseball glove and Coke bottle. That's actually part of a childrens' play area beyond the left field fence. So, instead of having something like that in our place, why not something that helps accent the theme of baseball. After all...it's in a baseball stadium, isn't it?

Maybe FUNdamentals will help promote the image of going to a White Sox game...to go because you love baseball, and not because you need ivy, a brick wall, and tons of bars across the street to have a good time.

CHISOXFAN13
02-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Good pics, man. I just don't see how the Fundamentals area won't be finished until late June. Maybe he meant that the sections that are getting green seats will be done by June? All phases of renovations(I-IV) were all completed before opening day, I just don't see why this would be any different. It only took them about a week to put the steel structure into place.

They are still working on the steel,putting new beams up daily.

I think they'll finish, but there will be some long noights ahead, for sure.