PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful site

DC Sox Fan
02-17-2005, 03:55 PM
I know folks have been knocking on the Nats' unis. But here is a beautiful site for us DC area fans. BTW I dig the DC interlocking logo for these, their BP unis:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050217/capt.fllj11002172010.nationals_spring_training_fll j110.jpg

SomebodyToldMe
02-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Now THOSE kick ass.

:supernana:

mjharrison72
02-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I hope they adopt those as an alternate jersey... those rock, and they DON'T SAY NATIONALS.
I am really torn, living here, on whether it's cooler to say "Washington," "the District" or "D.C." "The District" was cool at first, but has lost appeal... I do like telling people when I'm in another city that "I have to fly back to Washington." But I think D.C. is slick... the soccer team here is probably more popular than it would have been because it incorporates the initials into the team name, and I have been the "DC Keggers" in fantasy baseball ever since I've lived here...
Not that I want them to refer to the team as the "DC Nationals," but I think the unis are slick and would love to get ahold of one of those hats.
-M

ND_Sox_Fan
02-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I think they look like a high school team with high school unis.

SOXintheBURGH
02-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Damn, those are awesome. They better get those on the playing field instead of just BP.

mjharrison72
02-17-2005, 04:31 PM
I think they look like a high school team with high school unis.
LOL... when you put it that way....

"Ladies and gentlemen, your 2005 Deer Creek High School Fighting Nationals!!!"

Baby Fisk
02-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Those look like the short lived and much maligned Sox 1987-1990 "curly C" hats. At least you can finally tell what the team's logo says/means.

Gremlin3
02-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Those unis are slick. Definitely would be nice for an alternate.

DC Sox Fan
02-17-2005, 04:51 PM
M- I'm with you on the whole "DC" thing. That's always how I've referred to it. And I've lived here my whole life. Having traveled around the whole country, you'd be surprised when you say "Washington" how many people say "Oh, I've been to Seattle"....

While I appreciate the sentimentality of the "pretzel W" that you'll see on the official hats, I too hope these become alternate unis.

I've seen these hats at local sports stores, BTW- (Sports Authority, Modell's, etc.)

The "interlock" logo will also be featured on a patch to be worn on the sleeve of game day unis.

mjharrison72
02-17-2005, 04:55 PM
The "interlock" logo will also be featured on a patch to be worn on the sleeve of game day unis.
That will look sharp... don't overdo the DC thing, but a sleeve patch will be cool, and then they can adopt the BP unis or a version thereof as an alternate uni.
I will check Modell's... but I am torn between the "W' hat and the "DC" hat... there's no way I'm getting both, and I have enough hats between my two '80s-style Sox hats and my black Sox hat. Probably the only time I would wear the Nats hat is at RFK... lol...

WhiteSoxFan84
02-17-2005, 05:10 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050217/capt.fllj11002172010.nationals_spring_training_fll j110.jpg
Third from left standing, tallest guy, is that....

:rauch ?

FightingBillini
02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
That will look sharp... don't overdo the DC thing, but a sleeve patch will be cool, and then they can adopt the BP unis or a version thereof as an alternate uni.

I like these jerseys a lot, but I think they should go with something different for the alternates. I would love if they had the pretzel W as part of "Washington" in script across the chest. It would look good in either red or navy, but probably better with red.

mjharrison72
02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Third from left standing, tallest guy, is that....

:rauch ?
Probably... it looks like they have Rauch slated into the oft-used "sixth starter" position on the depth chart.
And I think the guy in front of him might be Esteban?

DSpivack
02-17-2005, 05:22 PM
My sister has lived in DC for almost ten years, have always referred to it as DC. Although she's moving to Denver (?!?!) in a week or so.

Those uniforms aren't great, but they are an upgrade.

nccwsfan
02-17-2005, 05:36 PM
I like the alternates and love the hats (tradition to the Senators' days). It would be nice if the future owners bring some pinstripes to their jerseys- that would be pretty sharp in my eyes....going to RFK will be 10x easier than making that horrendous drive to Camden.

flo-B-flo
02-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I want an Expos hat.:(:

Hangar18
02-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I was going to mention that, why dont they do what both Cardinals teams did
back in the day, and just call the team the DC Nationals. Thats got a great ring to it, and the Hats look EXCELLENT with the interlocking DC. That
would make a great ALTERNATE jersey.

That "pretzel" W just DOESNT fit with the rest of the uniform. Definitely
a case of Bud Selig trying to fit a Square Peg into the Round Hole. The "W"
looks like the Varsity team handed down their hats to the JV team.

Considering they can go with the DC exclusively, I would do it, I didnt realize how Cool that hat looks, and how easy it is to just say ......."Padres at DC tonite to play the Nationals"

Then again, MLB didnt like my suggestion of putting a "$" sign on the Hats, and a roll of RED TAPE as a patch for the sleeves, heh heh.
I'll be here all week, please tip your waitresses

Brian26
02-17-2005, 10:55 PM
For all of the Marvel fans out there, I swear that DC looks so much like the Daredevil logo it's scary.

FightingBillini
02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
I like the alternates and love the hats (tradition to the Senators' days). It would be nice if the future owners bring some pinstripes to their jerseys- that would be pretty sharp in my eyes....going to RFK will be 10x easier than making that horrendous drive to Camden.

Those aren't the alternate jerseys pictured. Those are the batting practice jerseys and the batting practice hats. The game caps have the "pretzel" W on a red cap for home and navy cap for the road. The Nats will have alternate jerseys, but they are still designing them. I would imagine they wont have the DC on them. They will want to make the alternate jersey look different than the batting practice one so people have to buy both.

nccwsfan
02-18-2005, 06:26 AM
My mistake- should've known this. Oops...