PDA

View Full Version : New Sox Fan

twsoxfan5
02-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I have a friend at work who informed me today that he wants to become a Sox fan. He is originally from Ohio and needs a team to root for here, so he is choosing the Sox. There is another guy at work though that is trying to convince him to be a Cubs fan. I told him about our website and he is going to visit here later today. So if all of you could send him a welcome message on this thread we can assure that he comes to the right side of town. Thanks guys.

mweflen
02-17-2005, 01:46 PM
This is very funny. It's like he's converting to judiasm or something :smile:

Tell him:

- Sox Fans are more knowledgeable than Cubs fans by light years.
- Sox Fans have a much easier time getting tickets for games.
- Sox Fans get to watch the Indians 10 times a year or so.
- Sox Fans don't have to urinate outside the park on people's homes and businesses, they actually have functioning bathrooms on-site.
- Also, give him the link to the Friends and Family Discount sticky thread up top and have him buy some cheap April and May tix! Get him hooked!

And tell him :welcome:!

Ol' No. 2
02-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I have a friend at work who informed me today that he wants to become a Sox fan. He is originally from Ohio and needs a team to route for here, so he is choosing the Sox. There is another guy at work though that is trying to convince him to be a Cubs fan. I told him about our website and he is going to visit here later today. So if all of you could send him a welcome message on this thread we can assure that he comes to the right side of town. Thanks guys.Just show him Morrissey's article in yesterday's Tribune and ask him if he wants to be like that doofus. You might also ask him if he likes to eat baseballs rare or well-done.

SoxSpeed22
02-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I have a friend at work who informed me today that he wants to become a Sox fan. He is originally from Ohio and needs a team to route for here, so he is choosing the Sox. There is another guy at work though that is trying to convince him to be a Cubs fan. I told him about our website and he is going to visit here later today. So if all of you could send him a welcome message on this thread we can assure that he comes to the right side of town. Thanks guys.:welcome: Have you seen the way everyone that had to do with the Cubs acted last year. The fans treated their former hero like a pariah and they only started the demand for winning now 96 years later. We had this demand since 1918, but never turned on our stars. We don't want you to end up with the Cubs.:cheers:

mjharrison72
02-17-2005, 04:16 PM
It's one thing to cheer for an underdog... nobody wants to start rooting for the Yankees... but it's another thing to cheer for a loser. So many of the Cubs fans out there are lemmings who get on board because they think losing is cute...

Sox fans don't think losing is cute, and even though we sometimes come down hard on players or managers (or owners) past and present, it's not because we're whining... it's because we want to win! You jump on board with the Sox (at this point in your life) because the Cubs are always overrated, while the Sox are always underrated. So welcome... I have a feeling it's going to be a great year to be a Sox fan!
:welcome:

guillen4life13
02-17-2005, 05:17 PM
:welcome: Have you seen the way everyone that had to do with the Cubs acted last year. The fans treated their former hero like a pariah and they only started the demand for winning now 96 years later. We had this demand since 1918, but never turned on our stars. We don't want you to end up with the Cubs.:cheers:

:hurt
Never turned on our stars? Laughable, man! Over the last few years there have been many threads bashing the man I just posted a picture of.

idseer
02-17-2005, 05:29 PM
maybe i'm nuts ... but that's not how you become a fan.

na_na_na_na
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
I did this with the Brewers last year. I just decided I wanted to like a national league team. Wanted one that would be close and played the cubs. I know there a miserable franchise but it work out good for me and gave me another teams news to look for.

You should become a sox fan. We're more interesting and have better tailgates.

jabrch
02-17-2005, 05:57 PM
He is originally from Ohio

Wait a sec...Doesn't Ohio have two baseball teams? When I moved to Arizona, I didn't look for a new team to root for. Seems strange to me...

DumpJerry
02-17-2005, 06:41 PM
- Sox Fans get to watch the Indians 10 times a year or so.
What if he's from Cincy? Of course that means he will easily root against the Tribe.

The choice is easy, I.Q. over 100=Sox fan. I.Q. under 100=Cub fan. That is what it boils down to.

Also, Comiskey=the best food in all of MLB! At Wrigley, they eat dusty old balls.

guillen4life13
02-17-2005, 07:57 PM
they eat dusty old balls.

That can be punned in at least three ways. :D:

The Racehorse
02-17-2005, 08:54 PM
I have a friend at work who informed me today that he wants to become a Sox fan. He is originally from Ohio and needs a team to root for here, so he is choosing the Sox. There is another guy at work though that is trying to convince him to be a Cubs fan.

Not to worry. Tell your friend about Lee Elia (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/elia.htm). :cool:

DumpJerry
02-18-2005, 01:46 PM
That can be punned in at least three ways. :D:
I know I took this to the edge of the Roadhouse, but it is pretty funny.

Church Turtle
02-18-2005, 02:28 PM
USCF. It's a great place to watch a ball game. Plenty of parking, great food, not really any further from the Red line than the north siders. And I think I join most in saying, this is going to be a great year for the SOX. They are entering Spring Training with very few question marks, looks like solid pitching and defense, and guys that can manufacture runs. If you're looking for a team to support that's poised to win, the SOX should be your team.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Over By There
02-18-2005, 02:55 PM
maybe i'm nuts ... but that's not how you become a fan.

I'm with you. I'm all for new Sox fans, but just tell the dude to watch a few games, preferably in person. It's not a decision, it's a feeling. (I like that - White Sox Baseball: It's Not a Decision, It's a Feeling)

If he buys the Cubbie schtick, more power to him. Deciding to pledge your alliegance to a team based on bluster (even if it comes from a great message board like this one) seems counterintuitive to me. Moreover, it sounds like the lemming behavior of another group of fans... :wink:

Ol' No. 2
02-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Just tell him to wait until Opening Day and feed him some churros.:D:

SoxSpeed22
02-19-2005, 04:21 PM
:hurt
Never turned on our stars? Laughable, man! Over the last few years there have been many threads bashing the man I just posted a picture of.I'll take that back, turned on them to the point where we trade him for crap!