PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 2/17/05

Hangar18
02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
The SOX catch up a bit with the stories, but the CUBS dominate with the
Gratuitious Pictures. Wood (on a story about steroids? why him?) and The Messiah, signing autographs in his very expensive looking car. The Messiah
leads all Players with 2 pictures now .......

Cubune:
2 Cub stories
3 Sox stories

Cub-Times:
1 cub story
1 sox story

Standings since 2/16/05

CUBS 10
SOX 7

JUribe1989
02-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Great back page feature on the Sox for the Cubune, but I haven't seen the Sun Times yet today

DC Sox Fan
02-17-2005, 12:53 PM
what I love is the "photo galleries" on chicagosports.com

The thumbnail for each of them:

US: Crash hitting some balls
THEM: Jesus signing autographs in his car

I love it.

Hangar18
02-17-2005, 01:12 PM
what I love is the "photo galleries" on chicagosports.com

The thumbnail for each of them:

US: Crash hitting some balls
THEM: Jesus signing autographs in his car

I love it.

Yeah, I wouldve LOVED to have been in on the Chicago Medias Ultra Secret
meeting.

Chicago TV: Guys, now that Sammys gone, we badly need a new Hero.
Chicago Radio: Yeah, guys, whos gonna Save Us?
Tribune: Everybody, relax. The Messiah will save Chicago now.

MikeKiley: Are you sure? I can only write a set number of Fluff Pieces
before people start talking and screaming Propoganda.

MikeMurph: What are you talking about Kiley, Im the one carrying the torch around here, I dedicate my ENTIRE radio show to talking about the Cubs, dont tell me about I cant do it alone. 5 nites a week im pumping the cubs in this town, and ignoring the Sox.

SunTimes: Whatever you guys are doing, I dont think its enough, weve
got to FIND A HERO and start making him a legend ..........and FAST!

Tribune: Lets do something revolving around a curse .....
SunTimes: Hey, the Spaghetti Sauce Idea can only go so far ......
Tribune: Work it so thats all we talk about during Spring ......
ChicagoTV: OK, we will just keep putting pictures of the Messiah on air
ChicagoRadio: We'll do Now-that-Sammys-Gone pieces .......
Kiley: I'll see if I can keep getting The Messiah to give me quotes....
Tribune: Then its settled, The Messiah is going to save Chicago

rdivaldi
02-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Great back page feature on the Sox for the Cubune, but I haven't seen the Sun Times yet today

I quickly glanced at the Times. Was I imagining things or did the front page have the headline "Baseball's Back" with a picture of Rowand swinging the bat?

A front page picture of a White Sox player? :o:

Ol' No. 2
02-17-2005, 03:28 PM
I quickly glanced at the Times. Was I imagining things or did the front page have the headline "Baseball's Back" with a picture of Rowand swinging the bat?

A front page picture of a White Sox player? :o:They try to show how unbiased they are by showing a photo of a White Sox player once a week, even though they know no one's interested.:angry:

MisterB
02-17-2005, 04:10 PM

A front page picture of a White Sox player? :o:

I was surprised to find the same Rowand photo with a similar title on page 2 of the Oakland Tribune today. My thanks to the AP wire service.

DumpJerry
02-18-2005, 07:12 AM
All I have to say is that today's Cubune (Friday, 2-18), lives up to its name.:angry:

Ol' No. 2
02-18-2005, 09:29 AM
All I have to say is that today's Cubune (Friday, 2-18), lives up to its name.:angry:Boy, you're not kidding. And again, the number of stories doesn't do it justice. In column-inches it's got to be 10-1 again. Is it just me or do they seem to have gone way beyond their usual bias lately? It's almost as if they're making a concerted EFFORT to ignore the Sox.

DumpJerry
02-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Boy, you're not kidding. And again, the number of stories doesn't do it justice. In column-inches it's got to be 10-1 again. Is it just me or do they seem to have gone way beyond their usual bias lately? It's almost as if they're making a concerted EFFORT to ignore the Sox.
Today's paper is nothing more than the fifty cent version of the media guide. It contains a couple of inches about some other MLB teams for the five or six Cub fans who actually follow Baseball.