PDA

View Full Version : Tahido Iguchi highlight video on Whitesox.com

Mickster
02-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Don't know if it's been posted before but......Tahido Iguchi has a highlight video on Whitesox.com

350K Stream (http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=42-rF~cIPK40~Sfj31KzNci_nBn)

56K Stream (http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=57-YJBXII0SA~hDbt1a0cQDtdXa)

Basically some HR and defense footage (with him playing SS) and some opposite-field base hits thrown in at the end.

:gulp:

Iwritecode
02-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Looks good. Can't wait to see him playing at USCF.

:)

idseer
02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
i suppose if you made a reel of all of borchard's hits he'd look good too.

still ... i liked those fielding plays and also him going to right a lot.

JUribe1989
02-17-2005, 12:01 PM
The link won't work for me. Where on the site can u find it?

Gremlin3
02-17-2005, 12:02 PM
He was playing ss on all of the fielding plays. He hasn't played ss since 2000. Either way, I still think I'm going to like him batter than harris.

http://www.japanesebaseball.com/players/player.jsp?PlayerID=970

Gremlin3
02-17-2005, 12:07 PM
The link won't work for me. Where on the site can u find it?

I got it in an email from whitesox.com. I didn't see a direct link on their site yet.

hose
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
If the Sox try and toss the Big Hurt up and down like that they better get start juicing now.:tongue:

SoxFan76
02-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Who else caught the Ichiro cameo.

6th_starter
02-17-2005, 03:23 PM
sweet b. boone-style bat flip on those homers

Jabroni
02-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Who else caught the Ichiro cameo.I did, and I was surprised to see him hit into a double play and not beat it out. Maybe Iguchi's arm is just fine. :thumbsup:

Did anyone catch the shot of ex-Sox prospect Bryant Nelson who played with Iguchi in 2003? He was #4 in the video clip.

http://www.japanesebaseball.com/players/player.jsp?PlayerID=1604

Shingotime!!
02-17-2005, 03:39 PM
i suppose if you made a reel of all of borchard's hits he'd look good too. That reel wouldnt last for more than 30 seconds. Should this even be in teal?

eriqjaffe
02-17-2005, 03:43 PM
He was playing ss on all of the fielding plays. He hasn't played ss since 2000. Either way, I still think I'm going to like him batter than harris.I thought that was odd, too. Especially considering he allegedly doesn't have the arm strength to play SS every day since he injured his throwing arm.

Jjav829
02-17-2005, 03:43 PM
sweet b. boone-style bat flip on those homers

That's going to get annoying as hell. He better stop that crap.

SOXintheBURGH
02-17-2005, 03:44 PM
That was sweet. So excited. The end where they through him up in the air reminds me so much of a baseball game on Super Nintendo. The music is kinda lame though. :?:

Jabroni
02-17-2005, 03:45 PM
I thought that was odd, too. Especially considering he allegedly doesn't have the arm strength to play SS every day since he injured his throwing arm.The beginning of the video is 2000 clips and the end of the video is more recent 2003 clips.

Gremlin3
02-17-2005, 03:45 PM
I did, and I was surprised to see him hit into a double play and not beat it out. Maybe Iguchi's arm is just fine. :thumbsup:

Did anyone catch the shot of ex-Sox prospect Bryant Nelson who played with Iguchi in 2003?

http://www.japanesebaseball.com/players/player.jsp?PlayerID=1604

Ichiro hasn't played in Japan since '00 which was the last year that Iguchi played shortstop.

Jabroni
02-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Ichiro hasn't played in Japan since '00 which was the last year that Iguchi played shortstop.Hmmm, you're right. He is playing SS. Maybe that isn't Ichiro? It looks just like him, wacky batting stance and all.

Unregistered
02-17-2005, 03:52 PM
It's not so much the highlights... it's the sweet, sweet generic rock that was playing over them that really put tears in my eyes. Also, that freeze frame at the end looked like the opening to some cheezy Canadian teenage soap opera.

Loved it, if for no other reason than the cheese factor. :D:

Jabroni
02-17-2005, 03:54 PM
It's not so much the highlights... it's the sweet, sweet generic rock that was playing over them that really put tears in my eyes. Also, that freeze frame at the end looked like the opening to some cheezy Canadian teenage soap opera.

Loved it, if for no other reason than the cheese factor. :D:That music was definately cheezy. :tongue:

Randar68
02-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Don't know if it's been posted before but......Tahido Iguchi has a highlight video on Whitesox.com

350K Stream (http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=42-rF~cIPK40~Sfj31KzNci_nBn)

56K Stream (http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=57-YJBXII0SA~hDbt1a0cQDtdXa)

I'll tell you my initial thoughts... Early on, he's going to be beaten by inside heat. That said, I also really like a few things about him at the plate. Despite some pre-pitch motion, as the pitch is delivered, his hands are very quiet without much wasted motion. He goes with outside pitches and breaking pitches and is able to hit them with authority the other way. Was not expecting that, but stays with the pitch very well.

High heat and inside heat will be the biggest adjustments for him, IMO, but that video reassured me to a large degree, he has a much more MLB-type swing/approach than I had come to believe.

Foulke You
02-17-2005, 06:29 PM
I like the fact that it seems he sprays the ball to all fields. I saw just as many RF and Right Center Field hits as I did LF. Lots of line drive hits as well. Some of his RF HRs were just line drives that rocketed out of the park. If Iguchi gets comfortable with MLB pitching, he should be able to hit 20-25 dingers in our ballpark.

Mohoney
02-17-2005, 06:51 PM
he has a much more MLB-type swing/approach than I had come to believe.

Yeah. That was a nice, fluid, level swing that he was displaying.

He looks like he can bring some extra base power to all fields, perfect for the #2 hole, because Podsednik can score on just about any extra base hit.

Hangar18
02-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Man, I just got Goosebumps watching that. I especially like the last
hilite, hes in a dark jersey and hits a GWHR and his teammates mob him
then throw him in the air ........ Very Cool

Hangar18
02-17-2005, 06:56 PM
I'll tell you my initial thoughts... Early on, he's going to be beaten by inside heat. That said, I also really like a few things about him at the plate. Despite some pre-pitch motion, as the pitch is delivered, his hands are very quiet without much wasted motion. He goes with outside pitches and breaking pitches and is able to hit them with authority the other way. Was not expecting that, but stays with the pitch very well.

High heat and inside heat will be the biggest adjustments for him, IMO, but that video reassured me to a large degree, he has a much more MLB-type swing/approach than I had come to believe.

Cool, we just got our 1st scouting report on Tadahito. Im hoping if those are his perceived weaknesses, that he works on that during spring games ........

itsnotrequired
02-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah. That was a nice, fluid, level swing that he was displaying.

I agree. Very nice. Boone-esque bat flip on homers? Eh...

I really like the tossing of him up into the air at the end. Seems like something they could start when Frank comes back.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-17-2005, 10:57 PM
A question or two for the stat-hounds out there: It's been stated that, while Japanese power numbers don't translate well to the States (smaller parks over there), Iguchi played his home games in what is considered to be a "pitcher's park." Does anyone know his home/road splits over the last few years? I guess I'm wondering if he hit most of his dingers on the road, in parks with friendlier fences. Also, how does U.S. Cellular field compare dimension-wise to the Fukuoka Daiei Hawks' home park?

Jabroni
02-17-2005, 11:22 PM
A question or two for the stat-hounds out there: It's been stated that, while Japanese power numbers don't translate well to the States (smaller parks over there), Iguchi played his home games in what is considered to be a "pitcher's park." Does anyone know his home/road splits over the last few years? I guess I'm wondering if he hit most of his dingers on the road, in parks with friendlier fences. Also, how does U.S. Cellular field compare dimension-wise to the Fukuoka Daiei Hawks' home park?Here's a post of mine from another thread on how the Cell compares to Iguchi's home stadium, the Fukuoka Dome in Japan...
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=597417&postcount=13

My conclusion was that the Fukuoka Dome could be more of a pitcher's park than the Cell because of the Dome's high 19 foot fence in the outfield. As a result, Iguchi's home numbers shouldn't drop much because of park factors.

As for Iguchi's home/road splits, I was only able to find his splits from 2001...
http://www.redrival.com/rlb/fdh/iguchi_sp.html

At least in 2001, Shingo hit MUCH better in his home stadium (Fukuoka Dome) than on the road. Keep in mind that the Fukuoka Dome is the biggest pitcher's park in Japan. That is definately good news.

pudge
02-17-2005, 11:41 PM
That's going to get annoying as hell. He better stop that crap.

I hope he hits enough homers to annoy the hell out of you.:cool:

SOX ADDICT '73
02-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Jabroni rules! And so does WSI: I swear, if I couldn't remember the name of my third grade teacher, I could ask about it here, and within 5 minutes one of you would have the answer!

Looks like the parks' dimensions are really similar, and (at least in '01) Iguchi hit nearly as many HR at home as on the road. If I wasn't excited about him before, I sure am now!

Clarkdog
02-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Nice short, quick and fluid swing. I agree with Randar though, he will have trouble getting around on inside heat (particularily up in the zone). He's gonna see a lot of 2 seamers or cutters. But if they miss - he's got the ability to drive a lot of pitches to all fields. Shouldn't have any problem with the glove, and I like the looks of his speed.

He's is certainly and upgrade over Willie - KW made himself a pretty good deal here. And if he can adjust quickly....

I PREDICT (to steal from Swami Murph)... Tadahito Iguchi will start at 2nd Base for the 2005 AL All-Stars

Tekijawa
02-18-2005, 09:58 AM
The Swing reminds me more of Carlos Lee, especially in one of the clips I thought that they could be one in the same... I also though of Brett Boone with the Bat Flips. The one thing that I am worried about, in relation to what Ray King said, is I'm assuming that those are pitch speeds in the corner of some of the clips... I don't remember any of the pitches hitting 145 K/Hr or 90mph... and one pitch was 118 K/Hr which is about 73mph I think even I could hit that! Fastballs will probably take some adjustment.

GregoryEtc
02-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Good bat speed. Can hit the breaking ball the other way. I would have liked to see more of him running... leggin' out a double or something... but i'm excited.