PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Has Left The Building ?

ChiSoxBobette
02-17-2005, 08:19 AM
I was looking through the whitesox.com site the section on upcoming US Cell. promotions for ball games and noticed there is no Elvis Night. Has anyone heard that this promotion was'nt going to be on the White Sox schedule this year? My wife and I really enjoyed Elvis night as I'm sure a lot of other Sox fans did , if its off the schedule I think it will be missed, maybe it was replaced this year with the Beatles promotions Aug. 19th & 20th when the yankmees are in town.

Go White Sox!

gosox41
02-17-2005, 08:21 AM
I was looking through the whitesox.com site the section on upcoming US Cell. promotions for ball games and noticed there is no Elvis Night. Has anyone heard that this promotion was'nt going to be on the White Sox schedule this year? My wife and I really enjoyed Elvis night as I'm sure a lot of other Sox fans did , if its off the schedule I think it will be missed, maybe it was replaced this year with the Beatles promotions Aug. 19th & 20th when the yankmees are in town.

Go White Sox!

I am kind of glad it's gone. It was getting stale IMHO. It was the same thing every year.

Bob

calderon
02-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Elvis night/Fireworks Friday August 5th vs. Seattle.

GoSoxGo
02-17-2005, 08:53 AM
My office sponsors a Sox outing ever year- although they are mainly Cubs fans. Every year it is Elvis night! Yes, it is August 5th as I know the date well already. At least we have good seats or so I'm told. Oh well, for a free ticket I can suffer through Elvis for as few hours.

ChiSoxBobette
02-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Elvis night/Fireworks Friday August 5th vs. Seattle.
I checked that date on whitesox.com the schedule part has no promotional astrix for that game and the promotional schedule which I brought up does'nt have anything scheduled for that game either. I think if there was something such as Elvis night it would be showing up on one or the other of the areas.

Ol' No. 2
02-17-2005, 09:18 AM
I checked that date on whitesox.com the schedule part has no promotional astrix for that game and the promotional schedule which I brought up does'nt have anything scheduled for that game either. I think if there was something such as Elvis night it would be showing up on one or the other of the areas.Odd. It was on the earlier schedule. Either someone messed up and forgot it or they cancelled it. It was always a pretty popular gig, so I'd be more likely to believe the former.

Jerko
02-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Odd. It was on the earlier schedule. Either someone messed up and forgot it or they cancelled it. It was always a pretty popular gig, so I'd be more likely to believe the former.

I already got group tickets for Elvis night so they better not have cancelled it.

Iwritecode
02-17-2005, 10:03 AM
I am kind of glad it's gone. It was getting stale IMHO. It was the same thing every year.

Bob

For whatever reason, it's still a really big draw. They aren't going to get rid of it anytime soon...

34 Inch Stick
02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
It's a fun time. The Elvis impersonator after the game is good and The King's music is timeless. Throw in a little night time sky diving and you have a good night.

Ol' No. 2
02-17-2005, 01:52 PM
It's a fun time. The Elvis impersonator after the game is good and The King's music is timeless. Throw in a little night time sky diving and you have a good night.Only in America can people make a living jumping out of airplanes dressed up like Elvis Presley.

Is this a great country, or what?

Jerry_Manuel
02-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Someone should email Brooks...

Gremlin3
02-17-2005, 02:04 PM
I was at last years elvis night and it was still a good time, even though I'm not much of an elvis fan. I prefer the Beatles. It can still draw a bunch of people to the park.