PDA

View Full Version : A thought

KempersRS
07-26-2001, 12:09 AM
How does this deal sound?

Sox Get: LoDuca, some kind of A type prospect (I am not familiar with their system)

Dodgers Get: Baldwin, Sandy, Konerko/Liefer

doublem23
07-26-2001, 12:14 AM
Sounds good, but not gonna happen.

LA has a 1B named Eric Karros, a 3B named Adrian Beltre, and an outfield consisting of Shawn Green, Marquis Grissom, and Gary Sheffield...

They won't give away their lone catcher just to add depth.

KempersRS
07-26-2001, 12:19 AM
I just realized that, yes, they don't need a Konerko type guy. The only area they need a lot of work at is SS, and Royce won't be bringin in LoDuca any time soon.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 12:42 AM
What kind of defender is doluca?

My first response is no. Is doluca a better hitter than Konerko.

If we trade konerko, we damn well better get a real shortstop and catcher prospects.

doublem23
07-26-2001, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
What kind of defender is doluca?

My first response is no. Is doluca a better hitter than Konerko.

If we trade konerko, we damn well better get a real shortstop and catcher prospects.

I'd rather have LoDuca behind the plate than Konerko at 1st. LoDuca is definately an upgrade over Konerko for this team because by dumping Walnuts, we could get Rowand some time in left.

Mathew
07-26-2001, 03:58 AM
I think that is a trade that would make both teams better. Yes Eric Karros is L.A.'s 1st baseman but he has been terrible for 1 1/2 years. Last season he had 20hrs at the break and finished with 24 and sucked hard straight on to present. I'd give that because JB is worth the prospect(draft pick he's worth now) and Lo Duca can play 1b if the catcher thing is shored up or a concern. Lo Duca is a better 1b than Konerko and a better hitter.

dasox24
07-26-2001, 04:13 PM
Loduca is also 29 and konerko is 25.