PDA

View Full Version : Nonsense about Iguchi's arm

bigredrudy
02-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Iguchi's arm has never recovered from his injury and he is below average in making the double play. See scouting report on baseball america website.

balke
02-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Kenny told us we've never seen him play... we still have Harris. I'm not gonna worry.

StepsInSC
02-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Iguchi's arm has never recovered from his injury and he is below average in making the double play. See scouting report on baseball america website.

Post of the year

NSSoxFan
02-16-2005, 08:48 PM

Call off the season.

Chisox003
02-16-2005, 08:55 PM
To the Bat Mobile!!

Flush this thread down the
http://www.slowtheflow.com/images/toilet-about.jpg

spawn
02-16-2005, 08:57 PM
I guess they just give gold Gloves away in Japan to players who suck...pity.

munchman33
02-16-2005, 08:59 PM

I hate trolls.

MRKARNO
02-16-2005, 09:08 PM
This from the same person who wrote that they think the White Sox will finish 4th in the AL Central, a thread that was sent to the roadhouse immediately:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=594544&postcount=1
:troll

Ol' No. 2
02-16-2005, 09:14 PM
This from the same person who wrote that they think the White Sox will finish 4th in the AL Central, a thread that was sent to the roadhouse immediately:
:trollYou just beat me to it. Man, you have to be fast around here.:tongue:

spawn
02-16-2005, 09:16 PM
:troll

Yeah, I saw that as well. I'm thinking he's really a Tiger's fan.

CWSGuy406
02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
I guess they just give gold Gloves away in Japan to players who suck...pity.

Aside from this poster being an obvious troll (the thread starter), I hope most people aren't expecting a defensive upgrade from Harris. Bash Harris all you want, he has awesome range, and is an excellent defensive second-baseman. That being said, I am interested in seeing how Iguchi adjusts to playing on grass just about every day... (Which I think is just about what everyone else here is thinking, too)

Jabroni
02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I saw that as well. I'm thinking he's really a Tiger's fan.We all know that a Tigers' fan has all the right in the world to rip on the Sox. Afterall, the Tigers finish with a better record than us every season.

mike squires
02-16-2005, 09:33 PM
If this guy is telling the truth on his profile...he's 70...:dtroll:

StepsInSC
02-16-2005, 10:28 PM

and he's got the exact same bday as me.....

MisterB
02-16-2005, 11:42 PM
This is the Phil Rogers quote he's talking about...

from Baseball America (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/columnists/askba.html)

While serving as the cornerstone of manager Sadaharu Oh's Fukuoka powerhouse in Japan, Iguchi eyed the challenge of playing in America, coming close to deals as a posted free agent before saying sayanora as a true free agent this winter. He signed a two-year, $4.95 million deal that includes a $2.3 million salary for 2005 and a $3.25 million club option for 2007. A four-time all-star in eight Pacific League seasons, Iguchi won three Gold Gloves and two stolen-base titles. He consistently has hit for power and took a huge jump as a hitter in the last two seasons. Few second baseman are as athletic or as complete a player as Iguchi. He uses his power to drive in runs and his speed to score them. He always killed lefthanders in Japan and became dangerous against righties as well. Iguchi is an unusually surehanded fielder with average range. He totaled 22 errors in three seasons after moving from shortstop to second base. Iguchi's only liability is his arm, which hasn't been the same since a shoulder injury in 2002. That forced his move from shortstop and leaves him below average turning the double play. Countryman Shingo Takatsu took over as their closer last season, and the White Sox think Iguchi could make a greater impact. He could be a rare 20-20 second baseman and a Rookie of the Year contender. Unlike Hideki Matsui and Kaz Matsui, he played in a pitcher's park in Japan and moves to a hitter's paradise. Willie Harris could take some at-bats away against tough righthanders, but Iguchi should claim the bulk of Chicago's playing time at second base.

Simmer down, fellas.

DrCrawdad
02-17-2005, 01:12 AM

It's interesting to read the comments in context. The report was glowing, except for the part on his arm, which of course is the only part the :dtroll: included.

fquaye149
02-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Aside from this poster being an obvious troll (the thread starter), I hope most people aren't expecting a defensive upgrade from Harris. Bash Harris all you want, he has awesome range, and is an excellent defensive second-baseman. That being said, I am interested in seeing how Iguchi adjusts to playing on grass just about every day... (Which I think is just about what everyone else here is thinking, too)

Harris has DECENT range and a REASONABLE glove. However you realize he can NOT turn a DP? Kind of an important thing for a 2B to do, no?

Jabroni
02-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Harris has DECENT range and a REASONABLE glove. However you realize he can NOT turn a DP? Kind of an important thing for a 2B to do, no?The way I see it is that Harris has good range but a weak arm.

Baby Fisk
02-17-2005, 08:26 AM

The day they wired the Motor City Retirement Castle for Internet access was, for some of the old boys, the greatest day since Rue McClanahan paid a visit on Veterans' Day Weekend. Regrettably, not all of them survived the latter.