PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac Rips Canseco

RKMeibalane
02-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Tracy McGrady, devoted seam head that he is, jumped at a chance to wade into Jose Canseco's charges about steroid use in baseball. "What we call him in the 'hood is a `straight sellout,' " McGrady said. "That's what he is. He is a straight sellout. When people rat on players you played with, teammates, guys you competed with and against, one thing is in this business, whether it's baseball, basketball, you're one big family. You rat guys out like that, you're not right."

I think McGrady probably should have stayed out of this. Given that he spent most of last season criticizing his Orlando teammates, I don't he's the best person to talk about the concept of teammates being like family members. That said, I'm glad other athletes are paying attention to this situation. Steroid use is a problem for everyone, not just baseball players. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a few NBA players have experimented with them. And no, I'm not trying to start a debate by saying that. It's just an opinion.

SOXintheBURGH
02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
I think McGrady probably should have stayed out of this. Given that he spent most of last season criticizing his Orlando teammates, I don't he's the best person to talk about the concept of teammates being like family members. That said, I'm glad other athletes are paying attention to this situation. Steroid use is a problem for everyone, not just baseball players. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a few NBA players have experimented with them. And no, I'm not trying to start a debate by saying that. It's just an opinion.

I need Tracy McGrady's opinions on baseball like I need a hot dog at Wrigley Field.

Jabroni
02-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Is T-Mac also "from the hood, playa" like Torii Hunter?

RKMeibalane
02-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Is T-Mac also "from the hood, playa" like Torii Hunter?

He's originally from the Orlando area. I didn't realize that Walt Disney World fit the description of an inner-city neighborhood.

Ol' No. 2
02-16-2005, 04:04 PM
He's originally from the Orlando area. I didn't realize that Walt Disney World fit the description of an inner-city neighborhood.Maybe he meant Little Red Riding Hood. Some people just don't know when to ****.

spawn
02-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I heard that Reggie Miller was asked on Dan Patrick's show about the situation, and he said he'd punch Canseco in the nose. Yeah...sure you would Reggie. Steroids or no roids, he'd snap Reggie like a twig.The NBA already has an image problem. They don't need these two idiots shooting their mouths off.

RKMeibalane
02-16-2005, 04:16 PM
I heard that Reggie Miller was asked about the situation, and he said he'd punch Canseco in the nose. Yeah...sure you would Reggie. The NBA already has an image problem. They don't need these two idiots shooting their mouths off.

The thought of Reggie trying to fight anyone is laughable. The man is a twig. Does anyone else remember when he picked a fight with M. Jeff?

spawn
02-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I remember that. He was swinging like a little b**ch.

shoota
02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
He's originally from the Orlando area. I didn't realize that Walt Disney World fit the description of an inner-city neighborhood.

nice :D: