PDA

View Full Version : New-look Sox counting on El Duque

Jabroni
02-16-2005, 02:18 PM
"New-look Sox counting on Hernandez"
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intid=38399134

Iwritecode
02-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Did anyone else read that title and kinda say "duh"? They could have put in just about any name... No offense to you Jabroni.

Also what's up with this?

4. Which player is most likely to be a bust?

Dye, signed as a free agent to take over for Ordonez, is viewed as a defensive upgrade.

But the 30-year-old right fielder no longer appears to have the pop he did a few years ago, as evidenced by the numbers (.265, 23 home runs, 80 RBI in 137 games) he produced for Oakland last season.

Playing 81 games at hitter-friendly U.S. Cellular Field can only help, but there's potentially a bigger problem. While he's still relatively young, Dye has been sidelined with a broken thumb, separated shoulder, sore knee and broken leg over the past four seasons.

Are they really trying to say that Dye is more prone to freak injuries than any other player in MLB???

HebrewHammer
02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
If we get 25 starts out of El Duque, I consider the signing a success, anything after that is bonus.

Jermaine Dye is a question mark until the season starts, but he's worth the risk. It sounds like he's fully recovered and we have Carl Everett as an insurance policy. So, RF is the least of my concerns. We're still too weak at backup SS!

Let me ask you this, if you had a choice between Ken Griffey Jr. in center and Jermaine Dye in right, who would you choose? If you had a choice between Jermaine Dye and Jeromy Burnitz who do you choose? I thought so.

Ol' No. 2
02-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Are they really trying to say that Dye is more prone to freak injuries than any other player in MLB???In case you hadn't noticed, so have quite a few people here at WSI.:?:

zach074
02-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Are they really trying to say that Dye is more prone to freak injuries than any other player in MLB???

I think Ken Griffey Junior has more freak injuries.

PAPChiSox729
02-16-2005, 07:20 PM
I think Ken Griffey Junior has more freak injuries.

That is ridiculous that he always get seriously injured every year. It is almost expected for him to go down before June. Anyways, Dye really doesn't worry me. If he does get injured, you will see Crazy Carl in right field (but I know that worries some people).

owensmouth
02-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Send in Ross Gload!

Jabroni
02-16-2005, 10:28 PM
On FOX 32 News' sports segment, they showed a video clip from the Sox training camp of El Duque jogging. He looks like he's in great shape. Hopefully, he will have no problem pitching the entire season.

SEALgep
02-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Unless he's being criticized for not having enough calcium in his diet, there's no reason to assume Dye will be hurt with another "chronic" injury/broken bone.

itsnotrequired
02-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Unless he's being criticized for not having enough calcium in his diet, there's no reason to assume Dye will be hurt with another "chronic" injury/broken bone.

http://www.buckparadise.com/new_deer_galleries/lg_2003/08_deer_03.jpg

I figure Jermaine has all the calcium he needs...

Ol' No. 2
02-16-2005, 11:51 PM
http://www.buckparadise.com/new_deer_galleries/lg_2003/08_deer_03.jpg

I figure Jermaine has all the calcium he needs...Being "injury-prone", he's lucky that buck didn't run into him an puncture a lung.:D: