PDA

View Full Version : MlbTV

fquaye149
02-16-2005, 01:48 PM
I hope this is the right forum for this. But anyway:

I'm in London until the middle of May, so the only way I will be able to watch my White Sox play will be over the internet. I am considering getting the MLB.com package, but I was wondering first if anyone's ever used it in the past and can give me their caveats and recommendations.

The literature on the site is pretty bare bones so any inside info you could give me would be awesome. Thanks a lot!!!

samram
02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I had it last year. It wasn't bad, it did what it was supposed to do. It's about 30 seconds behind the regular broadcasts, but that's to be expected. Every once in a while it would go down and on certain Saturdays when there are games on Fox, you can't get any games on MLBtv, which I don't like. Overall, it's worth it to watch the Sox and I'll probably get it again, although I might check out Extra Innings.

nccwsfan
02-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I hope this is the right forum for this. But anyway:

I'm in London until the middle of May, so the only way I will be able to watch my White Sox play will be over the internet. I am considering getting the MLB.com package, but I was wondering first if anyone's ever used it in the past and can give me their caveats and recommendations.

The literature on the site is pretty bare bones so any inside info you could give me would be awesome. Thanks a lot!!!

MLBTV is a great service for fans who are willing to watch games online. Buy the ALL ACCESS package- for an extra $20 you also get audio broadcasts and pregame media notes. A good way to get briefed on the game you're watching/listening to.

You'll enjoy it- good luck!

Gremlin3
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I've had it the last couple years. I like it except for the local blackouts. I need it to watch games at work. I'm just going to have to get a tv here this year.

GiveMeSox
02-16-2005, 07:52 PM
:(:I've had it the last couple years. I like it except for the local blackouts. I need it to watch games at work. I'm just going to have to get a tv here this year.

For the 800th time if you send me a private message I will tell you how to get around the local blackout restrictions. Its a secret though.

Irishsoxfan
02-17-2005, 02:48 AM
What sort of connection are you guys using? I'm about to get broadband and intend buying mlbtv so I can at last watch the live Sox games I want to. I'm looking at a product call a Ripwave modem which delivers 512 Kbps download speeds (no download cap). Is this good enough to watch the games?