PDA

View Full Version : Which Baseball Team has the worst fans?

JUribe1989
02-15-2005, 07:35 PM
I hate the Cubs fans most probably because I have to deal with them so much, but whenever I talk with a Twins fan they piss me off so much. They are the biggest fairweather fans in sports probably. They only go to games when the team is either clinching the division or winning a playoff game. Tigers fans have all these nicknames making fun of us even though they only won 43 games in 2003 and aren't exactly the most flattering teams. We all know how annoying Indian fans were in the 90s. So which team has the worst fans?

Niagara
02-15-2005, 07:41 PM
I nominate the Royals. Their fans pay to watch an AAA or AA caliber team, pretending to be a MLB team, lose and suck year after year.

cubhater
02-15-2005, 07:52 PM
'Worst' is a very broad term in this poll. There can be many 'worst' categories (fan support, obnoxiousness, etc.).

BTW, you left out Wrigely Field fans in your poll.:D:

I voted Cub fans of course!

santo=dorf
02-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Phillies.

Jabroni
02-15-2005, 10:33 PM
On ABC 7 they just showed video of ONE Cincinnati Reds' fan waiting to purchase tickets today since it was the first day that they were available. That's right -- ONE Reds' fan was waiting to purchase tickets.

samram
02-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Phillies.

First, I don't know why this question is being asked, since we all know who the winners will be.

Second, why the Phillies? Yeah, they're harsh, but I think they're pretty knowledgeable. Sound familiar?:D:

Jabroni
02-15-2005, 10:58 PM
First, I don't know why this question is being asked, since we all know who the winners will be.

Second, why the Phillies? Yeah, they're harsh, but I think they're pretty knowledgeable. Sound familiar?:D:
I have heard that Phillies' fans are big-time fair-weather fans. They also threw batteries at J.D. Drew during a Cardinals/Phillies game because he was originally drafted by the Phillies but refused to sign with them.

samram
02-15-2005, 11:03 PM
I have heard that Phillies' fans are big-time fair-weather fans.

Fair-weather as in they don't go to games if the team isn't very good? Or fair-weather in that they don't even follow them if they're not good? If it's the former, well, Sox attendance in 1999 wasn't exactly spectacular.

As far as the batteries thing, that's bad, but every team's fandom has its bad moments, and as people on this board like to say, it's not representative.

It's not that I give a crap about Phillies fans, but I just don't see them being as bad as Cubs fans.

SOXintheBURGH
02-15-2005, 11:11 PM
I've been around quite a many Phillies fans. They suck. However, they are knowledgable and passionate about their team. Like the White Sox, they don't draw unless they're winning.

SoxSpeed22
02-15-2005, 11:37 PM
I've been around quite a many Phillies fans. They suck. However, they are knowledgable and passionate about their team. Like the White Sox, they don't draw unless they're winning.The only difference I see between Philly fans and us is that we're less ****ed off all the time compared to them. Both of us are passionate and highly intelligent. The fans I can't the most are those fans that only like a team for the sake of hatin' another. At my school (In the Quad Cities), There are a TON of people who where Cub and Red Sox stuff. They're Cub fans I'll spare that part, but they only like Boston for the sake of hatin' the Yanks. Personally both the R. Sox and Yanks can **** themselves. The ones that blindly root for the Flubs and Wrong Sox I call "Bandwagoners". Just cuz they were the only two teams that never win, they get all the fans. But we should have no problem lockin' down a World Series title before the Flubs ever do. I got Sox friends so no need to send a rescue unit.
I know we're not supposed to believe in curses, but here's one I found from a couple years ago that makes a lot more sense than any stupid Billy Goat.
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/031017.html

HomeFish
02-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Tiger fans at the Cell in '04 were terrible. KC gets like that too when they start winning.

I'll vouch for the Philly fans being knowledgeable. They know what they want from their team, and when they don't get it, well, they don't take it. I wish Sox fans could be more willing to take their team to task like that.

Jabroni
02-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Tiger fans at the Cell in '04 were terrible. KC gets like that too when they start winning.

I'll vouch for the Philly fans being knowledgeable. They know what they want from their team, and when they don't get it, well, they don't take it. I wish Sox fans could be more willing to take their team to task like that.So we should throw batteries at Magg$ when the Tigers come to the Cell this season? :rolleyes:

Cubs and Phillies fans throw crap on the field to show their disgust. Let's not be as completely classless as them, Homefish.

JoseCanseco6969
02-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Boston Red Cubs. From my experiences last season at the cell and through their celebrities, fans around the nation...most of these people are carbon copies of Cub fans with an added bonus- they are 10 times more arrogant.

MUsoxfan
02-16-2005, 12:34 AM
It's a toss up for me between the Yankees fans and Cub fans. Yankees fans jump on board with their all-or-nothing attitude, and Cubs fans jump on with their nothing-or-nothing attitude but are still really arrogant asses for some unknown reason. The fans on either end of the spectrum are the worst

santo=dorf
02-16-2005, 01:28 AM

Considering that a municipal court was installed under the Vet, I really don't know how any other team can compete with them. As previously mentioned, they threw batteries at JD Drew whenever he came to play, and Carl Everett said that along with the fans in Oakland, the fans are so bad they don't deserve a team. A woman was arrested during the final Phillies game at the Vet because she was wearing a toilet seat that she stole from the women's bathroom around her neck. :kukoo:

Cubbiesuck13
02-16-2005, 03:41 AM
Fair-weather as in they don't go to games if the team isn't very good? Or fair-weather in that they don't even follow them if they're not good? If it's the former, well, Sox attendance in 1999 wasn't exactly spectacular.

As far as the batteries thing, that's bad, but every team's fandom has its bad moments, and as people on this board like to say, it's not representative.

It's not that I give a crap about Phillies fans, but I just don't see them being as bad as Cubs fans.

Not just Phillies' fans but Philidelphia as a whole. I don't Michael Irvin as much as the next guy but cheering anyone when they can't move is bad. Anyone else remember when he was laying on the turf and everyone thought he broke his neck and the fans were cheering? Tough crowd.

eastchicagosoxfan
02-16-2005, 06:24 AM
The Cubs. I'm trying to paste the Lee Elia rant here, but to no avail. It's readily available. I'm assumming most people know what I'm talking about.

Jabroni
02-16-2005, 08:36 AM
The Cubs. I'm trying to paste the Lee Elia rant here, but to no avail. It's readily available. I'm assumming most people know what I'm talking about.It is the most classic rant of all. But it is filled with naughty words that the mods of this site wouldn't like.

cubhater
02-16-2005, 08:44 AM
The Cubs. I'm trying to paste the Lee Elia rant here, but to no avail. It's readily available. I'm assumming most people know what I'm talking about.

I have Elia's rant on my computer and it's a classic! It's something I can listen to every day without getting bored. Wasn't Grobber the guy who got it live on tape?

Maximo
02-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Washington Nationals fans.

This goes back to the days when they had the Senators and I want them to know I haven't forgotten what they did.

Nick@Nite
02-16-2005, 09:26 AM
The bullpens in Philly are bi-level. When the new stadium opened, the home team had the higher bullpen, nearest to the fans. Well, since the Philly fans are so swell, the visiting team now has the bullpen closest to the Philly fans.

Iirc, it took less than two months for the switch to happen.

JKryl
02-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I would have voted for the Expos, but I guess it's too late.

rdivaldi
02-16-2005, 02:20 PM
I know that very few will agree with me, but my vote is for the fans of the New York Yankees. I was embarrassed and disgusted when they had to pile policemen on the field during the ALCS because of the classless behavior of the crowd. I've heard so many stories of players getting nailed by batteries and knives being thrown on the field. The media just plays it off as the "Tough New York Attitude". What a load of crap. I'm tired of that bunch of arrogant thugs that fill that stadium each game.

HebrewHammer
02-16-2005, 03:02 PM
I voted ScRubs "fans", but how about Braves fans as the worst in baseball? They have one of the best run franchises in the MLB and don't fill the stadium for playoff games.

MUsoxfan
02-16-2005, 03:04 PM
I voted ScRubs "fans", but how about Braves fans as the worst in baseball? They have one of the best run franchises in the MLB and don't fill the stadium for playoff games.

If I were a Braves fan I'd be really pissed off. 13 or 14 consecutive NLE titles, and only ONE WS ring. Fans don't go to the playoff games because they expect the Braves to lose. And guess what? They do every year.

chisoxmike
02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=HomeFish]Tiger fans at the Cell in '04 were terrible. KC gets like that too when they start winning.

Oh yeah they were. I couldn't stand the Tiger fans this year. They all thought they were going to the playoffs this year, I went to that wonderful meaningless game in September when the Sox came back in the 10th inning to tie and eventually win the game, the Tiger fans there were dancing in the aisles when they scored 4 runs in the 10th. They WERE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS! Morons!

chisoxmike
02-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Twins, Cubs, & Red Sox fans annoy me the most.

kittle42
02-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Some of these choices shouldn't even be there, IMO. I would say a good poll would be between:

Cubs
Yankees
Red Sox
Phillies (battery tossers)
Cardinals (great baseball fans, just really, really weird/intense, and too much red)
Indians (borderline - would have been more proper in their heyday)

CubsfansareDRUNK
02-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Yankee fans suck, but i hate cubs fans the most for obvious reasons. Next is red sox fans. Cubs fans are all red sox fans and when the red sox won all the cubs fans acted like their team one. :angry:

santo=dorf
02-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Some of these choices shouldn't even be there, IMO. I would say a good poll would be between:

Cubs
Yankees
Red Sox
Phillies (battery tossers)
Cardinals (great baseball fans, just really, really weird/intense, and too much red)
Indians (borderline - would have been more proper in their heyday)

Indians are borderline? They are the most fair weathered fans out in the game.

2002 Attendance: 2,616,940
2003 Attendance: 1,730,002

That's only a 33.9% decrease.

AZChiSoxFan
02-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Tiger fans at the Cell in '04 were terrible.

I agree with that. The only two games I got to attend at USCF in 2004 were vs. the Tigers (as you can see in my sig, Sox won both). After the first game, it works out that the traincar I was in on the Red Line was filled mostly by Tiger fans. By the way they were all carrying on, you would have thought Detroit won the game 10-0. Amazing.

eastchicagosoxfan
02-16-2005, 06:42 PM
It is the most classic rant of all. But it is filled with naughty words that the mods of this site wouldn't like.
Actually, the site I found it on, had all the dirty words **. But I understand that it would not be appropriate for the site.

Cowhead418
02-16-2005, 07:55 PM
If I were a Braves fan I'd be really pissed off. 13 or 14 consecutive NLE titles, and only ONE WS ring. Fans don't go to the playoff games because they expect the Braves to lose. And guess what? They do every year.

How would we Sox fans be like if the Sox had only one World Series in 13 or 14 consecutive playoff appearances? After all that time not winning it all, and how much we could talk trash to Cub fans I know I would love it. I would be ecstatic that basically every year we could pick the Sox to make the playoffs. I would not be pissed off at all. Braves fans are just spoiled brats.

DrCrawdad
02-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Back when the Tribe was good their fans were about as bad as they come. I imagine that if they do well this season we'll see a return of large numbers of Tribe fans at The Cell, as it used to be.

MUsoxfan
02-16-2005, 09:35 PM
How would we Sox fans be like if the Sox had only one World Series in 13 or 14 consecutive playoff appearances? After all that time not winning it all, and how much we could talk trash to Cub fans I know I would love it. I would be ecstatic that basically every year we could pick the Sox to make the playoffs. I would not be pissed off at all. Braves fans are just spoiled brats.

They're a little spoiled, but I can understand their lack of passion for a perennial choker.

C-Dawg
02-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Tiger fans at the Cell in '04 were terrible.

For some reason, I didn't notice it at all, and I saw them twice in 2004. Maybe they were on their best behavior in my section. I'll keep a close eye on them this year since my 13-game plan has two Tiger games.

Fans I dislike are: Cubs, Twins, Red Sox. I'll be seeing the Yankees at the Cell this year, for the first time since about 1980... So I'll be able to see how well they behave.