PDA

View Full Version : Guess we won't have Ticketmaster to gripe at any more

Fenway
02-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Problem is tickets.com is WORSE!!!!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/shownews.jsp?content=m021506A

MLB Internet company to acquire Tickets.com

posted February 15 @ 16:09, EST

COSTA MESA, Calif. (AP) - An Internet company owned by Major League Baseball has agreed to acquire Tickets.com.

Tickets.com, based in Costa Mesa, said Tuesday its directors appointed a committee to review the process and approve the agreement and merger plan.

About a quarter of the company's $70-million US annual revenue is from the online sale of baseball tickets while the rest comes from concerts and other sports and events. The company offered $1.10 for each outstanding share of the online ticket seller.

"It is essential for this industry to set the standard for our fans, providing them with the best experience not just on the field, but getting there as well," said Robert DuPuy, Major League Baseball's president and chief operating officer.

MUsoxfan
02-15-2005, 05:46 PM
I never understood the Ticketmaster/Tickets.com surcharge. They do very little besides act as middlemen and print out tickets. More than a $.50 surcharge should be illegal.

Kogs35
02-15-2005, 05:53 PM
if my memeory is correct the whitesox dumped tickets.com after having them for 1 year in 01 or 02 does this mean the teams must have tickets.com and cant use ticketmaster anymore?

Dadawg_77
02-15-2005, 07:46 PM
I never understood the Ticketmaster/Tickets.com surcharge. They do very little besides act as middlemen and print out tickets. More than a $.50 surcharge should be illegal.

Guess what I can see that charge going up as teams see that as a way to quitly raise the price of tickets.

Rocklive99
02-15-2005, 08:06 PM
I think the best thing is getting them at USCF. Ticketmaster has their stupid fees, and the Tickets.com machine they had at Sears was the worst experience I've ever had with tickets when they went on sale in 01

MarkZ35
02-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Ticketmaster gets away with all there radiculous extra charges because they consider there services to be a convience so you don't have to go all the way to the park for tickets. And according to them its easier to get tickets for hard games.

SOXintheBURGH
02-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Maybe Eddie Vedder can save us all again..

Soxzilla
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Ticketmaster gets away with all there radiculous extra charges because they consider there services to be a convience so you don't have to go all the way to the park for tickets. And according to them its easier to get tickets for hard games.

Well I personally would waste more money (And more importantly time) driving 45 minutes out to the game, than spending the couple bucks on the surcharges. Especially since it's club seats or bust for me:tongue:.

Sure I think the charges are a tad ridiculous, but nothing we can really do about it:/.

Fenway
02-16-2005, 02:35 PM
if my memeory is correct the whitesox dumped tickets.com after having them for 1 year in 01 or 02 does this mean the teams must have tickets.com and cant use ticketmaster anymore?

I really doubt MLB would buy tickets.com if they were not going to force the teams to use it

dcb33
02-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Well I personally would waste more money (And more importantly time) driving 45 minutes out to the game, than spending the couple bucks on the surcharges. Especially since it's club seats or bust for me:tongue:.

Sure I think the charges are a tad ridiculous, but nothing we can really do about it:/.

I would agree. It really doesn't bother me that they charge a fee because they do provide a valubale service for those of us who live far away. I'd much rather drop a couple bucks for a ticket than have to waste time driving to the park, spending money on gasoline, and sitting in aggrivating traffic.

JKryl
02-16-2005, 03:30 PM
I really doubt MLB would buy tickets.com if they were not going to force the teams to use it

Yup, look what the used car salesman did with the individual team web sites. Well done Bud, uniform mediocrity for everyone!