PDA

View Full Version : 2/15/05: Hawk on MJH at 4:20PM

DrCrawdad
02-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Tune in! (http://www.espnradio1000.com/)

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 03:30 PM
can't wait.

BridgePortNative
02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
:) :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :)

zach074
02-15-2005, 03:49 PM
:) :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :)

I have never seen someone so excited to hear Hawk talk on the radio.:redneck

mweflen
02-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Will someone post a synopsis? :hug:

BigDon77
02-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Yesssssss!

Mots09
02-15-2005, 04:17 PM
nm

Palehose13
02-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Will someone post a synopsis? :hug:

Please...

Mots09
Conseco is a "whore"

but you know what steroids saved baseball.

NSSoxFan
Hawk just called Canseco a whore! HAHAHA

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 04:36 PM
but you know what steroids saved baseball.

Hawk never said this.

BigDon77
02-15-2005, 04:37 PM
That was freakin hilarious, Hawk just tellin it like it is. HAHAHA

Whitesox029
02-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Hahahaha Hawk rules!
:hawk
We on a 7-second delay here?....He's a whore.

JUribe1989
02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
:kneeslap: Canseco is a whore

Olivo4MVP
02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Here is a summary of what Hawk said

-Very excited about change
-Looking forward to this season
-Homeruns don't do anything as the Sox and Yankees were tied for the lead and Sox didn't make playoffs. That stat was main reason Ozzie knew he had to change lineup
-Kenny did his best job since he's been here in the offseason
-Marte can't have worse year than last year
-Never seen Hermanson or Vizcaino pitch
-AJ gave him background on Hermanson, workhorse
-Scouts told him Vizcaino is a good pick-up
-AJ most important pick-up
-Chemistry= Got to have common bond
-Contreras- best arm on staff, but biggest question mark, Workhorse
-Crede- He hopes Joe does well
-AJ- One of the best catchers in league, killed us when he was w/ Twins.
-Cleveland is going to be tough
-Canseco- Not gonna read the book called him a w****

34 Inch Stick
02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I agree with him about Canseco, but so is Hawk. Has he given up telling us how great Willie is going to be.

Mots09
02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I know he never said that. that's why it wasn't in quotations, that is only my opinion

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 04:46 PM
I agree with him about Canseco, but so is Hawk. Has he given up telling us how great Willie is going to be.

Hawk is a whore for talking up the organization that he works for?? Come on...

SoxFan76
02-15-2005, 04:47 PM

Willie's OBP was higher than Pods last season.

MUsoxfan
02-15-2005, 04:49 PM

In how many less at-bats?

mweflen
02-15-2005, 04:49 PM

Which makes his inability to steal positively criminal. NEXT!

MUsoxfan
02-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Which makes his inability to steal positively criminal. NEXT!

That point beats my point

Palehose13
02-15-2005, 04:52 PM

Ah yes, but who stole more bases which led that same man to score more runs than the other. One guess... :wink:

SoxFan76
02-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Ah yes, but who stole more bases which led that same man to score more runs than the other. One guess... :wink:

Willie still has time to improve. All I'm saying is that I'm not jumping on the Willie Sucks bandwagon quite yet.

MUsoxfan
02-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Willie still has time to improve. All I'm saying is that I'm not jumping on the Willie Sucks bandwagon quite yet.

He wasted many opportunites to improve. In fact, he's actually regressed.

OG4LIFE
02-15-2005, 05:02 PM
who cares about willie harris!?

any interview highlights?

mweflen
02-15-2005, 05:05 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45414

mods - perhaps a thread merge is in order?

Mots09
02-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Jose C is in need of money... YES

but he lived this lifestyle for many years, and I believe the majority of the stories in the book are TRUE!

If you look at the season of '98, steroids and two juiced up power hitters saved baseball, and captured interest of fans that had lost interest because of the strike in '94.

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Jose C is in need of money... YES

but he lived this lifestyle for many years, and I believe the majority of the stories in the book are TRUE!

If you look at the season of '98, steroids and two juiced up power hitters saved baseball, and captured interest of fans that had lost interest because of the strike in '94.It's not impossible for a whore to be telling the truth.

Mots09
02-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Exactly number 2

HebrewHammer
02-15-2005, 05:12 PM
It's not impossible for a whore to be telling the truth.

You must have never seen any Miami Vice episodes.

williefan22
02-15-2005, 05:20 PM

Willie has never been given the chance to produce like every other player on the Sox. Ozzie kept saying last year how he wanted Willie to produce but then went out and got the stud Roberto Alomar to come in and bat .200. When Willie played his best in June he was given the chance to play consistently and he performed. I just wish they would let him play through some of his slumps rather than benching him at the first sign of trouble.

DrCrawdad
02-15-2005, 05:21 PM

That's right.

There is a reason why there are laws that protect whistleblowers.

It's good to hear Hawk speak his mind but I'm all for exposing and ridding baseball of steroid monsters. It's a process that will be painful but on their own - the players, the owners & many of the baseball media have done virtually nothing to stop the charade.

Mots09
02-15-2005, 05:29 PM
It's good to hear Hawk speak his mind but I'm all for exposing and ridding baseball of steroid monsters. It's a process that will be painful but on their own - the players, the owners & many of the baseball media have done virtually nothing to stop the charade.

Very well said Craw!:supernana:

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2005, 05:34 PM
You must have never seen any Miami Vice episodes.Where does Canseco live? D'oh.

Wanna know what's really really sad? Which of these guys is more believable?

http://www.msbaseball.com/photogallery/misc/bud_selig/Bud%20Selig%20melts%20when%20exposed%20to%20sunlig ht.jpg or http://espn.starwave.com/media/mlb/2003/0317/photo/a_canseco_i.jpg

Randar68
02-15-2005, 05:39 PM

As a former player and one that has always touted keeping the goings on within a clubhouse within the clubhouse, he's not exactly an unbiased observer...

Then again, not sure how often "Hawk" and "unbiased observer" have ever been used in the same sentence...

Randar68
02-15-2005, 05:40 PM

And with what goes on in major league clubhouses over the course of a season, most often, truth is more amazing than fiction...

SoxFan76
02-15-2005, 06:07 PM

I don't see how adding 60 points to his BA and 80 to his OBP is regressing.

TornLabrum
02-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I might have missed this on a synopsis of the interview with Hawk, so if I did, bear with me.

One of the more interesting points Hawk made was that he gives this year's bullpen a good chance of being "outstanding." He seems to expect a lot more out of them than the starting rotation which he called "good."

DrCrawdad
02-15-2005, 06:22 PM
As a former player and one that has always touted keeping the goings on within a clubhouse within the clubhouse, he's not exactly an unbiased observer...

Then again, not sure how often "Hawk" and "unbiased observer" have ever been used in the same sentence...

I LUV Hawk. However, it's a good thing for Hawk there is no database of the things he's said because the 'white man speak with forked tongue.' Hawk has babbled endless in the past about the importance of team chemistry then today he was dismissing team chemistry. I wonder too what Hawk had to say about Canseco when Canseco played for the Sox?

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2005, 06:27 PM
I might have missed this on a synopsis of the interview with Hawk, so if I did, bear with me.

One of the more interesting points Hawk made was that he gives this year's bullpen a good chance of being "outstanding." He seems to expect a lot more out of them than the starting rotation which he called "good."Last year he said Jon Garland was going to win 15 games, so you'll forgive me if I don't swoon over his prognostications.

The bullpen is deeper than it's been in a good long while, that's for sure. And unless they all turn into complete stiffs, it's likely they'll be good enough. Outstanding? Eh, we'll see. But with the innings-eaters they have in the rotation, they're not likely to have overwork as an excuse.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-15-2005, 06:41 PM
It's always good to hear what Jerry Reinsdorf is thinking. Thanks Hawk!

:cool:

santo=dorf
02-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Last year he said Jon Garland was going to win 15 games, so you'll forgive me if I don't swoon over his prognostications.

Actually, it was 18 games. :kukoo:

Erik The Red
02-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Conseco is a "whore"
Yeah. But then again, aren't ALL insurance companies whores?

oeo
02-15-2005, 06:51 PM
I know he never said that. that's why it wasn't in quotations, that is only my opinion

And I agree with you. They didn't stop the problem early when it could have been stopped, they wanted baseball back as America's Pasttime...what a better way to do it than let the fans see a surplus in homeruns?

Unregistered
02-15-2005, 07:04 PM
It's always good to hear what Jerry Reinsdorf is thinking. Thanks Hawk!

:cool: Ha, that's exactly what I was thinking when I was listening to the interview...

maurice
02-15-2005, 07:09 PM
For those who value Hawk's player evaluations, please acquaint yourselves with his term as GM.

JKryl
02-15-2005, 09:07 PM
For those who value Hawk's player evaluations, please acquaint yourselves with his term as GM.

You had to bring that up again?

JKryl
02-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I LUV Hawk. However, it's a good thing for Hawk there is no database of the things he's said because the 'white man speak with forked tongue.' Hawk has babbled endless in the past about the importance of team chemistry then today he was dismissing team chemistry. I wonder too what Hawk had to say about Canseco when Canseco played for the Sox?

No database of what Hawk said? I thought that's what WSI was for. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Hawk just called Canseco a whore! HAHAHA

You know, this quote reminds me of another recounted by Jim Bouton in his seminal tell-all book back in 1970, Ball Four.

Bouton was still in the league when details of his book began to be made public. He writes about hearing Pete Rose yelling at him from inside the dugout, "HEY, **** YOU, SHAKESPEARE!"

Priceless.
:roflmao:

You know how I know Canseco's book is important? Because baseball's insiders are circling the wagons -- just like they did 35 years ago when Bouton's book came out.

Hawk Harrelson is a joke, but a joke that perfectly illustrates this point. Baseball is hamstrung from positive change by the very same attitude Pete Rose verbalized 35 years ago and Hawk Harrelson repeated again just yesterday.
:cool:

wdelaney72
02-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Let me preface by saying I love Hawk as a broadcaster. That being said, Hawk must have been on his 4th drink at the 19th hole for the interview. While I enjoyed some of the things he said, he clearly doesn't have the players names down or anything. He was very unorganized and unprepared for the interview.

Earlier in the show, Mac dropped a caller for not knowing Pods and Iguchi's names. Hawk sounded as inept and ignorant as the caller, yet Mac gave him a pass.

Later, during "Critics At Extra Large", someone called Mac on this very point. Mac's response "Point taken".

I have no doubt that Hawk will learn the player's names for ST, but to come on the radio and be this unprepared made him look like an ass.

Some high points were Hawk agreeing that Crede deserves no more hype until he proves something, and I agree with his optimism regarding the bullpen.

Maximo
02-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Let me preface by saying I love Hawk as a broadcaster. That being said, Hawk must have been on his 4th drink at the 19th hole for the interview. While I enjoyed some of the things he said, he clearly doesn't have the players names down or anything. He was very unorganized and unprepared for the interview.

Earlier in the show, Mac dropped a caller for not knowing Pods and Iguchi's names. Hawk sounded as inept and ignorant as the caller, yet Mac gave him a pass.

Later, during "Critics At Extra Large", someone called Mac on this very point. Mac's response "Point taken".

I have no doubt that Hawk will learn the player's names for ST, but to come on the radio and be this unprepared made him look like an ass.

Some high points were Hawk agreeing that Crede deserves no more hype until he proves something, and I agree with his optimism regarding the bullpen.

And several years ago someone affilliated with the Sox implied that Wimpy had to go because he wasn't prepared to do broadcasts?