PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Pathetic sCrUBS "CurseBreaker"

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't know if anyone heard, but the Haray Caray's restaurant that exploded the "Bartman Ball", is now doing something else to break the curse. Get this, they are taking the shreds of the ball, soaking them in Budweiser, and putting them in spaghetti sauce. Then a lucky idiot can order the $12 spaghetti with shreds of a ball in the sauce.

WOW, WOW, WOW. IDIOTS

SOXintheBURGH
02-15-2005, 01:38 PM
I would never let anything that's been inside Wrigley Field even close to me, let alone put it in my mouth.
Idiots.

HebrewHammer
02-15-2005, 01:57 PM
:chunks
"Change mine to the soup!"

eriqjaffe
02-15-2005, 02:13 PM
I would never let anything that's been inside Wrigley Field even close to me, let alone put it in my mouth.At least you'd have the consolation of knowing that the shreds of the ball have never touched Moises Alou's hands.

Fenway
02-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Can we get something straight once and for all time? I NEVER want to be put in the same classification as these morons.

Harry has to be rolling over in his grave.....

DePorter plans to drown the remains of the ball, which was not fully destroyed last year, in Budweiser beer and then combine it with other ingredients to produce a special spaghetti sauce. "The sauce, the suggestion of two Cubs fans, will be poured over pasta and served from February 21-24," DePorter told Sneed. That's the date of the seventh annual worldwide toast to legendary Cubs announcer Harry Caray, who claimed he drank 73,000 cans of beer in his lifetime.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sneed/cst-nws-sneed15.html

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Can we get something straight once and for all time? I NEVER want to be put in the same classification as these morons.

DePorter plans to drown the remains of the ball, which was not fully destroyed last year, in Budweiser beer and then combine it with other ingredients to produce a special spaghetti sauce. "The sauce, the suggestion of two Cubs fans, will be poured over pasta and served from February 21-24," DePorter told Sneed. That's the date of the seventh annual worldwide toast to legendary Cubs announcer Harry Caray, who claimed he drank 73,000 cans of beer in his lifetime.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sneed/cst-nws-sneed15.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sneed/cst-nws-sneed15.html)

I already posted this in What's The Score....

Fenway
02-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I already posted this in What's The Score....

beat me by 5 minutes WEEI is having a field day with this

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 02:22 PM
beat me by 5 minutes WEEI is having a field day with this

To bad a station in Boston is smart enough to pick up on this, while shows in Chicago today are acting like it is so cute.

Foulke You
02-15-2005, 02:28 PM

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sneed/cst-nws-sneed15.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sneed/cst-nws-sneed15.html)

Remember Fenway, the Cubs have the greatest fans in all of baseball. The fact that they are willing to do things like this to break the curse show their intense love and loyalty of their team.

StillMissOzzie
02-15-2005, 02:29 PM
At least you'd have the consolation of knowing that the shreds of the ball have never touched Moises Alou's hands.

LMAO!!! Still, I believe I'll have the fish instead...

SMO
:gulp:

SoxFan76
02-15-2005, 02:33 PM
O M G

Fenway, never again will I classify the Red Sox as the AL Cubs!!! I promise!!!

rdivaldi
02-15-2005, 02:36 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Flubs are an embarrassment to our fair city... :(:

SoxFan78
02-15-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't know if anyone heard, but the Haray Caray's restaurant that exploded the "Bartman Ball", is now doing something else to break the curse. Get this, they are taking the shreds of the ball, soaking them in Budweiser, and putting them in spaghetti sauce. Then a lucky idiot can order the $12 spaghetti with shreds of a ball in the sauce.

WOW, WOW, WOW. IDIOTS

14:55, 14:56, 14:57, 14:58, 14:59, 15:00

Bartman ball 15 minutes of fame officially over.

GET A LIFE CUB FANS!

SoxFan76
02-15-2005, 02:43 PM
How embarassing. I hope this doesn't make SC. Of course it probably will.

MUsoxfan
02-15-2005, 02:45 PM
This, among many many other reasons, is why I will NEVER walk into a restaurant named "Harry Caray's"

Foulke You
02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
How embarassing. I hope this doesn't make SC. Of course it probably will.

Fenway posted on the "talking baseball" boards that WEEI in Boston got a hold of this story and are making fun of them. Thanks for making our city look foolish again Cubs fans. Honestly, what is next for that bunch? Voodoo? An exorcism by a bishop or a cardinal perhaps? Gimme a friggin break.

rdivaldi
02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Just goes to show something that we've all known for a long time.....

Flub fans love to slurp on balls.

:supernana:

SOXintheBURGH
02-15-2005, 03:15 PM
At least you'd have the consolation of knowing that the shreds of the ball have never touched Moises Alou's hands.

ROFL.. so true.

Clembasbal
02-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Just goes to show something that we've all known for a long time.....

Flub fans love to slurp on balls.

:supernana:

LMAO...crazy style.

I hope people choke on that cow-stomach-lining or whatever it is that cover the baseball or is used as twine.

Idiots, all of them.

And yes this will be on Sportscenter, it is on the MLB page on ESPN

rdivaldi
02-15-2005, 03:23 PM
And yes this will be on Sportscenter, it is on the MLB page on ESPN

Great, another black eye on the city by the legions of ball slurpers...

Can we disown these clowns? (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1992179)

Chisox003
02-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Unbelievable

This will not only be on local news, but on Sportscenter and national news too...Can words really describe it? :chunks

Vestigio
02-15-2005, 03:28 PM
I heard about this on the WGN news at Noon. I almost peed my pants when I heard about this.

SOXintheBURGH
02-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Great, another black eye on the city by the legions of ball slurpers...

Can we disown these clowns? (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1992179)

I never wanted to boycott a charity in my life until now.

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I say some of us here from WSI organize a spaghetti dinner, with no other side show. Can anyone think of any clever names we can call it? We might be able to get some media attention so we can at least claim that all of Chicago isn't crazy.

kraut83
02-15-2005, 03:39 PM
On a side note, who knew there was an annual "worldwide" toast to haray caray. Where do I sign up?

DumpJerry
02-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Guys, just how hard are Flub fans trying to make us look like a bunch of country bumpkins? Can't Mayor Daley do something?????? BTW, Fenway, this is not low, it is downright moronic.

:sopranos
Get out of town. Go back to Iowa. Now.

Fenway
02-15-2005, 03:47 PM
I gotta be careful however see there was this piano :tongue:

http://www.cnnsi.com/baseball/news/2002/02/24/ruth_piano_ap/t1_mullin_ap-01.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/.../ruth_piano_ap/ (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/news/2002/02/24/ruth_piano_ap/)

Guys, just how hard are Flub fans trying to make us look like a bunch of country bumpkins? Can't Mayor Daley do something?????? BTW, Fenway, this is not low, it is downright moronic.

SOXintheBURGH
02-15-2005, 03:48 PM
I gotta be careful however see there was this piano :tongue:

http://www.cnnsi.com/baseball/news/2002/02/24/ruth_piano_ap/t1_mullin_ap-01.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/.../ruth_piano_ap/

I was just about to bring that up! :tongue:

TheBull19
02-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Harry Caray, who claimed he drank 73,000 cans of beer in his lifetime.

Is that all?

"If you think you can have a good time without drinking, you're nuts." -Harry Caray

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2005, 04:24 PM

WOW, WOW, WOW. IDIOTSHow would you like to be the guy eating it? If it doesn't work, I can only imagine what they'll do to him next year.:o:

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 04:26 PM
How would you like to be the guy eating it? If it doesn't work, I can only imagine what they'll do to him next year.:o:

The funny/sad thing is that there will be more than one person eating it.

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2005, 04:29 PM
The funny/sad thing is that there will be more than one person eating it.What are they going to do next year, burn them all at the stake?:o:

Why don't they try feeding the ball to a billy goat. Maybe they can close the cycle.:o::o::o:

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 04:34 PM
What are they going to do next year, burn them all at the stake?:o:

Why don't they try feeding the ball to a billy goat. Maybe they can close the cycle.:o::o::o:

I'm surprised they haven't tried the obvious thing of putting the goat on the spit and eating it.

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised they haven't tried the obvious thing of putting the goat on the spit and eating it.How about the even more obvious...get a decent bullpen and hitters who can get on base?

NSSoxFan
02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
How about the even more obvious...get a decent bullpen and hitters who can get on base?

Come on, we all know sCrUB fans have more important things to worry about!

Clembasbal
02-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Watching NBC with Michael Sneed on...she called them "The losing Cubs" (I am sure that was a mess up though).

And then she and the other two goofs mentioned that "AT least it is going to a good cause" at least 5 times when Sneed was done talking about it.

I don't care that it is going to a good cause, they are idiots.

jackbrohamer
02-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Surprisingly, it's on the front of the Cubune's website. The sheer idiocy of Cub fans outruns my ability to make fun of it.

And aren't there health department codes about putting things in food that, you know, aren't food or approved additives?

Hangar18
02-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Another example of just How STUPID these "fans" really are.
Im embarrassed for Chicago. PHG gave me an Electronic Beatdown
the other day, but now ive got a surefire comeback.
BlueCorporation Fan: Hey, your owner is Cheap!
Hangar18: Hey, you morons eat baseballs!

nccwsfan
02-15-2005, 07:02 PM

WOW, WOW, WOW. IDIOTS

Anyone who actually puts this to their mouth is a complete donkey! Being an idiot Cubs fan is one thing, but this is just stupid....

hellenicsoxfan
02-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Okay, so who ranks higher on the Stupid-O-Meter? Is it the idiots who came up with the idea, the morons who actually eat the sauce or the insane media who report this as if it is some great, fun idea?

Jabroni
02-15-2005, 08:46 PM
I can't believe this. How embarrassing. Even true Cubs' fans have to be embarrassed by this.

Erik The Red
02-15-2005, 08:56 PM
:chunks
"Change mine to the soup!"
"Water, my ass! Get this guy some Pepto Bismol!"

Lip Man 1
02-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Actually one of the writers of the Tribune's blog site in the sports section basically wrote that enough is enough.. that this was getting ridiculous.

What a bunch of morons.

Curses don't cause not getting to or winning a World Series...bad players, bad field managers, bad general managers and bad ownership do.

Lip

CubKilla
02-15-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm surprised they haven't tried the obvious thing of putting the goat on the spit and eating it.

It's been done..... sort of. Chicago DJ and self-proclaimed Sox Fan Kevin Matthews roasted a goat at a Wrigleyville watering hole during a broadcast on the Cubs '04 Opening Day.

Jabroni
02-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Actually one of the writers of the Tribune's blog site in the sports section basically wrote that enough is enough.. that this was getting ridiculous.

What a bunch of morons.

Curses don't cause not getting to or winning a World Series...bad players, bad field managers, bad general managers and bad ownership do.

LipNo bullpen, no closer, and a sucky outfield will be the Cubs' culprit in 2005. :wink:

daveeym
02-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Is that all?

"If you think you can have a good time without drinking, you're nuts." -Harry Caray Yeah I think i had about that many drinks in college.

StillMissOzzie
02-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Kind of gives a new meaning to the phrase:

"Hey, you've got ball on your chin"

SMO
:gulp:

itsnotrequired
02-16-2005, 07:34 AM
Lamest...idea...ever. I hope The Cell make churros this year with some of the old, blue seats.

Ol' No. 2
02-16-2005, 09:26 AM

What a bunch of morons.

LipIt's "getting" ridiculous? Where has this guy been?

FireReinsdorf
02-16-2005, 04:11 PM
It's so stupid it's funny.

Anyone else see this as Cubs fans eating crow without realizing it?

I also wonder what chemicals are used to make a baseball...

Is the leather covering bleached to get it white?
What type of dye is used to make the stiching red?
What is used to make the twine?
What type of ink is used to put the logo on the ball?
Who touched the ball before "the play" (are we sure Alou hadn't touched it on a previous play?)

Chisox353014
02-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Geez, just when I think these people can't get any more retarded, they go and prove me wrong. This one doesn't even make sense. As stupid as it was I can at least see some logic in destroying the thing that is supposedly "cursing" you, but eating it? I'm no witch doctor, but if I really believed something was cursing me, the last thing I'd want to do would be eat it. That seems like it would be Voodoo Rule #1.

TommyJohn
02-18-2005, 09:07 AM
THE CURSE AT LAST IS BROKEN!

special to the Sun-Times

Grant DeDorker, owner of "Harry's Not Dead Yet" Restaurant, has at last pulled
off the ultimate curse cure. First, he blew up the Bartman Ball. Then he fed it
to his customers. Last night, he took the curse-breaking to its logical conclu-
sion: He blew up Steve Bartman, then saved the ashes for his customers. Loyal, die hard Cubbie fans now have a choice of Fettucine Alfredo or Fettucine Bartman.

The Blow Up Bartman ceremony began with people assembling together, all
dressed in black cloaks and masks. DeDorker came out dressed in a bright red
cloak and a gold mask. He sang in backwards Rumanian (as did a second man,
Jay Mariotti) while Bartman was brought out. Mr. Bartman was nailed to a
cross, and was wearing only a loincloth, plus the Cubs cap and headphones
that he was wearing on that fateful night that he reached into the air and
deflected the fateful foul ball, an act which broke the heart of this great
nation. He was set in the middle of the floor, then the cross was set on fire.
The crowd sang "Na Na Na Na" while Bartman screamed in agony. It was all
over in a few minutes.

"That'll teach him never to reach for a foul ball!" said Harry Drunkenslob, a
sports radio host on AM 1000. He said it with an evil gleam in his eye.

Jay Mariotti, when asked about the rightness of murdering Bartman, said
"Who cares? Who'll miss him? He's a goof, a jerk, and an idiot. I'll bet he
never even got laid in his life. I've said as much in my first column about
this back when my Cubbies lost, no thanks to him. Well, now he's gone
and the Cubbie curse is lifted. Of that I have no doubt."

DeDorker, when he was asked the same question, replied, "I know it was a
dumb thing to do. But hey. I did it for charity. All the proceeds are being
donated to the 'Stop Me Before I Do Any More Insanely Stupid Things' Fund."

We in the Chicago Media don't condone murder, but it was Bartman after all.
The proceeds are also going to charity, which is something bitter, angry,
resentful White Sox fans who don't have their own fans to burn (they prefer
1st base coaches, snicker snicker) don't want to hear. And if it breaks the
Cubbie Curse, we ask, "why not?"

Ol' No. 2
02-18-2005, 09:31 AM
THE CURSE AT LAST IS BROKEN!

special to the Sun-Times

Grant DeDorker, owner of "Harry's Not Dead Yet" Restaurant, has at last pulled
off the ultimate curse cure. First, he blew up the Bartman Ball. Then he fed it
to his customers. Last night, he took the curse-breaking to its logical conclu-
sion: He blew up Steve Bartman, then saved the ashes for his customers. Loyal, die hard Cubbie fans now have a choice of Fettucine Alfredo or Fettucine Bartman.

The Blow Up Bartman ceremony began with people assembling together, all
dressed in black cloaks and masks. DeDorker came out dressed in a bright red
cloak and a gold mask. He sang in backwards Rumanian (as did a second man,
Jay Mariotti) while Bartman was brought out. Mr. Bartman was nailed to a
cross, and was wearing only a loincloth, plus the Cubs cap and headphones
that he was wearing on that fateful night that he reached into the air and
deflected the fateful foul ball, an act which broke the heart of this great
nation. He was set in the middle of the floor, then the cross was set on fire.
The crowd sang "Na Na Na Na" while Bartman screamed in agony. It was all
over in a few minutes.

"That'll teach him never to reach for a foul ball!" said Harry Drunkenslob, a
sports radio host on AM 1000. He said it with an evil gleam in his eye.

Jay Mariotti, when asked about the rightness of murdering Bartman, said
"Who cares? Who'll miss him? He's a goof, a jerk, and an idiot. I'll bet he
never even got laid in his life. I've said as much in my first column about
this back when my Cubbies lost, no thanks to him. Well, now he's gone
and the Cubbie curse is lifted. Of that I have no doubt."

DeDorker, when he was asked the same question, replied, "I know it was a
dumb thing to do. But hey. I did it for charity. All the proceeds are being
donated to the 'Stop Me Before I Do Any More Insanely Stupid Things' Fund."

We in the Chicago Media don't condone murder, but it was Bartman after all.
The proceeds are also going to charity, which is something bitter, angry,
resentful White Sox fans who don't have their own fans to burn (they prefer
1st base coaches, snicker snicker) don't want to hear. And if it breaks the
Cubbie Curse, we ask, "why not?"

Why the teal?

TommyJohn
02-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Why the teal?
You know, that's actually a very good point.

Iwritecode
02-18-2005, 10:32 AM
"Water, my ass! Get this guy some Pepto Bismol!"

Check please!

(I love that movie.)

The Racehorse
02-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Jim Rome blasts Cubs fans on Bartman Ball (http://www.jimrome.com/home/article/article_3.html) ... nice to see our left coaster hasn't forgot about middle America. :cool:

voodoochile
02-18-2005, 11:46 AM
It's so stupid it's funny.

Anyone else see this as Cubs fans eating crow without realizing it?

I also wonder what chemicals are used to make a baseball...

Is the leather covering bleached to get it white?
What type of dye is used to make the stiching red?
What is used to make the twine?
What type of ink is used to put the logo on the ball?
Who touched the ball before "the play" (are we sure Alou hadn't touched it on a previous play?)

I always understood that baseballs were "stored" in horse manure to keep the leather from drying out. I thought of this when they announced it, but didn't say anything.

Am I nuts? Is this just a myth?

Typical flubbie fans, eating crap and loving it...

Stroker Ace
02-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Budweiser? EEEWWWWWWWWWWWW! sCrUB fans will eat anything.