PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast Schedule

Kogs35
02-14-2005, 11:48 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20050214&content_id=943101&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

only game not on tv is in sept agianst the twinkies since it starts at 11am.

NSSoxFan
02-14-2005, 11:51 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20050214&content_id=943101&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

25 games on WCIU...sucks

1 game in late September against the Twins not televised?...WHY?...sucks

Jabroni
02-14-2005, 11:52 PM
25 games on WCIU...sucksWhy? :?:

NSSoxFan
02-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Why? :?:

The picture is horrible on WCIU. But, in the end, it doesn't matter just as long as I'm watching the Sox.

fuzzy_patters
02-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Why? :?:

It sucks because it is not available to a lot of fans. WCIU cannot be picked up very far from Chicago over the air, and it is not available on dish systems.

Kogs35
02-14-2005, 11:55 PM
25 games on WCIU...sucks

blame the golden gophers football team, and fox

paciorek1983
02-15-2005, 12:04 AM
It figures....the day the Sox clinch the Central.:(:

fusillirob1983
02-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I don't get WCIU down here at school. I've missed a few Bulls games this year too.

Vestigio
02-15-2005, 12:07 AM
It sucks because it is not available to a lot of fans. WCIU cannot be picked up very far from Chicago over the air, and it is not available on dish systems.

My parent pick up WCIU on their dish. They have Dish Network. I was hoping for more WGN or WCIU games since I have no cable or dish in my dorm room.:(:

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Can't believe the first game vs the Twinkies is on WCIU!!! Stupid WGN, who would rather watch their crappy programming over SOX VS TWINS?????:angry::angry:

fuzzy_patters
02-15-2005, 12:09 AM
My parent pick up WCIU on their dish. They have Dish Network. I was hoping for more WGN or WCIU games since I have no cable or dish in my dorm room.:(:

Your parents probably live near Chicago and pick it up as one of their local stations. The rest of us are not so fortunate.

Vestigio
02-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I didnt see where you are from. Sorry you can't catch the WCIU games.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-15-2005, 12:15 AM
The picture is horrible on WCIU. But, in the end, it doesn't matter just as long as I'm watching the Sox.
So true, I used to rip on WCIU's quality all the time, but now I moved and I don't even get WCIU. The low quality broadcasts are better than nothing when it comes to the white sox. It's absolutely painful when you usually watch every game of the season, but can't anymore because you don't get one of the channels. :whiner:

chisoxmike
02-15-2005, 12:25 AM
That could be a big game for the Sox in late September (Sept 17) against the Twins, why can't WE even pick that one up. The excuse becuase its on at 11am is lame!

RowanDye
02-15-2005, 12:30 AM

The worst part for me is that I live too far away to get WCIU and am unable to get to very many games a year, yet I still live within the blackout zone for the MLB gamecast of Sox games. I purchased a game last year on MLB.com that I knew I wouldn't see because it was on WCIU, only to recieve an error message that I wouldn't be able to see the game due to their ridiculous television deals. At least MLB.com quickly refunded my money when I called and pointed out how stupid it was that they WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO PAY MONEY TO SEE A GAME THAT I OTHERWISE COULDN"T SEE!!! :angry:

GiveMeSox
02-15-2005, 01:09 AM
The worst part for me is that I live too far away to get WCIU and am unable to get to very many games a year, yet I still live within the blackout zone for the MLB gamecast of Sox games. I purchased a game last year on MLB.com that I knew I wouldn't see because it was on WCIU, only to recieve an error message that I wouldn't be able to see the game due to their ridiculous television deals. At least MLB.com quickly refunded my money when I called and pointed out how stupid it was that they WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO PAY MONEY TO SEE A GAME THAT I OTHERWISE COULDN"T SEE!!! :angry:

I had the same problem last year. At school my apt complex is not serviced by the incumbent Insight, who does pick up WGN and FSN (now CSN). However all we get is some hotel like cable from directv with like 50 channels, we get WGN but no FSN or CSN like the rest of the cable ready city. So all i could do was do the mlb.tv and watch games on my computer, or tv with a tv out video card. Of course they then tell me I am in the blackout zone for getting local chicago baseball. So i got pissed did a little reserach and found a technical way to get around mlb.tv stupid blackouts. Nothing is going to keep my from watching my sox. The good news is next year im moving into a house and will have the normal insight cable giving me both WGN and CSN as part of the normal lineup.

jenmcm76
02-15-2005, 08:14 AM
That could be a big game for the Sox in late September (Sept 17) against the Twins, why can't WE even pick that one up. The excuse becuase its on at 11am is lame!

WE is Women's Entertainment - I don't see them picking it up... :tongue:

calderon
02-15-2005, 10:20 AM
The picture quality is actually much better on directv for wciu games.

Malgar 12
02-15-2005, 10:31 AM
25 games on WCIU...sucks

Try living in a place that doesn't offer WGN on basic cable.

Niagara
02-15-2005, 10:36 AM
At least we get Sox games once in a while on WGN on cable here in Kansas.

Iwritecode
02-15-2005, 10:45 AM

Am I the only one wondering why they have a game that starts at 11AM??? :?:

I've never seen a game start that early...

Gosox1917
02-15-2005, 10:56 AM

College football game I believe in the afternoon or that evening. The fact nobody will be able to watch it is really gonna suck. The only problem I have with WCIU is that I won't be able to get it when I go back home during the summer in Elkhart. Stupid local channels.

the gooch
02-15-2005, 11:05 AM
cleaned up the broadcast schedule a bit. hope it helps.

Kogs35
02-15-2005, 12:10 PM

because the golden gopher football team has a game at night so they need a few hours to transform the twinkie dome to football

Iwritecode
02-15-2005, 01:11 PM
because the golden gopher football team has a game at night so they need a few hours to transform the twinkie dome to football

Ah, I see now.

They had better hope the game doesn't go into extra innings then! :o:

ChiSoxRowand
02-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Ah, I see now.

They had better hope the game doesn't go into extra innings then! :o:

Last year they had a game go into extra innings when the gophers played that night and they had to finish it the next day.

mweflen
02-15-2005, 01:32 PM
does anyone know - are all the CSN games in HD? I hope so...

SoxFan78
02-15-2005, 02:42 PM
does anyone know - are all the CSN games in HD? I hope so...

I'm pretty sure all the home games on WGN an CSN are in HD

SomebodyToldMe
02-15-2005, 03:12 PM
The picture is horrible on WCIU.

Yeah it does. I call that station the Matrix because it has a sorta green hue to it.

BlackSox
02-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I still live within the blackout zone for the MLB gamecast of Sox games.

A friend of mine here at work buys days games so we can watch them. To get around the blackout, he enters a fake zip code -- one that would not be in the Chicago Blackout area.

You might want to give that a try.

npdempse
02-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Does anybody know if this was printed in Monday's Trib? It wasn't in today's Trib. I've been clipping them out for the past couple of years and pasting them next to my bathroom mirror so I'll know what station to tune into that night, and would like to continue. I understand this is a slightly bizarre practice; I refuse to seek professional help.

Lip Man 1
02-16-2005, 01:29 PM
On Tuesday when the schedules were announced WGN-TV's Rich King has blurbs about both on the 9PM news.

As far as the Tribune I know they did have a story on the Cubs broadcast schedule on their web site but I didn't see anything on the Sox part, at least on the web, perhaps they had something in the print edition.

Lip

champagne030
02-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Does anybody know if this was printed in Monday's Trib? It wasn't in today's Trib. I've been clipping them out for the past couple of years and pasting them next to my bathroom mirror so I'll know what station to tune into that night, and would like to continue. I understand this is a slightly bizarre practice; I refuse to seek professional help.

it was printed on page 7 (2/15 edition) of the cubune.

Kogs35
02-16-2005, 03:26 PM
On Tuesday when the schedules were announced WGN-TV's Rich King has blurbs about both on the 9PM news.

As far as the Tribune I know they did have a story on the Cubs broadcast schedule on their web site but I didn't see anything on the Sox part, at least on the web, perhaps they had something in the print edition.

Lip

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-2005soxschedule,1,7034623.htmlstory?coll=cs-whitesox-navigation

Soxaholic
02-16-2005, 10:34 PM
The Twins haven't even listed a TV provider for the 9/17 game. Unless ESPN pcks up the game or the NCAA game is moved, both vities are going to be staring at the radio for a game that could be crucial to both team's playoff chances. Did I ever mention how much I hate the Twinkee Dome?

MIgrenade
02-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Is there a chance that the 11am game will be picked up by ESPN if there's a division at stake? Since there's no other tv I don't see the problem, but maybe I'm not bright.

anewman35
02-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Is there a chance that the 11am game will be picked up by ESPN if there's a division at stake? Since there's no other tv I don't see the problem, but maybe I'm not bright.

There are weird MLB blackout rules about when games can air on Saturdays, due to rights Fox has. Because of this, unless there is some sort of waiver granted (which I don't see happening), I don't think the game can be aired.

Kogs35
02-17-2005, 12:56 AM
in 2003 fox was going to air a twins rangers game at 11am because they thought it would of implied something. a week before the game the twins changed there mind. therefore if it for the divistion fox still may pick it up and show it in certain markets

npdempse
02-17-2005, 01:04 AM
it was printed on page 7 (2/15 edition) of the cubune.

D'oh! Don't know how I missed it; Thanks!

(Actually, I do know how I missed it--some doofus at the Trib thought he was going to take up less column space by putting it in that illegible format and ended up taking up MORE space and looking nothing like it used to.)

Medford Bobby
02-17-2005, 02:22 AM
:rolleyes: Don't forget MLB extra (money) innings gives a free:cool: preview week.....so will see Opening Day (on CSN) if you have sat or cable!!!!!!!!!!:tongue: My first time using teal.........:o:

Church Turtle
02-17-2005, 09:24 AM

Someone posted in a thread a week or so back that the SOX had a 10 o'clock start for some sort of "Breakfast at the Ballpark" promotion or other. This would have been in the late 70s.
If they had the game in the Humpdome at 9:00 and sold panacukens instead of nachos -I'd make the trip up there for it. Panacuken!:D: