PDA

View Full Version : video clip of Sox-Tigers brawl in 2000

ChiSoxRowand
02-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a video clip of this online?

GiveMeSox
02-13-2005, 09:56 PM

I have been looking myself, cant find any.

HITMEN OF 77
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM

Now that would be something to get a hold of on video. I forgot all about that until now.

chisox06
02-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Ranked #6 alltime in the basebrawl history by ESPN linky (http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/basebrawl.html)
I have been lookin for video on that for a long time.

South Sider
02-14-2005, 07:13 AM
I have the full game (missing 1 inning but no runs ) on DVD. Running Time 2:54
Look at my homepage at www.whitesox1.de (http://www.whitesox1.de)
The quality is only VG but very watchable

I could weed this game to one of you with the possibility to make DVD copies.
I live in Berlin/Germany so it would be easier if one of you would copy the game for all of you guys with interest.

Dominik

PorkChopExpress
02-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Ranked #6 alltime in the basebrawl history by ESPN linky (http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/basebrawl.html)
I have been lookin for video on that for a long time.

I read through that. There's an interesting quote at the end from Chris Osgood:

"But they stood up for themselves pretty good. It's a good way to build camaraderie."

Most definitely. We could have used that last year.

Alanzo
02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
How hard would it be to get me the MPEG-2 file? I could trim down the game to just the brawl quite easily and I'll post the resulting clip (probably something like a WMV) in my webspace. PM me if this is possible.

I have the full game (missing 1 inning but no runs ) on DVD. Running Time 2:54
Look at my homepage at www.whitesox1.de (http://www.whitesox1.de/)
The quality is only VG but very watchable

I could weed this game to one of you with the possibility to make DVD copies.
I live in Berlin/Germany so it would be easier if one of you would copy the game for all of you guys with interest.

Dominik

Foulke You
02-14-2005, 02:35 PM
I was at Comiskey Park for that infamous basebrawl in 2000. The absolute worst baseball fight I've seen in my lifetime and I had the priviledge of being at the ballpark. What often gets forgotten is that the benches and bullpens cleared TWICE in that game and both fights were pretty brutal. Jeff Weaver came out of the clubhouse in a t shirt after being ejected the first time so he could get back in the fight. Maggs showed everyone his karate skills and I remember Frank and Paulie in the middle of the pack throwing people left and right. Robert Fick headed back to the bullpen after the first melee and gave everyone in the RF bleachers the middle finger and the fans immediately pelted him with peanuts and beer cups. Don't mess with South Siders Ficky boy! :D:

I'll never forget Jim Parque's great quote after the 3 game sweep of the Tigers and the brawlgame. I'm paraphrasing here but this was essentially the quote:

"We beat them and we beat their asses, I can't wait until we go to Detroit so we can beat them again!"

Jim Parque turned out to be a profit as the Sox went on to take 2 out of 3 games in Detroit the following week with half the team serving a suspension. What a great team that 2000 club was. One of the funnest years I've had a Sox fan. We're about due for another great season like 2000, Sox fans. I hope '05 is the year for it.

FGarcia34
02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I was at Comiskey Park for that infamous basebrawl in 2000. The absolute worst baseball fight I've seen in my lifetime and I had the priviledge of being at the ballpark. What often gets forgotten is that the benches and bullpens cleared TWICE in that game and both fights were pretty brutal. Jeff Weaver came out of the clubhouse in a t shirt after being ejected the first time so he could get back in the fight. Maggs showed everyone his karate skills and I remember Frank and Paulie in the middle of the pack throwing people left and right. Robert Fick headed back to the bullpen after the first melee and gave everyone in the RF bleachers the middle finger and the fans immediately pelted him with peanuts and beer cups. Don't mess with South Siders Ficky boy! :D:

I'll never forget Jim Parque's great quote after the 3 game sweep of the Tigers and the brawlgame. I'm paraphrasing here but this was essentially the quote:

"We beat them and we beat their asses, I can't wait until we go to Detroit so we can beat them again!"

Jim Parque turned out to be a profit as the Sox went on to take 2 out of 3 games in Detroit the following week with half the team serving a suspension. What a great team that 2000 club was. One of the funnest years I've had a Sox fan. We're about due for another great season like 2000, Sox fans. I hope '05 is the year for it.

Im all for that...and while we're at it, how about seeing Iguchi and Takatsu double team Ordonez. We could watch our Japanese stars go Kung Fu on Ordonez...How great would that be???

And wiping the field with the Tigers wouldn't hurt either, I really dont like them...

However, if I had to pick one team to have a brawl with, it would definitely be Minnesota. Torii " I can only Play Defense" Hunter would get the crap kicked out of him by any of our pitchers...That would bring him down a few pegs.

zach074
02-14-2005, 03:05 PM
That fight helped us win the division in 2000. Hopefully we can have one with the Twins this year.

Foulke You
02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
However, if I had to pick one team to have a brawl with, it would definitely be Minnesota. Torii " I can only Play Defense" Hunter would get the crap kicked out of him by any of our pitchers...That would bring him down a few pegs.

Amen brother! I've been waiting for the Sox to stand up to the chirping Twins. I thought we'd see a doozy between these two teams the past couple seasons but nothing ever happened. I think we could get one in '05 though. It seems to have been boiling for some time now and I think that Hunter play at the plate combined with Garcia plunking Hunter late in the season will provide a situation for tempers to flare sometime in '05. You throw a heated AL Central Pennant race in there and you have a recipe for a brawl. However, I hope it happens early in the season like it did for the '00 Sox. That way, if there are inevitable suspensions, you have time to recover and it could help your team jel as a group. You don't want to risk a division title down the stretch in September for a petty fight with Torii Hunter.

Tekijawa
02-14-2005, 03:20 PM
That was the game were I "fell in Hate" with Robert Fick...:angry:

akingamongstmen
02-14-2005, 03:38 PM
That fight helped us win the division in 2000. Hopefully we can have one with the Twins this year.

I've always wanted to see Frank Thomas throw down with the Twins (or anyone for that matter). We've never really seen him get violent. It would be fantastic. So many questions, though:
Who would he go for first?
Would Torii Hunter set a world record in the high jump when by leaping over the outfield wall in terror?
Would the Big Hurt turn green and bust through his uniform?
Would his own teammates be safe?

shoota
02-14-2005, 03:40 PM
I remember the suspensions handed out were ridiculously unfair to the Sox and less severe for the Tigers.

Mickster
02-14-2005, 03:48 PM
I've always wanted to see Frank Thomas throw down with the Twins (or anyone for that matter). We've never really seen him get violent.

That is because Frank does not suffer from http://www.antsports.com/ffl/A_Images/ICONL0266T8.GIF. :cool:

Baby Fisk
02-14-2005, 04:03 PM
That was the game were I "fell in Hate" with Robert Fick...:angry:

Ah, Fick the Prick. Where is he now? Oh that's right, he's bounced from team to team like the journeyman he is, and now he's unsigned. No one wants him.

SoxPostSeason
02-14-2005, 04:38 PM
I was at that game also. It was the only game i could go to that year because of finacial stuff. I went with my cousins one at the age of 6. We sat right next to the bull pin. I remember getting flicked off by the catcher and then about 20 people started thouging beers on him. I remember grabbing my uncles beer and tossing it on him. The the chant thoughout the stadumd "Detroit Sucks" repeated over and over. THEE BEST GAME IVE EVER BEEN TOO! esp killing them with lk 15 runs or something

shoota
02-14-2005, 08:15 PM
The the chant thoughout the stadumd "Detroit Sucks" repeated over and over. THEE BEST GAME IVE EVER BEEN TOO! esp killing them with lk 15 runs or something

Yeah, IIRC, No Swing had a heck of a game.

awesomefan
02-15-2005, 02:14 AM
I got that basebrawl fight with the tiggers on video tape. I remember what all you guys say so far except no one mentioned how after Keith Foulke got sucker punched he ended up on the ground and one of the tiggers pitchers named Patterson was kicking someone when they were down on the ground in a pile of players. I think he might have been kicking Keith Foulke. Anyway Keith ended up with a cut that required 5 stitches by his eye.:mad:

Does anyone remember seeing Patterson kicking someone when they were down on the ground?:angry:

It was really awesome the next day when Keith came in to close the game & slam the door on those tiggers with those stitches in his head. I'll never forget how Palmer came out to the mound & tried to rip Jim Parques head off.:o:

Jabroni
02-15-2005, 03:46 AM
Yeah, IIRC, No Swing had a heck of a game.Yep, Singleton went 5 for 5. He had 3 singles, a double, a homer, and 5 RBI's! We absolutely rocked Jeff Weaver that day. :tongue: Here's the box score...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/2000/20000422/boxscore/detchw.html

Chez
02-15-2005, 01:12 PM
I thought it was Higginson and Juan Samuel who blindsided Foulke. Anyway, I was sitting in the leftfield bleachers for a game against Tampa last year. Guess who was in leftfield for the Rays? Robert Fick. After being abused for 6 innings (my kids thought the chants of "Fick You, Fick You" were hysterical), he took himself out of the game. Sox fans have long memories.