PDA

View Full Version : Help Finding Sox Pictures

Stoky44
02-13-2005, 08:21 PM
I am starting a collection of chicago sports pictures and was looking to buy some sox pictures to frame. The thing is with the Bulls and Bears there are many "classic shots" of specific players or plays. As for the Sox I am looking in particular for two pictures that I could buy, the first is when the sox won the division in 1993 and the picture shows karko jumping up on the pitcher. The second pic I am in search of is when Konerko slid into home plate in 2001 up at Minn. while holding a beer after they won the division. I can't think of to many other "classic shots". If you guys know where I could find and be able to buy these pictures I would greatly appreciate that, also if you guys think of any other great pics to search for I would like the advice. Thanks

Brian26
02-13-2005, 08:50 PM
If you guys know where I could find and be able to buy these pictures I would greatly appreciate that, also if you guys think of any other great pics to search for I would like the advice. Thanks

There's a classic newswire photo that I see on Ebay every so often. It's of Aparacio and Fox, both standing near secondbase, in the act of turning a doubleplay. It's black and white, and they're wearing their road uni's. Just a classic photo.

popilius
02-13-2005, 11:30 PM
You also might want to try calling the Baseball Hall of Fame library. I've done it before.

Just go to the website, and look for the number for the photo library- they have millions of photos. I've actually requested a few photos myself this way (1959 Sox pics). You can describe the photos you want, and they either call or email you back if they have it. When I did it a few years ago, they sent me a free xerox copy of the picture, along with an order form to buy the glossy picture.

:gulp:

asboog
02-14-2005, 12:15 AM
You might try this site. http://www.chicago-baseball-photos.com/
Now I don't know if they sell pictures or if they are even allowed to but you can get in contact with them and find out. If nothing else it will give you a wider selection of things to look for in other places.

HITMEN OF 77
02-14-2005, 12:54 AM
You might try this site. http://www.chicago-baseball-photos.com/
Now I don't know if they sell pictures or if they are even allowed to but you can get in contact with them and find out. If nothing else it will give you a wider selection of things to look for in other places.

Leo had a booth at Soxfest full of great White Sox photos for sale. Many rare and unusual shots. I'm sure he still has some for sale. Go to the site and drop him a line.

Stoky44
02-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.