PDA

View Full Version : Canseco on 60 Minutes NOW

NSSoxFan
02-13-2005, 07:12 PM
He is on, watch it.

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Did he say anything worth noting?? I'm guessing not....

NSSoxFan
02-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Did he say anything worth noting?? I'm guessing not....

No, not really. The most interesting part of the piece, actually the only interesting part, was the short interview with Tony LaRussa. I was very disappointed to see him say that everything in Canseco's book is fabricated.

Overall, nothing new, and I'm actually sorry I made a post about it.

RedPinStripes
02-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Canseco gives terrible interviews unless he's patting himself on the back for one. 2, he says all these guy are on roids, but most of his answers are . "You'll have to buy the book and find out" .Disgruntled money hungry rat steroid freak has-been conceeded Madonna std spreading piece of ****.

And yes, that is slander.

WinningUgly!
02-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Canseco gives terrible interviews unless he's patting himself on the back for one. 2, he says all these guy are on roids, but most of his answers are . "You'll have to buy the book and find out" .Disgruntled money hungry rat steroid freak has-been conceeded Madonna std spreading piece of ****.

And yes, that is slander.

I heard that in the book, he denies ever sleeping with Madonna. He says they just "made out".

Rocklive99
02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure which was more disturbing, all the steroid accusations, or all the references of going into a bathroom stall together

Banix12
02-13-2005, 09:15 PM
That interview may have hurt Canseco quite a bit because Mike Wallace was able to get him to admit that there were exaggerations in the book. I'm referring to that whole sequence where Mike Wallace talked about how "Jose injected McGwire often" but then Jose said he only injected him twice.

There were a couple other times where he seemed to be backing off some of the statements coming out in the news. Not denying the statements, but explaining the actions in a different way as if trying to clarify the statements in his book.

RedPinStripes
02-13-2005, 09:22 PM
That interview may have hurt Canseco quite a bit because Mike Wallace was able to get him to admit that there were exaggerations in the book. I'm referring to that whole sequence where Mike Wallace talked about how "Jose injected McGwire often" but then Jose said he only injected him twice.

There were a couple other times where he seemed to be backing off some of the statements coming out in the news. Not denying the statements, but explaining the actions in a different way as if trying to clarify the statements in his book.

It's a shame, the guy was on pace to be a lock HOF and now he's just a joke trying desperatly to grab any attention he can.

WU:
Do you believe it? :D:

I_Liked_Manuel
02-13-2005, 11:53 PM
after watching that tonight, i think canseco should come out with his own brand of steroid

shoota
02-14-2005, 12:44 AM
I have two new issues with Jason Giambi.

1) It's real convenient for him to admit he has taken steroids over the courses of three seasons, STARTING in 2001. I believe Giambi is continuing to lie about his history with steroids, and that he was taking steroids during the 2000 season. It is in Giambiís best interest to lie about his 2000 steroid use because if he did admit cheating in 2000, he would receive mass criticism suggesting he forfeit his MVP to non-cheater, Frank Thomas.

Here's why I believe Giambi to have been juicing during the 2000 season:

A) The 2000 season was his best statistical season in his entire career. If he were not on steroids in 2000, and put up MVP numbers without steroids, he'd have little incentive to start taking steroids.

B) Assuming Giambi is truthful in saying he didnít start juicing until 2001, I find it hard to believe that a playerís power numbers would decrease when taking roids.

2) He publicly rips Canseco and his credibility, when it is Giambiís credibility that should be questioned. Does Giambi expect the public to believe that he does not know how rampant steroid use in MLB is? Does Giambi expect us to believe him when he rips Cansecoís credibility, as if Giambi knows of no other steroid users in MLB? Giambi, you have less credibility in my eyes than Canseco.

So no, Jason Giambi, I do not accept your part-truth, hidden facts ďapology.Ē And neither does the all-natural, three-time MVP, [Gene Honda voice] Frank Thomas [Gene Honda voice].

MUsoxfan
02-14-2005, 12:45 AM
The real interview will be the one he has with Howard Stern. He's scheduled to come in next week.

ChiSoxRowand
02-14-2005, 12:51 AM
The real interview will be the one he has with Howard Stern. He's scheduled to come in next week.

Don't they show it on TV like a week-week 1/2 later?

NSSoxFan
02-14-2005, 01:22 AM

Really?

Keep me informed as to when, I don't listen to Howard, but I wanna hear his interview.

MUsoxfan
02-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Don't they show it on TV like a week-week 1/2 later?

Yeah...usually. If it's really good they show it later in the same week

Banix12
02-14-2005, 04:38 AM
I have two new issues with Jason Giambi.

1) It's real convenient for him to admit he has taken steroids over the courses of three seasons, STARTING in 2001. I believe Giambi is continuing to lie about his history with steroids, and that he was taking steroids during the 2000 season. It is in Giambiís best interest to lie about his 2000 steroid use because if he did admit cheating in 2000, he would receive mass criticism suggesting he forfeit his MVP to non-cheater, Frank Thomas.

Here's why I believe Giambi to have been juicing during the 2000 season:

A) The 2000 season was his best statistical season in his entire career. If he were not on steroids in 2000, and put up MVP numbers without steroids, he'd have little incentive to start taking steroids.

B) Assuming Giambi is truthful in saying he didnít start juicing until 2001, I find it hard to believe that a playerís power numbers would decrease when taking roids.

2) He publicly rips Canseco and his credibility, when it is Giambiís credibility that should be questioned. Does Giambi expect the public to believe that he does not know how rampant steroid use in MLB is? Does Giambi expect us to believe him when he rips Cansecoís credibility, as if Giambi knows of no other steroid users in MLB? Giambi, you have less credibility in my eyes than Canseco.

So no, Jason Giambi, I do not accept your part-truth, hidden facts ďapology.Ē And neither does the all-natural, three-time MVP, [Gene Honda voice] Frank Thomas [Gene Honda voice].

My figure Giambi was juicing beforehand but he wasn't using BALCO as his supplier, so when he admitted to using steroids starting in 2001 he was referring to how long he used the BALCO products. Not all of his past activity with performance enhancers. He probably got them from a different supplier before 2001.

SOXintheBURGH
02-14-2005, 12:07 PM
I heard that in the book, he denies ever sleeping with Madonna. He says they just "made out".

Nobody "just makes out" with Madonna.

MUsoxfan
02-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Canseco to be on Stern sometime Thursday morning. For those in Chicago, he's on 5am-10am on 105.9......I imagine that he'll be alot more hard-hitting than any of those mopes from 60 minutes and CBS News

misty60481
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Is Jose still taking steroids?? He is 40 yrs. old and looks in better shape than the younger supposedly steroid abusers--look at Giambi--Sosa they look a shell of there former self--I havent seen a picture of Bonds since his knee operation--but if he comes out a lot thinner I am going to wonder---why hasnt Jose lost weight???