PDA

View Full Version : Metrodome now has a subway stop

Fenway
02-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Was surprised to discover this week that you can now travel by rail from the Minneapolis Airport to the Metrodome.

Being Minnesota the passengers buy their fares on the "honor" system. That wouldn't last long in Boston :smile:

http://metrotransit.org/rail/stations/04_metrodome.asp

ma-gaga
02-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Was surprised to discover this week that you can now travel by rail from the Minneapolis Airport to the Metrodome.

Being Minnesota the passengers buy their fares on the "honor" system. That wouldn't last long in Boston :smile:

uh yeah, but the fine is a staggering $150 if you are caught. That seems really high to me.

The couple of times I rode it, they have always asked for my "ticket".

maurice
02-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Public transportation in Italy works the same way.

D. TODD
02-14-2005, 12:35 PM
They may not have the Vikings playing there anymore though. A businessman from Arizona bought the team today. Without a new stadium and the like, it seems to be a good possability that L.A. may finally have a N.F.L. team again. I think the pricetag was 363 million.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-14-2005, 12:50 PM
uh yeah, but the fine is a staggering $150 if you are caught. That seems really high to me.

The couple of times I rode it, they have always asked for my "ticket".

You are obviously suspicious-looking. Must be the Twins cap on your head.
:wink:

ma-gaga
02-14-2005, 01:19 PM
I think the pricetag was 363 million.

I think you misread the sale price. The local rumor is $625MM was what the sale price was. I can understand if the number is $633, and you accidently switched a couple of numbers. The T-Wolves owner WANTED to buy the team, but I think he waited too long and bid too little. Maybe if the Fowler financing falls thru, or if the NFL owners reject his bid Taylor will swoop in, but we'll see.

The Vikes have a "iron clad" lease until 2011. I'm assuming that Red McCombs TRIED to break it every conceivable way without attempting to file a lawsuit. I know, it's all about money. If you pay enough, you can break any lease. But I highly doubt that they can/will.

You are obviously suspicious-looking. Must be the Twins cap on your head

I know. I get the dirtiest looks sometimes. Damn fry chef keeps giving me Mayo on my burger. Talk about lousy service. :cool:

D. TODD
02-14-2005, 02:28 PM
sorry, typo with the number. It was 633 that I heard reported as the price.

Foulke You
02-14-2005, 05:30 PM

Methinks that would get abused a bit in Chi-town as well. LOL.:D:

AZChiSoxFan
02-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Public transportation in Italy works the same way.

:sopranos .....And if you don't pay, you get to deal with us.

StillMissOzzie
02-14-2005, 11:51 PM

I'm shocked - I didn't know Minneapolis even HAD rail service!!!

SMO
:o:

dcb33
02-15-2005, 01:21 AM
They may not have the Vikings playing there anymore though. A businessman from Arizona bought the team today. Without a new stadium and the like, it seems to be a good possability that L.A. may finally have a N.F.L. team again. I think the pricetag was 363 million.

Moving the Vikings to LA would be great for the NFC North:
Chicago
Detroit
Green Bay
Los Angeles(?)

Even though I really don't like the Vikings, it would suck if they moved out of Minnesota, given all the tradition, history, and great rivalries in the NFC North.