PDA

View Full Version : Heard on the Score this morning: Healthy Freddy Garcia?

Cell Jerry!
02-13-2005, 03:01 PM
This was discussed briefly this morning on the Score, and I think it's noteworthy to mention here. What has been said of Freddy Garcia's health? If you remember, he was shut down the last month of the season. I have yet to hear an update in regards to his status. Let's hope he can give us 200+ innings in the #2 spot.

Ol' No. 2
02-13-2005, 03:04 PM
This was discussed briefly this morning on the Score, and I think it's noteworthy to mention here. What has been said of Freddy Garcia's health? If you remember, he was shut down the last month of the season. I have yet to hear an update in regards to his status. Let's hope he can give us 200+ innings in the #2 spot.Garcia wasn't shut down. He missed 2 starts at the end of August with some forearm tightness.

NSSoxFan
02-13-2005, 03:11 PM
This was discussed briefly this morning on the Score, and I think it's noteworthy to mention here. What has been said of Freddy Garcia's health? If you remember, he was shut down the last month of the season. I have yet to hear an update in regards to his status. Let's hope he can give us 200+ innings in the #2 spot.

Leave it to the great hosts of the Score Sunday morning show to accurately analyze the White Sox.

duke of dorwood
02-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Just specu;ation by one of their 15 regular callers.

I'm not concerned.

balke
02-13-2005, 03:35 PM
The only thing wrong w/ Freddie was this team's pitching staff was ill-managed, and put on a 4-man rotation mid season. Garcia has been quoted as saying he likes 6 days inbetween starts for rest. Remember 2nd half of last season, we only had 4 off days, 4 starters, and no long reliever. That was killer on his arm, i think it had something to do with Contreres getting rocked too.

Stroker Ace
02-13-2005, 03:43 PM
The Score repoting accurately o the Sox. HAHAHAHAHA

SOXSINCE'70
02-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Did anyone hear that kubbie kool-aid lover Ofman this
morning?? Hawk Harrelson didn't get on the air until
10:20.Who's his first guest right out of the box??
New sCrUBS play by play goof Len Kasper.:angry: :angry:

Sooooooooo typical!!:mad: :mad:

SOXSINCE'70
02-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah,the SNORE isn't too biased,are they????:D: :D: :D:

tacosalbarojas
02-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Just specu;ation by one of their 15 regular callers.

I'm not concerned.
Good catch, Duke. Yeah, that was "Stan from Bellwood" one of those guys who likes to pass himself off as an expert by mentioning things no one has brought up in a while. In this case, it was a real overreach on his part. Whoever said he missed two starts is correct, and he did come back to start at least once at the very end of the season, if I recall correctly. I'm sure if there were more of a race he would have pitched through it.

Chisox003
02-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Freddy made 5 starts in September....His last one was on September 29, he went 7 innings, 0 ER against Detroit...

I think he missed a start in late August and one in early september....Hes fine

Cmonnnn Spring Training

MisterB
02-13-2005, 05:11 PM
The only thing wrong w/ Freddie was this team's pitching staff was ill-managed, and put on a 4-man rotation mid season. Garcia has been quoted as saying he likes 6 days inbetween starts for rest. Remember 2nd half of last season, we only had 4 off days, 4 starters, and no long reliever. That was killer on his arm, i think it had something to do with Contreres getting rocked too.

This is just wrong. The four man rotation lasted for all of a week, and Buehrle and Garland were the only pitchers to go on 3 days' rest. Garcia never pitched on less than 4 days' rest. And the only official quote I can find concerning Garica on 6 days' rest is this one:

With Monday being an off day, Garcia and Contreras would both have an extra day off without skipping Diaz.

"The last time Garcia threw with six days' rest was real tough, and he told me he doesn't like to have another day off," Guillen said.

santo=dorf
02-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I remember him pitching only 5 innings in Texas after missing those two starts, but he was still very impressive.
5 IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 8 K's.

Can't wait for an entire year of Freddy Garcia with the Sox. :yup:

Cubbiesuck13
02-14-2005, 01:51 AM
This is just wrong. The four man rotation lasted for all of a week, and Buehrle and Garland were the only pitchers to go on 3 days' rest. Garcia never pitched on less than 4 days' rest. And the only official quote I can find concerning Garica on 6 days' rest is this one:

Good catch MisterB. I thought that was wrong and I was wondering about the man who says he needs 6 days rest.