PDA

View Full Version : Gammons continues with the Twins lovefest.

santo=dorf
02-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Gammons is on ESPNews talking about how he sees the Twins winning the World Series with Maurer and Morneau.
Didn't this moron say the Twins would win the WS before the start of last season only to say that the Sox would win it after the Freddy Garcia trade?
:rolleyes:

JUribe1989
02-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Gammons is on ESPNews talking about how he sees the Twins winning the World Series with Maurer and Morneau.
Didn't this moron say the Twins would win the WS before the start of last season only to say that the Sox would win it after the Freddy Garcia trade?

I watched the hot list when he said the Sox would win the world series the day of the Garcia trade, and about how they just beat the Cubs and how much that meant.

Chicago83
02-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah I heard this and was pretty surprised when he said that. He also said that baseball was so popular last year because the cubs, red sox, and yankees were good. The more I hear from Gammons the more of an idiot he becomes.

NSSoxFan
02-13-2005, 02:57 PM
WHO CARES.

I must have been in another dimension for some time, because I didn't realize Major League Baseball now decides the victors based on what idiot sports reporters predict...

Jerome
02-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Morneau and Mauer are very good prospects, but unless they get a little better starting pitching, I don't see them advancing past the first or maybe the second round. (If they even make it to the playoffs this year.)

idseer
02-13-2005, 03:20 PM
it's pretty funny watching you guys still hanging on gammons every word ... despite tha fact you claim he's an idiot.

NSSoxFan
02-13-2005, 03:22 PM
it's pretty funny watching you guys still hanging on gammons every word ... despite tha fact you claim he's an idiot.

Amen.

BridgePortNative
02-13-2005, 03:26 PM
exactly, it's like people complaining about the Cubune when everyone know they will never give us recognition

SOXintheBURGH
02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
exactly, it's like people complaining about the Cubune when everyone know they will never give us recognition

I know.. people complain about the Cubune way too much. If you know that they own the Cubs; why do you bother buying it, subscribing for it, or reading it online?

Stroker Ace
02-13-2005, 04:59 PM
When people complain on how ESPN gives he Yankees coverage, they suck up to the twinkies to show they care about small maket teams.

MRKARNO
02-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Let him say it. The more he does, the less likely it will happen.

:boston

"Well obviously (insert team name here) will win the World Series this year."

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, paying attention to what Gammons has to say is silly. Last year, between ESPN.com, ESPN TV, and ESPN The Mag, he had the White Sox, Royals, and Twins winning the central. Guess he was right, huh? :rolleyes:

PAPChiSox729
02-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Mauer and Morneau are very good players. With that said, I still don't think that the Twins have championship caliber players. I just ignore these clowns. Remember how the Royals were going to win the division last season? How far did they get?

LongLiveFisk
02-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Mauer and Morneau are very good players. With that said, I still don't think that the Twins have championship caliber players. I just ignore these clowns. Remember how the Royals were going to win the division last season? How far did they get?

Exactly. And didn't Gammons actually predict last year that the Cubs would win the World Series? (Even though you sometimes have to remind their fans that THEY didn't!)

MeanFish
02-13-2005, 11:34 PM
The point of all of these guys isn't to be right or wrong, it's to evoke response. Agree or disagree, but don't get mad either way. It's not worth the wasted energy.

Jjav829
02-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I think Gammons has his own calendar, much like the Chinese calendar. This year for Gammons is, The Year of the Mauer.

You watch, I'll find a way to talk about Joe Mauer in every column, TV or radio appearance.

MUsoxfan
02-15-2005, 09:51 AM
I think Gammons has his own calendar, much like the Chinese calendar. This year for Gammons is, The Year of the Mauer.

You watch, I'll find a way to talk about Joe Mauer in every column, TV or radio appearance.

I'd much rather a Mauer be talked about in every article than a Prior or Woods be talked about at every chance. At least with Mauer and the Twins being mentioned, the White Sox get mentioned by default alot of times. Especially when the Sox give the Twins a good run and have no choice but to talk about us.