PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Astacio

beausox
07-25-2001, 10:55 PM
Rotowire.com says Sox are trying to make a trade to the Rockies for Astacio. Rockies want young pitching. KW wants to include Clayton in the deal.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2001, 10:57 PM
I doubt it, if you listen to rumors last year they wanted Kip and Garland.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by beausox
Rotowire.com says Sox are trying to make a trade to the Rockies for Astacio. Rockies want young pitching. KW wants to include Clayton in the deal.

Hmmmm......

If he gets rid of Astacio, that would be good, but the only thing I can think we'd do with Pedro is turn right around and trade him again....

Given the depth of the pitchers we got, this could be an interesting deal. There are obviously, some non-tradeable pitchers, such as:

Buehrle, Kip, Garland, Rauch, Wright, Honel. I'd say guys like Stewart, West, Fogg, and Stumm are "on-the-verge" players, meaning we'd need to get more (like a 2B or C to give these guys up).

The only way I would go for this deal is if we would take Astacio and trade him to someone for a position player we need, such as a 2B or a C.

doublem23
07-25-2001, 11:06 PM
BTW, beausox, could you put a link for wear you read that Astacio-Clayton&minor-league pitcher deal?

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2001, 11:15 PM
From the Denver Post:

While the plan is to make Uribe and Ortiz the Rockies' double-play combination for years to come, sources say the Rockies are working on another deal that would involve a veteran shortstop. The Chicago White Sox, who are trying to move Royce Clayton, are among the latest teams to jump in on Rockies pitcher Pedro Astacio, who sources say will be dealt by the Tuesday trading deadline. royce (http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1002,96%257E75038,00.html)

doublem23
07-25-2001, 11:16 PM
Gracias JM

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2001, 11:19 PM
:hitless
I'm not going anywhere, I am just to good to be traded.

Tragg
07-25-2001, 11:45 PM
What's the deal with astocio? He has awful numbers, even outside of coors field.
I assume kw has an ace up his sleeve for our shortstop of the future.

doublem23
07-26-2001, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
What's the deal with astocio? He has awful numbers, even outside of coors field.
I assume kw has an ace up his sleeve for our shortstop of the future.

KW? Ace up sleeve? thinking about the future? I don't think we're talking about the same KW.

beausox
07-26-2001, 11:21 AM
The link is www.rotowire.com/baseball/latestnews.htm. ON the side there is a search box. Type in Astacio's name. His name will then come up. Click on it and it will give you all the updates on him.