PDA

View Full Version : A quick laugh

GASHWOUND
10-24-2001, 07:59 PM
Here is something that made me chuckle. I was flipping through the listings on my cable and at 8.30 pm on FSN they'll be showing CUBS REVIEW: A recap of the '2000 season. WHAT! Isn't that the same season the Flubs lost 97 games?! Why wouldn't they be showing SOX REVIEW: A recap of the '2000 season. We actually did something that year. Bu I doubt they'll be showing that anytime soon.

RKMeibalane
10-24-2001, 08:45 PM
That "just goes to show" how pathetic the situation is. Every media outlet is, no matter how many times they deny it, biased. They push the Cubs over the Sox time and time again. I really believe that if the White Sox ever have a player who challenges Bonds' record that the Tribune will still give the Cubs the front page the day after the record falls. Somewhere on the third page will be an article that says "'Player X' Hits 74!"

Nellie_Fox
10-25-2001, 12:10 PM
You guys just don't understand subtle distinctions. Allow me to illustrate.

The '69 Cubs excited and electrified an entire city. Who can forget Santo clicking his heels after each hard fought victory? The birth of the Bleacher Bums? Tributes and reunions must be held for decades afterward. Virtually the entire starting lineup belongs in the Hall of Fame.

By comparison, the '64 and '67 Sox were teams that just didn't get it done. It was there for the taking, but they didn't have the character. The members of those teams are best forgotten.

There. Now do you understand the difference? Do you now see why Cub non-championship seasons are worthy of revisiting, while Sox non-championship seasons are best assigned to the dustbin of history?

Ahh, you'll probably never get it, you knuckle dragger.

Iwritecode
10-25-2001, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
The birth of the Bleacher Bums?

Personally, I would be just fine if this never happened.

RKMeibalane
10-25-2001, 06:02 PM
We would all be better off if there were no Cubs, period.

Soxheads
10-25-2001, 06:52 PM
would Milwaukee be our archrivals then?