PDA

View Full Version : Yea, Right...

NSSoxFan
02-11-2005, 09:32 PM
There is a new Q&A on the Twins site about their proposed new ballpark. As much as I would love for the crap that is known as the Metrodome to go away, I don't see this happening.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/min/news/min_news.jsp?ymd=20050210&content_id=941622&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp

Jabroni
02-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I wonder if the Twins could manage to build a heating system in this proposed ballpark that blows their pop-flies out of the park for homers. :rolleyes:

Nellie_Fox
02-12-2005, 12:54 AM
There is no political support to build a taxpayer-funded stadium for the Twins or the Vikings. The public is strongly opposed, and any politician would be in trouble if he/she supported while there are considerable budget problems in Minnesota.

The only publicly-financed stadium that may have a chance to fly is an on-campus football stadium for the University of Minnesota. Being in the Metrodome hurts their recruiting and kills their attendance. As several politicians have said, the Gophers are the only team that can't pick up and move after a new home is built.

Whitesox029
02-12-2005, 01:54 AM
I wonder if the Twins could manage to build a heating system in this proposed ballpark that blows their pop-flies out of the park for homers. :rolleyes:
Not a chance! The Twins are WAY too classy an organization to pull something like that.

C-Dawg
02-14-2005, 06:54 PM
What ever happened with Bud Selig's proposal to have the Twins GO AWAY? Now THAT was a plan I could support!

Ol' No. 2
02-14-2005, 09:27 PM
What ever happened with Bud Selig's proposal to have the Twins GO AWAY? Now THAT was a plan I could support!No way. They're not going out on top. FIRST we kick their asses. Then they can go away.:D: