PDA

View Full Version : Getting hitched at The Cell

SpammySosa
02-11-2005, 09:31 PM
This was on whitesox.com earlier:

CHICAGO -- Chicago White Sox fans now can express their love for each other -- and the White Sox -- with a new wedding experience at U.S. Cellular Field. Just in time for Valentine's Day and the ensuing marriage proposals, the club has announced a new component to the "Sox Experience" program introduced last year which allows couples to say "I Do" inside U.S. Cellular Field on both game days and non-game days.

Buyers of the Wedding Experience may be married on the field, the warning track or the center field Fan Deck. Weddings can accommodate up to 200 guests, depending on the location of the ceremony, and the wedding party may take photographs on the field afterward with their own wedding photographer.

"This is the perfect option for White Sox fans who want a unique and memorable wedding day," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox vice president of marketing. "Grooms who intend to get down on one knee on Valentine's Day will want to help plan these nuptials, and they're a great surprise for women who want to plan a special destination for their baseball-loving fiancÚs. The White Sox can create the perfect party for any size group."

Prices vary based on number of guests and location of the ceremony within the ballpark. Options and upgrades include booking ballpark organist Nancy Faust and requesting scoreboard messages and in-park music. Receptions catered by Levy Restaurants and limousine service for the bride and groom after the ceremony also are available. For more information on planning a wedding at U.S. Cellular Field, guests may contact Martha Black at the White Sox via phone at (312) 674-5396 or via email at soxexperience@chisox.com.

Jabroni
02-11-2005, 09:33 PM
All profits go straight into Uncle Jerry's wallet.

:reinsy
"Damn straight, Jabroni!"

guillen4life13
02-12-2005, 01:35 AM

B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S

That is fundamentally what JR is in this for, and he's gonna find ways to do it. I see nothing wrong with that to the point of having to criticize it (if you are... or I'm just not interpreting you correctly).

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-12-2005, 01:48 AM
I have no problem with JR making money if it's with a cool idea such as this. I'm sure it's costly, but I think it would be awesome to get married at the Cell. Now all I have to do is become a bit older, get a lot of money, and find a wife. :wink:

DaveIsHere
02-12-2005, 02:05 AM
I got engaged at the Cell, well Comiskey in 2001:D:

Been happily married since '03

FightingBillini
02-12-2005, 03:58 AM
I got engaged at the Cell, well Comiskey in 2001:D:

Been happily married since '03

Congrats. Thats probably where Im gonna do it too. Her dad proposed to her mom at the old park, so I will want to keep with family tradition. :D: However, it will probably be a few more years still, I've got to wait until I get through law school. As for the actual wedding, thats gonna be in a church and I have no say in it:cool: .

Steelrod
02-12-2005, 12:14 PM

I would guess that you'd have a problem with Uncle Jer if you wanted to get married at the Cell and couldn't!

A.T. Money
02-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't mind getting hitched at the Cell, but unfortunately I think the party will be more than 200. Also, it's getting her to go with it. I think you gotta marry a girl like Steff to get your way on this one boys...

steff
02-12-2005, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't mind getting hitched at the Cell, but unfortunately I think the party will be more than 200. Also, it's getting her to go with it. I think you gotta marry a girl like Steff to get your way on this one boys...

LOL... so true, so true.

We have friends getting married there in May 2 weeks after we are getting married. And no.. we're not getting married there. The only reason is because it's going to be a small affair and I didn't want to spend a ton. The cost isn't bad there though. It's well within the cost of other places in the city.

Palehose13
02-12-2005, 05:09 PM

LOL...yeah. I don't know how my girl will go for it, unless I could somehow involve horses. But then again, I don't know if the White Sox organization would be willing to have my ceremony...and if they wouldn't it's all good.

Kogs35
02-12-2005, 07:49 PM
the rangers also have wedding take place at ameriquest field. it was on a wedding story, and it was preety cool

akingamongstmen
02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
I half-jokingly mentioned this idea to my fiance a little while ago, and this is what she looked like: :mad:

Magglios_Girl
02-12-2005, 08:03 PM
this is what she looked like: :mad:
:rolling: