PDA

View Full Version : Question about seating in section 108

cbrownson13
02-11-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm planning on purchasing tickets for a Tigers game and preferred right field, section 108 pops up and says there is possible obstructed views in this area. I know the foul pole is there, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with sitting in that area and if it is really a problem. I sat on the opposite side, section 156 before, but was far enough to one side where it wasn't a problem. I didn't know if there was a situation where it would be tough to see the action in that area. Thanks.

ewokpelts
02-11-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm planning on purchasing tickets for a Tigers game and preferred right field, section 108 pops up and says there is possible obstructed views in this area. I know the foul pole is there, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with sitting in that area and if it is really a problem. I sat on the opposite side, section 156 before, but was far enough to one side where it wasn't a problem. I didn't know if there was a situation where it would be tough to see the action in that area. Thanks.
Not too bad....stay left of the pole...and you'll be ok...
Gene

jabrch
02-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Other than the foul pole, there are no obstructions in that section. I've sat there before. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

DaleJRFan
02-11-2005, 05:13 PM

I don't think the foul pole will keep Magglio from hearing your booooos... :tongue:

If you would like to stay in the right field area, maybe you could try for seats up the firstbase line. Sections 111-115 offer a good view. I am sure that there are better seats available other than section 108. The way ticketmaster's web site works, it doesn't consider the actual human factor in deciding what seats are really "best available", rather which ever are considered best mathematically. There are most likely decent seats in sections 104, 105 or 106... but in row 20 or higher. Unfortunately, there is no way (that I know of at least) to directly specify what section/row you want.

Is there such a way??? If so, I'd like to know. I don't feel like paying extra chedda for seats just so I can pick them instead of letting a computer pick them for me...

fusillirob1983
02-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm not a big fan of section 108, but I've been stuck behind the pole both times I've been there.