PDA

View Full Version : Nice Q&A with Shingo

Gosox1917
02-11-2005, 03:04 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050211&content_id=941972&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Nice article with Shingo at the official website. He talks about how great the fans were the past season. Said the weather is cold in the winter, but overall the city is great. Also, mentioned how great he felt to be in the middle of the Cubs/Sox series and really admired how seriously we took the cross-town series. Good article, Shingo Rocks!

SoxxoS
02-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Good article. Shingo seems like a great guy. Everything except referring to Shamme as "one of the best players in the game."

BRDSR
02-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Good article. Shingo seems like a great guy. Everything except referring to Shamme as "one of the best players in the game."

Shingo's got to be professional about everything. Fortunately, we don't. :cool:

rdivaldi
02-11-2005, 03:10 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20050211&content_id=941972&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp

Nice article with Shingo at the official website. He talks about how great the fans were the past season. Said the weather is cold in the winter, but overall the city is great. Also, mentioned how great he felt to be in the middle of the Cubs/Sox series and really admired how seriously we took the cross-town series. Good article, Shingo Rocks!

Great article, but I would like to point out an innacuracy. He said "the sidearming right-hander became the first Japanese baseball product to join the White Sox organization." In actuality Tetsu Yofu was the first player to join the White Sox organization. Takatsu was just the first to play at the major league level.

Sorry to nitpick....

ja1022
02-11-2005, 03:19 PM
I get a kick out of him because he seems to genuinely be in awe of where he's at and what he's doing. I hope he enjoys continued success, not only because he's on the Sox, but also because by all accounts, he's a decent guy.

Navaro's Talent
02-11-2005, 03:23 PM
It's a good interview, and it makes me like Shingo even more. I'm surprised the question of Tadahito Iguchi's arrival wasn't asked. After all, Shingo sent a message to Iguchi at the press conference.

SOXintheBURGH
02-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Shingo's got to be professional about everything. Fortunately, we don't. :cool:

Didn't Buehrle rip on Sosa in an interview with the Herald?

NonetheLoaiza
02-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Good article. I hope Shingo can keep it going into this season. When he gets that standing ovation coming in from left field, it is an awesome feeling as a fan. I can only wonder what it is like for him.

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
02-11-2005, 04:22 PM
he better perform oh the boo birds will crap on him.

HomeFish
02-11-2005, 04:23 PM
he better perform oh the boo birds will crap on him.

Indeed. I will be in Section 159 to ensure that they do so with great vigor.

buehrle4cy05
02-11-2005, 04:24 PM
This may not be in the right thread, but I've talked to WAAAAYYY too many Cubs fans who believe that Ryan Dempster will have a better season than Shingo. Last time I checked, Ryan Dempster WAS NOT Mr. Zero.

Jabroni
02-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Shingo sure likes to (chuckle). :tongue:
Good article. Shingo seems like a great guy. Everything except referring to Shamme as "one of the best players in the game."But you have to admit, Shingo sure made Sham-Me look silly in that at bat.