PDA

View Full Version : Aramis Ramirez wants big money from Flubs

Jabroni
02-11-2005, 01:11 PM
"3B Ramirez wants four-year contract with Cubs"
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3389582
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) - Third baseman Aramis Ramirez said he wants to extend his contract with the Chicago Cubs before starting the next Major League season, but it must be for four years and a fair price."An agreement for four years that pays between US$10 million and US$13 million per season would be adequate," Ramirez said.

ja1022
02-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Funny he'd set a range of 10 to 13 million. I wonder if he needs an agent. I'd give him four years at $10 million per.

santo=dorf
02-11-2005, 01:54 PM
It's anther fake link Jabroni. Go through the Fox Sports website and find that story because I can't. I looked at the MLB page, Cub page, and Aramis' page an there's nothing there.

Kittle42 would also have a field day with the grammar in this article:

"But for that to happen they have to sign me on before training ends, for at least for years and for a fair price."

be similar to what his colleagues Scott Rolen (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/85709), Adrien Beltre and Troy Glaus (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/84994) earn.
Notice how there's no link to Beltre's name because the "editor" spelled his name wrong.

"An agreement for four years that pays between US$10 million and US$13 million per season would be adequate," Ramirez said.
There's no way in hell a player would come out with dollar amounts saying how much he wants.

It's fake, just like the pages that said the Cubs were getting Jorge Julio. :dtroll:

Clembasbal
02-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Not that is means anything...but I went to foxsports.com and search the title of the article and it came up. I don't know what that means, but just a little bit of info, because you had mentioned that you couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe there were misspellings because the guy who wrote it probably wrote it in the Dominican. It is from the AP and the guys name is Enrique Rojas. It could be fake or real...I don't care either way really.

santo=dorf
02-11-2005, 02:10 PM
OK I found it. I didn't see it listed in the headlines, but after clicking "view all headlines," it came up. There were some good fakes going around during the Sosa trade saying that the Cubs were getting Julio in the deal as well. Check it out. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=591309&postcount=280)

Palehose13
02-11-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm not so sure that he is worth that much. Has his defense improved a all?

cbrownson13
02-11-2005, 03:43 PM

His defense is somewhat improving. He cut down his errors a lot last year. He's one of the few guys on the Cubs that I like and I find entertaing to watch at the plate. I'd give him that money no questions asked. He'll be 27 this summer, had a very good year last year and is probably entering his prime.

Palehose13
02-11-2005, 03:51 PM
His defense is somewhat improving. He cut down his errors a lot last year. He's one of the few guys on the Cubs that I like and I find entertaing to watch at the plate. I'd give him that money no questions asked. He'll be 27 this summer, had a very good year last year and is probably entering his prime.

So that explains why you picked him when I thought there were a few better 3rd basemen still out there. :wink:

Jerome
02-11-2005, 06:34 PM

His defense is fine. Especially considering the fact that he's become an offensive machine. I don't think he really cost the scrubs too many games because of his defense. Defense at third isn't nearly as important as offense.
Plus, when you have Derek Lee at first, your infield will have a few less errors per year anyway.

:angry::angry::angry: How did the dumbass pirates get only Bobby Hill for this guy?

santo=dorf
02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
:angry::angry::angry: How did the dumbass pirates get only Bobby Hill for this guy?

It's all about the $!

Jabroni
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
:angry::angry::angry: How did the dumbass pirates get only Bobby Hill for this guy?It's called salary dumping.

Daver
02-11-2005, 07:10 PM
:whocares

kittle42
02-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Kittle42 would also have a field day with the grammar in this article:

Don't you know it's what you write and not how you write it?