PDA

View Full Version : Re-edited

misty60481
02-11-2005, 10:23 AM
I heard on the news this morning that Consecos book is being re-edited and some names are being left out...Sounds a little fishy...

Clembasbal
02-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I heard on the news this morning that Consecos book is being re-edited and some names are being left out...Sounds a little fishy...

Probably so he doesn't get sued. I would like to read the original, if it ends up being re-edited.

RKMeibalane
02-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't think Canseco should have to edit the book at all. Regardless of whether one likes Jose or not, I think everyone here acknowledges the possibility that each of the players named in his book did use steroids at some point in his career. If the players in question (McGwire, Palmeiro, Rodriguez, Giambi) are pissed because Jose is ratting on them, I don't have too much sympathy for them. They should have considered the consequences of their actions before using steroids. Nobody twisted their arms and made them do it. The fact that any of them are whining about this now only proves just how pathetic they really are.

I cannot wait until the **** hits the fan, and every player who has cheated has his name released. Then we're going to see who the real baseball players are in this country.

thepaulbowski
02-11-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't think Canseco should have to edit the book at all. Regardless of whether one likes Jose or not, I think everyone here acknowledges the possibility that each of the players named in his book did use steroids at some point in his career. If the players in question (McGwire, Palmeiro, Rodriguez, Giambi) are pissed because Jose is ratting on them, I don't have too much sympathy for them. They should have considered the consequences of their actions before using steroids. Nobody twisted their arms and made them do it. The fact that any of them are whining about this now only proves just how pathetic they really are.

I cannot wait until the **** hits the fan, and every player who has cheated has his name released. Then we're going to see who the real baseball players are in this country.

Or maybe he is taking names out because some of the things he wrote weren't quite accurate and fears lawsuits over them.

RedPinStripes
02-11-2005, 05:37 PM
I used to look at Canseco as the first 40/40 man in baseball, now I'll just remember him as the disgruntled rat.

Daver
02-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Now there is the attititude to have!

Who cares if he can't prove any of it in any way shape or form, just drop names anyway, the publisher won't mind those multi million dollar libel suits getting sent at them by the bushel basket!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Sounds to me like the Canseco's publisher has received a few registered receipt letters and has talked things over with his own legal counsel, too.

Canseco may be telling the truth but he is hardly credible. I'll be very interested to know what evidence he has for any of his allegations besides his own memory and a handful of corroborating witnesses. He's too damned dumb to have kept notes all these years.

RKMeibalane
02-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Now there is the attititude to have!

Who cares if he can't prove any of it in any way shape or form, just drop names anyway, the publisher won't mind those multi million dollar libel suits getting sent at them by the bushel basket!

The players whining about having their names mentioned should have thought about that before opting to use steroids. The best way to keep out of trouble is avoid becoming involved in those types of situations. The idiots in Canseco's book didn't take the time to consider that, and their stupidity is going to cost them their reputations. They can sue if they want. Whatever money they receive won't buy back the respect of baseball fans.

daveeym
02-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Sounds to me like the Canseco's publisher has received a few registered receipt letters and has talked things over with his own legal counsel, too.

Canseco may be telling the truth but he is hardly credible. I'll be very interested to know what evidence he has for any of his allegations besides his own memory and a handful of corroborating witnesses. He's too damned dumb to have kept notes all these years. If there's any truth to this the only names being removed are the ones that were assumed to be on roids by jose. I highly doubt any of the "personally treated by" jose names are removed.