PDA

View Full Version : Indians don't renew option on Igor

Spiff
10-24-2001, 05:20 PM
No surprise there.

But they also released Scott Radinsky. I am shocked.

Jerry_Manuel
10-24-2001, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
Indians don't renew option on Igor

:boston
Let the record show that I broke that story.

RKMeibalane
10-24-2001, 10:06 PM
The Red Sox will go after Igor, believing that his presence will help Ramirez and Nomar.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha! The Cartoon Racists have somehow managed to top themselves this time by letting another player go. The thing is, there isn't anybody else out there that they can bring in to replace Gonzalez. They're screwed in 2002.

Iwritecode
10-25-2001, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Red Sox will go after Igor, believing that his presence will help Ramirez and Nomar.

Bahahahahahahahahahaha! The Cartoon Racists have somehow managed to top themselves this time by letting another player go. The thing is, there isn't anybody else out there that they can bring in to replace Gonzalez. They're screwed in 2002.

From what I have read, they are planning on slashing payroll and begin building around younger players and pitching. This is what we have been telling them for years, pitching and defense...

Tragg
10-25-2001, 09:30 PM
They are doing just what the Blue Jays did 6-7 years ago:

Play 5-8 years with expensive vets, win some (the jays won 2 ws titles) pack the house. Then, when you think the run might be over, slash payroll and hope that the house stays packed.
Well, the Jays proved that the house doesn't stay packed. Wonder, however, if financially they are better off with a 1/2 filled house and low payroll, versus a full house and large payroll and quality team.