PDA

View Full Version : Complete B.S. from horse**** source regarding Nomar

oheeoh...magglio
02-10-2005, 08:34 PM
http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/2005/02/nomar_garciapar_1.html

Oh boy....

oheeoh...magglio
02-10-2005, 09:06 PM
"Nomar Garciaparra will be outed as a steroids user in Jose Canseco's book, a source told Boston Dirt Dogs.
Claims made my Canseco should hardly be taken as fact, but they are being treated as news. Here's one more name to add to the list. Feb. 10 - 9:04 pm et "

c/o Rotoworld

JUribe1989
02-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes! LOL. Just when the Flubs think they are out of all the steroid controversy with Sammy, then this comes in. Even if it is true or not it still creates a stir.

doublem23
02-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Apparently no one bothered to read the whole sentence that ends, "Jose says Nomar Not on His Steroid List."

:rolleyes:

Whatever. Jose Canseco is clearly insane.

SoxSpeed22
02-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Wasn't Nomar somtin like 140 pounds heavy in college? It was close to it but can someone look that up?

Jabroni
02-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Apparently no one bothered to read the whole sentence that ends, "Jose says Nomar Not on His Steroid List."

:rolleyes:

Whatever. Jose Canseco is clearly insane.Boston Dirt Dogs must have changed their quote. It originally said that Nomar WAS named as a steroid user in Canseco's book.

OEO Magglio
02-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Boston Dirt Dogs must have changed their quote. It originally said that Nomar WAS named as a steroid user in Canseco's book.
Yeah, rotoworld has it as him being named as a steroid user also.

SOX ADDICT '73
02-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Has anyone heard of any White Sox players being named in Canseco's book? I haven't, and I think that speaks well of this team. Lying or not, it looks like Jose couldn't think of even one of his Sox teammates worthy of implicating in this mess.

Jabroni
02-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Has anyone heard of any White Sox players being named in Canseco's book? I haven't, and I think that speaks well of this team. Lying or not, it looks like Jose couldn't think of even one of his Sox teammates worthy of implicating in this mess.We know of two ex-Sox that used steroids. One was obviously Jose Canseco. The other was Marvin Benard but he was cut before the start of last season...

http://baseballposse.us/benard.html
Postscript: The Giants released Marvin Benard after the 2003 season. He had latched on with the Chicago White Sox, but was released by them in March. The White Sox claim he was cut due to a leg injury, but a more ominous theory is making the rounds. Sadly, his name has been associated with the steroid controversy. It is uncertain at this point when or whether we will seen this personable young man on a baseball field again.

MUsoxfan
02-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Has anyone heard of any White Sox players being named in Canseco's book? I haven't, and I think that speaks well of this team. Lying or not, it looks like Jose couldn't think of even one of his Sox teammates worthy of implicating in this mess.

I'm sure there are very isolated incidents of our Sox using the 'roids. Canseco, Benard, and IIRC Armando Rios. The reason I believe our Sox are innocent as a whole is because they wanted to walk out of Spring Training a couple years back in protest of the lenient steriod testing policy. I'm quite sure all the notable figures on the White Sox are free and clear of 'roid charges

34 Inch Stick
02-11-2005, 07:58 AM
I would love to see the Sox continue to set the example in MLB by saying they do not believe the league steroid policy is strong enough and are therefore instituting its own policy. Would that fly in the face of collective bargaining or is each team allowed to institute its own code of conduct?

Ol' No. 2
02-11-2005, 09:37 AM
I would love to see the Sox continue to set the example in MLB by saying they do not believe the league steroid policy is strong enough and are therefore instituting its own policy. Would that fly in the face of collective bargaining or is each team allowed to institute its own code of conduct?The MLBPA would have a stroke. It's a collective bargaining issue, and there's no way they could allow one team to do something different.

Brian26
02-11-2005, 12:05 PM
As a side note, I thought I read in the paper this morning that Nomar is innocent according to a Canseco representative. I guess Nomar is named in the book, but not in reference to steroids.

Baby Fisk
02-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Everyone should take a step back and wait to see what actually gets published before throwing names and accusations around.

RKMeibalane
02-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Everyone should take a step back and wait to see what actually gets published before throwing names and accusations around.

I agree. I'm going to consult with "you know who" before I say anything about Nomar being involved in this mess.

Ol' No. 2
02-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Everyone should take a step back and wait to see what actually gets published before throwing names and accusations around.Amen. All the gossipping is making this place is starting to sound like a ladies' bridge club.

Jjav829
02-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Amen. All the gossipping is making this place is starting to sound like a ladies' bridge club.

So what, you want people to just ignore the possible steroid users until they come out and admit it? You'll be waiting a while for that...

RKMeibalane
02-11-2005, 12:58 PM
So what, you want people to just ignore the possible steroid users until they come out and admit it? You'll be waiting a while for that...

I don't think we should ignore what's happening, but we can't assume that every player mentioned in Canseco's book is guilty of steroid use. I suspect that most of the players named by him were/are steroid users, but suspicion doesn't equal factual information.

white sox bill
02-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Nomar suacing? Maybe he can get a refund:smile: . He always looked a little "pencil necky" (scrwany) to me!!

Baby Fisk
02-11-2005, 01:08 PM
My point is: let's see what's actually in the book before citing the book's contents based on hearsay.

Ol' No. 2
02-11-2005, 01:22 PM
So what, you want people to just ignore the possible steroid users until they come out and admit it? You'll be waiting a while for that...I didn't say to ignore it. There are some cases where it's clear-cut. Bonds, Giambi, Sosa, Sheffield - all are either known or virtually certain to have taken steroids. But when you start speculating about other guys based on nothing but gossip, it starts to take on a pretty ugly character.

RKMeibalane
02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
I didn't say to ignore it. There are some cases where it's clear-cut. Bonds, Giambi, Sosa, Sheffield - all are either known or virtually certain to have taken steroids. But when you start speculating about other guys based on nothing but gossip, it starts to take on a pretty ugly character.

Agreed. PHG has referred to this scandal as a witchhunt several times. I can only hope that this investigation doesn't turn into one.

Jabroni
02-11-2005, 01:29 PM
BostonDirtDogs.com (http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/) is obviously a biased site but they are pretty darn funny...

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/jgpressconf_BDD.jpg

:)

Ol' No. 2
02-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Agreed. PHG has referred to this scandal as a witchhunt several times. I can only hope that this investigation doesn't turn into one.Witch hunt is a good description. It's almost inevitable that people will begin speculating about everybody, and a lot of hard-working, dedicated, CLEAN ballplayers are going to get caught up in it. I'm not sure where this is all going to lead, but the possibilities I can forsee are all pretty ugly. It's going to be a sad day for baseball.:(:

Chicago83
02-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Nomar on Roids! That's just funny, who would believe this?

SOXintheBURGH
02-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Nomar on Roids! That's just funny, who would believe this?

:moron

"Give me time."

Jjav829
02-11-2005, 03:39 PM
My point is: let's see what's actually in the book before citing the book's contents based on hearsay.

That's fair. I thought you were trying to say we shouldn't talk about what players might be on roids.

Is anyone here planning on buying the book?

Ol' No. 2
02-11-2005, 03:48 PM
That's fair. I thought you were trying to say we shouldn't talk about what players might be on roids.

Is anyone here planning on buying the book?IMO, talking about players who are known or strongly suspected is one thing. But once you start speculating and the mud starts flying, it starts to go downhill fast. Is Aaron Rowand on steroids? Joe Crede? Shingo Takatsu? Once it becomes a gossip-fest, it gets pretty ugly. Personally, I'd rather not go there.

Palehose13
02-11-2005, 03:50 PM
IMO, talking about players who are known or strongly suspected is one thing. But once you start speculating and the mud starts flying, it starts to go downhill fast. Is Aaron Rowand on steroids? Joe Crede? Shingo Takatsu? Once it becomes a gossip-fest, it gets pretty ugly. Personally, I'd rather not go there.

There is no doubt in my mind that Shingo is a juicer. :wink:

Baby Fisk
02-11-2005, 03:52 PM
The book will hit stores on Monday. The **** will hit the fan approx. 5 minutes later. :cool:

Ol' No. 2
02-11-2005, 04:00 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Shingo is a juicer. :wink:Imagine what he looked like BEFORE!:D:

doublem23
02-11-2005, 04:56 PM

Can we take a step back and look at who's doing the publishing? Jose Canseco is a certifiable lunatic.

Jabroni
02-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Can we take a step back and look at who's doing the publishing? Jose Canseco is a certifiable lunatic.Agreed. I realize Canseco is a nutcase but I do remember him having a pretty good year filling in for an injured Frank Thomas in 2001...

Jose Canseco (http://www.baseball-reference.com/c/cansejo01.shtml)
256 AB
.258 AVG
.366 OBP
.477 SLG
16 HR
49 RBI
2 SB
45 BB
75 SO

I remember that Canseco needed those 2 stolen bases with us to become the 8th player in MLB history with 400 homers and 200 stolen bases. Of course, he was probably still on the juice when he was playing for us.