PDA

View Full Version : Hunter talks about AJ

ma-gaga
02-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Twins outfielder Torii Hun- ter said he only can imagine his first time at the plate against the White Sox with former Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski behind the plate. "I would expect A.J. to say, 'Torii watch out for that slider, Torii watch out for that fastball.' The only way to get A. J. taken care of is to take him out at the plate."

Linky (second page): http://www.startribune.com/stories/1405/5232406.html

But I'm sure it was meant in jest... :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Twins outfielder Torii Hun- ter said he only can imagine his first time at the plate against the White Sox with former Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski behind the plate. "I would expect A.J. to say, 'Torii watch out for that slider, Torii watch out for that fastball.' The only way to get A. J. taken care of is to take him out at the plate."

But I'm sure it was meant in jest... :rolleyes:Try it, Torii. PLEASE try it. Make my day.

Over By There
02-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Wow I hate Torii Hunter. Please please please Torii, try that BS again this year with AJP behind the dish. :angry:

OEO Magglio
02-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Try it, Torii. PLEASE try it. Make my day.
Agreed. Torii won't get away with that crap againt AJ.

Chisox003
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Fellas, fellas, fellas...We continue to ignore the fact that Torri Hunter is a free swinging, .270's hitter that can talk the talk with the best of 'em, especially after cheap shots on backup catchers...This guy is a stud, and ESPN, being the outstanding "experts" they are, should give him more praise for his success, especially in being a Bad Ass...Like his new nike commercial...(Like he should even be mentioned in the same sentence as Pujols & Rivera...):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I really hope Torri tries pulling something on AJ....He'll end up with a boot to the groin and a bat up his ass (not that some long wood up the rectum isnt something he wouldnt enjoy...)

Do it...Do it

Soxzilla
02-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Torrii Hunter is the Freddie Mitchell of Major League Baseball...just not funny.

Those 4 division rings won't mean jack after we take it all this year Torrii, mark my words.:redneck

FightingBillini
02-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Torrii Hunter is the Freddie Mitchell of Major League Baseball...just not funny.

Those 4 division rings won't mean jack after we take it all this year Torrii, mark my words.:redneck

Great comparison to Freddie Mitchell, I never thought about that. They are both hot dog showboating mediocre players. They talk a lot of crap for mid-card fighters.

Oh, and thats 3 rings, not 4. He wont get the 4th any time soon.

RKMeibalane
02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Will this man ever shut up?

JUribe1989
02-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Go ahead Torii, make AJ's day. I can guarantee you will be spending the night in the hospital if you try that **** on him.

SOXPHILE
02-10-2005, 10:44 PM
This is the same guy who, after last year's "little incident" at home plate, was being heckled by some fans sitting by the Twins on deck circle, and when asked about it later in interviews, said that he told them to "go ahead, bring it on. I'm 'from the hood'", or something to that extent. The "hood" ?? I didn't know being born and raised in Pine Bluff, Arkansas constituted as being from "the hood". :?:

FightingBillini
02-10-2005, 10:47 PM
This is the same guy who, after last year's "little incident" at home plate, was being heckled by some fans sitting by the Twins on deck circle, and when asked about it later in interviews, said that he told them to "go ahead, bring it on. I'm 'from the hood'", or something to that extent. The "hood" ?? I didn't know being born and raised in Pine Bluff, Arkansas constituted as being from "the hood". :?:

Like I said before, when he is batting, AJ will say:

"So I hear you are from the hood now? I didnt know PIne Bluff is the hood. I guess you was livin the thug's life waiting at the mall for your mom to pick you and your friends up and take you to Dairy Queen. You from the streets, playa."

JUribe1989
02-10-2005, 10:58 PM

"So I hear you are from the hood now? I didnt know PIne Bluff is the hood. I guess you was livin the thug's life waiting at the mall for your mom to pick you and your friends up and take you to Dairy Queen. You from the streets, playa."

LOL

SOXPHILE
02-10-2005, 11:10 PM

Doesn't everybody get their street cred' at Dairy Queen ? Only if the Pine Bluff Waffle House is closed I guess.

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
02-10-2005, 11:11 PM

i think i'm gonna use that. i'm going to every sox/twins game at the cell this year.

SOXintheBURGH
02-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Just wait for Pods and Rowand to take turns robbing Torrrrrriiiiiii of any hit that flys over the infield, and it will take care of everything. :cool:

HomeFish
02-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Could we please save the trash talking until we've actually won a season series against the Twins, let alone finish ahead of them in the division?

It's really embarassing right now. In front of a Twins fan, no less. Come on.

MUsoxfan
02-11-2005, 02:24 AM
I've got my tix for the first Comiskey game against the Twins "from da hood"

MUsoxfan
02-11-2005, 02:29 AM
Could we please save the trash talking until we've actually won a season series against the Twins, let alone finish ahead of them in the division?

You need to relax. This is a new year and the Twins have not yet won this year's series against the Sox. I'm sorry....the Rangers fans, Orioles fans, and Astros fans can't be proud of their team or say they'll beat someone because they didn't win last year's division against the eventual winner.

SOXSINCE'70
02-11-2005, 10:30 AM
If anyone winds up in the hospital after the collision,
my money's on the man from the 'Hood':rolling: :rolling: .

Try it,Torrii.Just try it.:angry: :angry:

D. TODD
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
If Torii played for the Sox we would love him. If he wants to go in hard at the plate more power to him I think A.J. will be up to the challenge. It is funny how the hated A.J. is now the hard nosed catcher who will send the thug to the hospital. If A.J. still wore a Twin uniform and Torii wore the Sox the messages would be the exact opposite. It's much ado about nothing! Pine Bluff is a economically deprived area, with high unemployment, and a large crime rate. Far from a suburban atmosphere, "the hood" refers to a area where more opportunities are in the streets hustlin and it can be found in more area then inner city housing projects. Let Torii and the rest run their mouth I'm only concerned with winning more games then his team does.

DaleJRFan
02-11-2005, 05:27 PM

But I'm sure it was meant in jest... :rolleyes:

Knowing the ultra-competitive guy AJ is, this is just the sort of thing with will jack him up. I can't see AJ reading this saying "Gosh, that silly Torii... teehee..."

voodoochile
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Knowing the ultra-competitive guy AJ is, this is just the sort of thing with will jack him up. I can't see AJ reading this saying "Gosh, that silly Torii... teehee..."

Or better yet, "Hey Toriiiii watch out for the slider. I bet you can't touch it if you lean way out over the plate." Then call for the heat up and in...

RedPinStripes
02-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Please try it Tori.

If AJ was our catcher last year, that play with Burk doesnt happen, and if it did, Hunter would have gotten an ass whoopin of a life time. I hated AJ until the day he signed here. Big jerk, tough guy, but a good guy to have on the team.

Chisox003
02-11-2005, 06:36 PM

It's really embarassing right now. In front of a Twins fan, no less. Come on.

HA! I've been on this site for about 2 months now and I havent read a post by Homefish that hasnt made me laugh...

You need to relax pal....If you dont like whats being posted in a thread dont come in and drag it down...The only thing embarassing is constantly having to read your bull**** posts....in front of Twins fans no less!

Trash talk away!

RedPinStripes
02-11-2005, 06:53 PM
HA! I've been on this site for about 2 months now and I havent read a post by Homefish that hasnt made me laugh...

You need to relax pal....If you dont like whats being posted in a thread dont come in and drag it down...The only thing embarassing is constantly having to read your bull**** posts....in front of Twins fans no less!

Trash talk away!

LOL!

ma-gaga
02-11-2005, 06:57 PM
If AJ was our catcher last year, that play with Burk doesnt happen, and if it did, Hunter would have gotten an ass whoopin of a life time. I hated AJ until the day he signed here. Big jerk, tough guy, but a good guy to have on the team.

I think the play happens, but AJ gets up and goes after Hunter. I love AJ, but I don't think that he'd "whoop" Torii. Probably some pushing and shoving. ooh, but Torii plays "free style" if you know what I mean... Maybe if AJ used his patented knee he could cripple Torii... heh. I'll stop now.

Regardless, that play would have resulted in fines, suspensions, probably fans throwing stuff onto the field, wow. It would have been intense and absolutely electric. :cool:

Too bad. All we got was Koskie getting plunked 3 times.
Sigh.

RedPinStripes
02-11-2005, 07:03 PM
I think the play happens, but AJ gets up and goes after Hunter. I love AJ, but I don't think that he'd "whoop" Torii. Probably some pushing and shoving. ooh, but Torii plays "free style" if you know what I mean... Maybe if AJ used his patented knee he could cripple Torii... heh. I'll stop now.

Regardless, that play would have resulted in fines, suspensions, probably fans throwing stuff onto the field, wow. It would have been intense and absolutely electric. :cool:

Too bad. All we got was Koskie getting plunked 3 times.
Sigh.

I get the feeling we'll have a chance to see what will happen. Especially if the Sox do as well as i think they will. The Twins are VERY sore losers.

Foulke You
02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
This thread got the old juices flowin for the season to start! Bring the Twinkees on! Let's start the season tomorrow! :D: Anybody else think this Sox/Twins rivalry is really going to explode next year? I think we are going to see some of the most intense games yet between the two teams. The rivalry has had a few years to grow now and the games mean more than ever.

The "experts" crack me up. All this talk of the Tigers and Indians being a force in the AL Central when savvy fans know that the favorites are still the Twins with the improved White Sox knocking on their door. If both teams stay healthy, I see the division being decided in the last 2 weeks of the season a la 2003. I just hope we are on the winning end this time.