PDA

View Full Version : White Sox sleepover?

ma_deuce
02-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Anyone heard about a possible repeat of the sleepover this year?

Deuce

ma_deuce
02-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Just called the Sox and they said there would be a sleepover this year, but dates have not been finalized.

ewokpelts
02-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Anyone heard about a possible repeat of the sleepover this year?

Deuce
the Kane County Cougars are having Boy Scout Sleepover night at thier firld on July 2. If anyone's interested, I can order tix. You will have to order tix for that night's game(thier rules, not mine).
Gene

SOXintheBURGH
02-10-2005, 03:30 PM
What happens at the sleep over?

:jon

"Alright, alright.. so... who's gone all the way?"

:walnuts

"I have! I have!"

whitesoxwilkes
02-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Just called the Sox and they said there would be a sleepover this year, but dates have not been finalized.

The GF and I did the inaugaral sleepover back in 2002. It had its ups and downs.

Pros: get to see 2 games, seats were perfect for watching the fireworks, sleeping on the field, playing catch on the field, free beer and pizza. First in line for autographs on Sunday....this was before they made autographs kids-only.

Cons: The leaf blowers they use to clean out the stands were running until 4 am, making sleep impossible unless you were passed out drunk. Sun comes up at about 5:15 during the summer. Huge void of time to kill between when you clear the field and when the Sunday afternoon game...you were pretty much confined to the Bullpen Bar (no alcohol being served) and Patio Area.

ma_deuce
02-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Huge void of time to kill between when you clear the field and when the Sunday afternoon game...you were pretty much confined to the Bullpen Bar (no alcohol being served) and Patio Area.

No beer and no tv makes Deuce something something.