PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wills on ESPN 1000

mcfish
02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Doing an interview with Silvy and Carmen. Talking now about the process of getting the job with Tampa.

Talked about how much he enjoyed working for the Sox and how it will be scary leaving the Chicago area for the first time. Will be doing 4-5 innings of play by play every day, splitting time with someone else.

tebman
02-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Doing an interview with Silvy and Carmen. Talking now about the process of getting the job with Tampa.

Talked about how much he enjoyed working for the Sox and how it will be scary leaving the Chicago area for the first time. Will be doing 4-5 innings of play by play every day, splitting time with someone else.

Anybody got a summary? I don't have access to the audio at my location.

- tebman

jshanahanjr
02-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Hopefully Dave has success in Tampa and returns to the Sox someday as an everday play by play announcer. Maybe after Hawk retires?

mcfish
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Anybody got a summary? I don't have access to the audio at my location.

- tebmanThat pretty much was a summary. It wasn't a long interview. I edited my post that I made at the beginning of the interview to include the summary.

tebman
02-10-2005, 12:43 PM
That pretty much was a summary. It wasn't a long interview. I edited my post that I made at the beginning of the interview to include the summary.

Thanks. I was hoping he'd give more details about the new gig or about the future of the Sox program plans on WMVP.

- tebman

Foulke You
02-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Hopefully Dave has success in Tampa and returns to the Sox someday as an everday play by play announcer. Maybe after Hawk retires?

Actually, I can see Willsy taking over John Rooney's spot on the radio broadcasts and having Rooney promoted to TV to replace Hawk. At least, that's how I'd do it. No offense to Willsy, but he has a face made for radio:cool:

:wills
"Why don't you say that to my face Drill Rod!"

SpammySosa
02-10-2005, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=Foulke You]Actually, I can see Willsy taking over John Rooney's spot on the radio broadcasts and having Rooney promoted to TV to replace Hawk. At least, that's how I'd do it. No offense to Willsy, but he has a face made for radio:cool:
QUOTE]

Like Hawk and his blotchy skin and goofy glasses are a sight to see. I say this like I look like Johnny Depp or something.:redneck

RedPinStripes
02-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Why the hell couldnt they do the right thing and just let Willsy take Farmeo's place? I cant take any more love stories about Sosa and AJ.

RichFitztightly
02-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Actually, I can see Willsy taking over John Rooney's spot on the radio broadcasts and having Rooney promoted to TV to replace Hawk. At least, that's how I'd do it. No offense to Willsy, but he has a face made for radio:cool:

:wills
"Why don't you say that to my face Drill Rod!"

And he has one gigantic head. If they ever start up the ultimate head-butting championship, I'm placing all my money on ol' Willsey.

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
02-11-2005, 03:12 AM
TV loves big heads cause they fill up most of the screen.

Fenway
02-11-2005, 09:03 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/11/images/large/C_4_rays_206999_0211.jpg

Freed, who came up through the minors and worked most recently at Triple-A Pawtucket, and Wills, a native Chicagoan who has handled pregame and postgame shows for the White Sox and some play by play, hope to be part of that for a long time, each signing four-year contracts.
Having seen many young Rays on their way to the majors, Freed said he considered the future especially bright. "It's a very exciting time to be here," he said.

The Rays received advice and counsel from some of the top broadcasters in sports, including Bob Costas, Joe Buck, Jon Miller and Ernie Harwell, before selecting Freed and Wills to share the booth as essentially co-No. 1s.

----------------------------------------------

I know Andy Freed from his work at Trenton and Pawtucket. He will be around for a long time

Freed, 32, becomes the third PawSox radio voice in the past five years to earn a promotion to the bigs. Don Orsillo became the Red Sox TV play-by-play man for NESN in 2001 and was replaced by Freed and Dave Flemming. Last year, Flemming joined Jon Miller in the San Francisco Giants' radio booth
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13937067&BRD=1713&PAG=461&dept_id=24490&rfi=6

BTW how hot are Red Sox spring training tickets??? They now selling AAA spring training games

http://www.pawsox.com/files/1.1108143710.jpg

PAPChiSox729
02-12-2005, 08:10 PM
I liked Willsy while he was here. He was very,very passionate about his team. I wish him the best for the rest of his career.

SOXintheBURGH
02-12-2005, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Foulke You]Actually, I can see Willsy taking over John Rooney's spot on the radio broadcasts and having Rooney promoted to TV to replace Hawk. At least, that's how I'd do it. No offense to Willsy, but he has a face made for radio:cool:
QUOTE]

Like Hawk and his blotchy skin and goofy glasses are a sight to see. I say this like I look like Johnny Depp or something.:redneck

THIS is a face made for radio:
http://www.foxnews.com/images/115923/325_22_350_colmes_alan.jpg