PDA

View Full Version : The Moron Report

cheeses_h_rice
10-24-2001, 11:48 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay241.html

:moron

See, it almost sounds like I'm bashing the Flubbies here a bit.

The most important thing, people, is to always be on the right side of success. Once the Flubs punked out this year, I distanced myself as best as I could, slowly but surely. Heck, at this point, it almost sounds like I never believed in the Flubbies at all this year. That's the magic of being a weaselly columnist -- you can make the past disappear just like that, as long as you make it seem like you never wrote the stuff you did just 3 short months ago.

And, it goes without saying, had the Flubs won their division and the D-backs failed to make the playoffs, you can bet your ass I would have written the exact opposite of a column, taunting Gracie for being thin-skinned and jumping ship at the exact wrong moment.

I love being a columnist!

FarWestChicago
10-24-2001, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
That's the magic of being a weaselly columnist -- you can make the past disappear just like that, as long as you make it seem like you never wrote the stuff you did just 3 short months ago.

:shammy

Jay, you pretty much narced on me for running Gracie out of town in that column. What's up with that? Are you and Fluffy turning on me?

Moses_Scurry
10-24-2001, 12:54 PM
I heard a pretty good nickname for Moron on AM1000 last night that I hadn't heard before. They called him "Eddie Munster". If one of you computer able guys could take his picture and add pointed ears and a widow's peak, I think we would have an exact replica!!